PDA

View Full Version : New track loader questions

mdlwn1
11-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Im looking to buy a new track loader/skidsteer in the next 2 weeks. I am in the hurricane Sandy zone and don't have a lot of time as these machines are selling like never before. I rented a Bobcat T750 with grapple and thought the amount of power was about right. This will be for logging/sod pallets/soil/snow removal. My choices are Cat 289c/Tack tl10 /Bobcat t750...price irrelevant...all good dealer support. The machine will be used on an estate and therefore will not be trailored or stored outside. I have used cats and bobcats in the past and found the cats to be really nice/smooth/hand controls, but light in the ass for heavy pallet work and the bobcats to be fairly crude/noisy/vibrate, but ass heavy so great for heavy lifting. My friends all say Tach because the hydraulics are stronger/more powerful compared to similar sized machines machines. Im sure this has been covered in the past, but I really dont have the time as I am up against a wall here and machines are moving crazy fast. Any brief help would be much appreciated. Ps..if your in my area and plan on doing landscape restoration....enjoy the next few years my friends and decide early on the rate at which you want to grow...first movers will kill it..until everyone else jumps in. Thanks for any help guys.

alldayrj
11-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Are you in jersey?
Posted via Mobile Device

bobcat_ron
11-09-2012, 05:01 PM
I vote for Takeuchi, you sure pay extra for Cat and Bobcat cabs and refinement, but no one else has a massive cab like Takeuchi.
Posted via Mobile Device

mdlwn1
11-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Are you in jersey?
Posted via Mobile Device

no...im in eastern nassau...most of my career and life is/was toms river/ortley.

mdlwn1
11-09-2012, 06:00 PM
I vote for Takeuchi, you sure pay extra for Cat and Bobcat cabs and refinement, but no one else has a massive cab like Takeuchi.
Posted via Mobile Device

does this mean that the tak cab is unrefined? lacks features?

ksss
11-09-2012, 06:05 PM
I have just about a year on a CASE TR320. I am very happy with it. You might want to give one a try. Big power, very comfortable cab, and class leading bucket breakout.

alldayrj
11-09-2012, 06:21 PM
no...im in eastern nassau...most of my career and life is/was toms river/ortley.

Ok I'm based out of farmingdale. The only experience i have is with all island equip and they just wanted to sell me a machine and get me the hell out of there. No follow up service. Let me know if you need help in the mean time. I have 2 skid steers
Posted via Mobile Device

mdlwn1
11-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Ok I'm based out of farmingdale. The only experience i have is with all island equip and they just wanted to sell me a machine and get me the hell out of there. No follow up service. Let me know if you need help in the mean time. I have 2 skid steers
Posted via Mobile Device

To be honest..I really want to limit the variables of a property this size and just purchase something, however pm me your number and maybe we can find some common ground.

bobcat_ron
11-09-2012, 09:29 PM
does this mean that the tak cab is unrefined? lacks features?

If you are in and out of the cab a million times or more a day, you will love it, but if you want to treat your cab as your fortress of solitude, then Cat and Bobcat are for you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cornell
11-09-2012, 09:38 PM
I say pay the extra couple grand for a T770 with 2 speed if price isn't an issue

We have a T770 loaded with pilot controls and 2 speed and a T750 without the 2 speed. I use it all the time and its awesome for plowing. Also pick up cubes of keystone, 5k pound boulders, chilton pallets, pavers etc without issue on both machines. The T770 just does it faster.

I would say give Case a shot too but I hated the TV380 I demoed. Cab doesn't seem as well thought out as the Cat or Bobcat and I really like my roller suspension in our Bobcats. Like you said the 289C with torsion suspension felt light out back and I just wasn't impressed. Standard bucket is awful unless you like to grade and never carry any type of material.

Enjoy loading dump trucks with the T770 too. Super quick cycling and I have no issues with reach even with guys cheater boards. Full buckets of sand all the way up and machine never feels tippy.

Closing in on 700 hrs and got the machine June of 2011.

This is coming from someone that used to be all about the Power Tan. Now its more whatever performs best and Korean Orange and White are winning from what I can see.

bobcat_ron
11-09-2012, 09:44 PM
I hate it when people bash Cat's purely over bucket size, put a bigger bucket on it if it bugs you. We run a 80" Bobcat 1.5 cubic yard bucket and it fricken moves mountains with more than enough power to grab a mafia block.
Posted via Mobile Device

mdlwn1
11-09-2012, 10:46 PM
i've been looking at purely stats..and it seems from a pure data standpoint that cat and tak are equal as far as tipping weight. I wont be loading trucks....im most concerned with a low center of gravity as I will be climbing to some extent and light foot print for the turf i will be driving over (and hopefully not fixing after). The data just doesnt seem to jive with the seat of the pants feel though...kinda wierd. Speed doesn't matter to me so much, I only have a 1/3 mile to plow and the driveway is lined with metal edging...lol.

Cornell
11-09-2012, 10:52 PM
I hate it when people bash Cat's purely over bucket size, put a bigger bucket on it if it bugs you. We run a 80" Bobcat 1.5 cubic yard bucket and it fricken moves mountains with more than enough power to grab a mafia block.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's why I said standard bucket :cool2:

Cat must have an erection over those buckets because that's what they all come with. :laugh:

mdlwn1
11-09-2012, 10:52 PM
I say pay the extra couple grand for a T770 with 2 speed if price isn't an issue

We have a T770 loaded with pilot controls and 2 speed and a T750 without the 2 speed. I use it all the time and its awesome for plowing. Also pick up cubes of keystone, 5k pound boulders, chilton pallets, pavers etc without issue on both machines. The T770 just does it faster.

