PDA

View Full Version : Tree removal from storm damage!!

H & M Yard Improvements
11-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Hi all, I had one of my customers contact me today about removing a couple of downed trees on his property. He wants to know what it would cost to cut it up. I can dispose of it whatever way i wish. Im thinking im going to take the wood for the fire pit next summer. My question is what would you think would be the best way to charge for this? by the job? hour? This would be my first tree job. Any help would be appreciated! Thank You all! I have included pics btw!

H & M Yard Improvements
11-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Not one person?

knox gsl
11-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Only seeing what's in the pics $1500 everything but the stump, $2700 everything.

alldayrj
11-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Where are you located? Do you have saws, a dump, a chipper etc?
Posted via Mobile Device

H & M Yard Improvements
11-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

H & M Yard Improvements
11-08-2012, 10:38 PM
North Jersey! I just spoke with my brother who is an arborist and has everything I need including the stump grinder! We went to look at it in person together! We are going to work together on it!
Posted via Mobile Device

H & M Yard Improvements
11-08-2012, 10:40 PM
I have a saw but not big enough for that tree! My brother has much bigger ones to cut through that!
Posted via Mobile Device

alldayrj
11-08-2012, 10:45 PM
I would haul that stump since its already out of the ground and could probably cut the whole thing with my 16" husky. I find this whole thread kinda funny since your brother is an arborist. What would he charge? Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

H & M Yard Improvements
11-08-2012, 10:48 PM
His company would charge around $4500. This would be a side job!
Posted via Mobile Device

alldayrj
11-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Don't take less than market value bro. You earned it
Posted via Mobile Device

H & M Yard Improvements
11-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Oh I won't! This is also one of my regular clients! He is probably going to crap himself when I give him the price tomorrow lol! But it is what it is! I am not going to lowball just to get the job! Plus the customer is a lawyer so I know he can't say that he doesn't have the cash! The tree is hanging over the neighbors property too so those people want it gone yesterday! Since he's a regular mowing client it may help me land the job being that we already have an existing buisness relationship! He's due for a clean up too lol. This could be good money! Keeping my fingers crossed!
Posted via Mobile Device

Durabird02
11-09-2012, 09:40 AM
A fallen tree is also an insurance job if he claims it, so he shouldn't have to pay anything out of pocket, other than his deductible.

KrayzKajun
11-09-2012, 09:55 AM
A fallen tree is also an insurance job if he claims it, so he shouldn't have to pay anything out of pocket, other than his deductible.

Wrong. Most insurance companies only pay to have the portion of a tree that is on the home. Not the whole tree. 99% of homeowners dont know this.
Posted via Mobile Device

H & M Yard Improvements
11-09-2012, 10:12 AM
The tree is not on his house. It fell over and hangs over the neighbors yard! No danger to doing any damage to homes!
Posted via Mobile Device