PDA

View Full Version : Echo at HomeDepot

larryinalabama
11-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Is the Echo stuff at home the same as the dealers sell???

I wouold go to a dealer but all of them in my aera have went out of business.

Patriot Services
11-07-2012, 05:43 PM
I was just at my dealer and they confirmed all the models 230 and larger are the same. Prices are about 5% lower too. However nothing replaces a good dealer when a problem arises so 5% is not worth it to me. I bet a good dealer that you regularly buy from will price match.
Posted via Mobile Device

larryinalabama
11-07-2012, 05:52 PM
The closest dealer I have is a 50 minute drive.

Patriot Services
11-07-2012, 05:57 PM
My dealer is convenient to my house but not my shop. Still worth it over the loust Stihl dealer I have. I also haven't needed to take a piece in either in two years.
Posted via Mobile Device

kawasaki guy
11-07-2012, 06:05 PM
I was just at my dealer and they confirmed all the models 230 and larger are the same. Prices are about 5% lower too. However nothing replaces a good dealer when a problem arises so 5% is not worth it to me. I bet a good dealer that you regularly buy from will price match.
Posted via Mobile Device

what about smaller stuff

Patriot Services
11-07-2012, 06:07 PM
what about smaller stuff
Dealers generally don't carry the 225 series.
Posted via Mobile Device

kawasaki guy
11-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Dealers generally don't carry the 225 series.
Posted via Mobile Device
I think my dealer does.

Patriot Services
11-07-2012, 06:24 PM
I said generally. What is your question. HD has 225 on the shelf. Nobody in back to fix it or get parts though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr.NewEarth
11-07-2012, 06:25 PM
I would buy at HD, but learn how to fix and maintain your own equipment.UP here, the commercial use warranty is only ninety days any-ways.

I bought a mower at HD about sixteen years ago. It had a recurring problem with an engage mechanism. HD sends out their repairs to a dealer. I waited 2.5 months for a five dollar part to be put on, just so the warranty wasn't voided.

Calculate the lost time and loss of equipment to your business.

Is your time better spent fixing your own problems, and maybe driving an hour to get the right part? Or spending the money to just have a dealer fix the problem any-ways?

So, I would buy from HD because of the price. I don't rely on them to repair any-thing.

kawasaki guy
11-07-2012, 06:25 PM
I said generally. What is your question. HD has 225 on the shelf. Nobody in back to fix it or get parts though.
Posted via Mobile Device

it was. thanks

Johnagain
11-07-2012, 07:25 PM
I would buy at HD, but learn how to fix and maintain your own equipment.UP here, the commercial use warranty is only ninety days any-ways.

Just for your info here is Echo's 2 year commercial warranty.

http://www.echo-usa.com/Warranty/Commercial-Warranty

Dr.NewEarth
11-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Just for your info here is Echo's 2 year commercial warranty.

http://www.echo-usa.com/Warranty/Commercial-Warranty

Thanks. I'm in Canada though. Different rules.

Up here that big box company is called "THE Home Depot"
for legal reasons too.

Johnagain
11-07-2012, 09:26 PM
I was curious so I checked echo's Canada site and they offer the same warranty as the US.

jsslawncare
11-07-2012, 09:36 PM
I'm buying all new Echo hand helds for next year and they will be bought from HD and serviced by my dealer under warranty if needed. I have also never had to have anything serviced though. I just buy the small stuff from him- air filters, triggers and anything that breaks.