I would say give Case a shot too but I hated the TV380 I demoed. Cab doesn't seem as well thought out as the Cat or Bobcat and I really like my roller suspension in our Bobcats. Like you said the 289C with torsion suspension felt light out back and I just wasn't impressed. Standard bucket is awful unless you like to grade and never carry any type of material.

Enjoy loading dump trucks with the T770 too. Super quick cycling and I have no issues with reach even with guys cheater boards. Full buckets of sand all the way up and machine never feels tippy.

Closing in on 700 hrs and got the machine June of 2011.

This is coming from someone that used to be all about the Power Tan. Now its more whatever performs best and Korean Orange and White are winning from what I can see.

Please excuse my ignorance....orange and white...bobcats are korean? What do you mean by power tan?

mdlwn1
11-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Bobcat ron...do you agree that cats feel light out back? My seat of the pants feel is 5 years old at this point...lol. Someone mentioned that the tak's are noisy....like an old bobcat?

bobcat_ron
11-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Bobcat ron...do you agree that cats feel light out back? My seat of the pants feel is 5 years old at this point...lol. Someone mentioned that the tak's are noisy....like an old bobcat?

They only feel light because of the torsion axles. They squat when you curl the bucket in under a load and the heel hits the ground and people say they have no power. I've had the same amount of weight on the forks of the company's 277C as I did on my TL130 and it feels the same, and my machine was smaller and rigid.
Cab noise is all in how you are running it, wide open throttle and driving across hard ground will rattle the cab, but on the other side of the scale, I get real tired of the same rattling noise from the 277C's apparently smoother ride.
Posted via Mobile Device

excav8ter
11-10-2012, 08:10 AM
If you go the Takeuchi route....try to get a TL240. A friend of mine has the new TL10 and told me it takes about $40.00 a day more in fuel than his TL240 due to the emissions stuff.

AWJ Services
11-10-2012, 09:40 AM
If you go the Takeuchi route....try to get a TL240. A friend of mine has the new TL10 and told me it takes about $40.00 a day more in fuel than his TL240 due to the emissions stuff.

The new engine is bigger but 10 gallons extra a day? According too Taks website it went up from 3.1 to 3.3 gallons per hour.

AWJ Services
11-10-2012, 09:43 AM
My neighbor just got a new Cat and for riding up and down the driveway listening too music it is a dream.

Digdeep
11-10-2012, 12:06 PM

That's strange. My buddy at CAT says they're getting pretty good fuel consumption out of the new Tier IV engines over the previous models.

dozerman21
11-10-2012, 12:55 PM
I'll second the Case TR320. Try one out if you have a good dealer in your area. Before I bought mine, I ran it against a 289C and a TL240. The Case was just outperformed the others IMO and the new cab is nice. I also liked the TL240, it just felt a little dated and didn't have quite the breakout power. Overall nice machine though and well built. The Cat was distant third. The cab and instrument cluster is nice, minus the flimsy door. Power felt weak for a machine that size. Visibility to the rear is non-existent. The ride was a little better but not much.

Cornell
11-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Please excuse my ignorance....orange and white...bobcats are korean? What do you mean by power tan?

Doosan bought Bobcat from Ingersoll Rand in 2007.

Doosan's are Orange, Bobcats are White :)

Doosan is based out of South Korea.

Power Tan - Case

Bleed Green
11-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Dozerman, for some reason I thought you had a Deere a while back. You didn't like the D series?

muddywater
11-10-2012, 05:52 PM
I ran a cat 259 that was on our jobsite the other day and that suspension made a difference running down the street. It was smooth. My taki feels like it is going to rattle the windows out going down the street. On dirt it is smooth, but not on asphalt.

That being said I love my taki, I have had no problems. Taki's don't have much creature comforts, although I am comfortable working 12 hour days with their silky smooth hydraulics and air ride seat. Taki's are for guys that just want to get s##t done. And you just can't beat the hell out of a Taki. Cats are for guys that want to get S@#t done and look! You just hate to scratch up all that purty paint and decals.

excav8ter
11-10-2012, 06:35 PM
That's strange. My buddy at CAT says they're getting pretty good fuel consumption out of the new Tier IV engines over the previous models.

....well my friend Tim, watches his operating costs pretty closely. He has 2 - TL 240's and 1 TL130. He claims the tier 4 in the Taki is a thirsty engine.
Posted via Mobile Device

AEL
11-10-2012, 06:48 PM
I would vote for the bobcat t770 , but don't overlook the case and kubota machines .
Posted via Mobile Device

dozerman21
11-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Dozerman, for some reason I thought you had a Deere a while back. You didn't like the D series?

I had a CT332 but sold it a few years ago. It was a strong machine but was constantly having breakdowns as soon as the warranty ran out. Not nickel and dime stuff either, expensive sh!t. The D Series seem to be an improvement if they are more durable. It would be hard for me to buy another one with lemon I had, especially with all the choices out there.
Posted via Mobile Device

mdlwn1
11-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Looks like it will be the Bobcat. Is there any reason that buying a tier 3 engine machine would be bad?