PDA

View Full Version : "Over the top"

Tri-City Outdoors
11-09-2012, 09:24 AM
I have several property's that have Mondo grass and juniper ground cover. I use per-emergent and hand pull. So I was wondering if any over the top spraying would help me out. Any recommendations? Mostly sage but few broad leaved weeds & grasses.
I posted in the fl forum to get more specific because of our temps in the summer. I do not want to burn anything.
TIA

Ric
11-09-2012, 11:10 AM

I have not fooled with Mondo grass but Junipers are easy just expensive to get set up. Try Fusilade for Grassy weeds and Certainty for sedge and broad leafs.

Keith
11-09-2012, 12:28 PM
My experience on the smaller junipers is that Fusilade can be pretty harsh on the plant itself. Are you cutting the rate way down when spraying those? I had considered trying a product with clethodim when dealing with junipers, though I know it probably will not work as well.

The bad part about it, most of the junipers that I have weed problems with either have torpedo or bermuda growing through them, or Florida betony. It couldn't be any of the simple weeds.

cgaengineer
11-09-2012, 12:56 PM
For mondo grass you can use roundup 1/2 regular strength in most cases if the mondo is healthy.

Also check sethoxydim and fenoxaprop...both labeled for weed control in modo/liriope. I have tried sethoxydim and roundup and it works great.