PDA

View Full Version : Drive and Crabgrass?

carbpow
11-08-2012, 08:59 AM
I have applied Drive XLR8 4 times over the last couple of months on the same crabgrass. It seems to stunt its growth but it sure isn't killing it. I use the recommended label rate and sticker. I make sure it's been at least two days since mowing and wait at least 3 days before mowing. Irrigation is controlled to prevent washing it off the first day or so and then normal irrigation resumes. I even mixed a tracker last time to make sure I was hitting it good. Anybody else had this problem? Is there some kind of bad crabgrass in S. Florida that resists this stuff?

White Gardens
11-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Are you using the correct non-ionic surfactant with it?

Up north, I've used it and had good-great results with one application with at least 30 days + of residual stunting.

carbpow
11-08-2012, 05:38 PM
I use Dyne Amic which is a non-ionic surfactant.

Mjcurry3
08-23-2013, 02:24 AM
Try azulox lol.... Get it from most any dealer besides John Deere. Good luck. 1 oz. per gallon and get it wet.

bugsNbows
08-23-2013, 01:05 PM
Try azulox lol.... Get it from most any dealer besides John Deere. Good luck. 1 oz. per gallon and get it wet.

You may want to re-read that Asulox label. While you are at it, keep a wary eye out for the DACS inspector. They are focusing on misapplications.

williams lcm
08-24-2013, 04:53 PM
I am seeing a lot of crab grass everywhere. I guess it is because it has been raining everyday. Some fert and spray company's say that they can kill it. I don't know but it is awful grass.