PDA

View Full Version : Funny story

dstifel
11-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Went to aerate 5 yards yesterday, 2 of them were my girlfriends grandparents and their neighbor, the rest were random calls i had received. Started off completed the grandparents went to knock on the door of the neighbor to introduce myself. She answered and informed me that she had someone else coming to do hers that came highly recommended from a friend and did this for a living not as a part timer. Yes i have another job but believe me i still consider myself full time and my mowing makes more money then my "full time" job. I said ok no problem left her my card and said if he doenst work out to give me a call. Keep in mind i have never met this lady before just knew that the grandparents had a neighbor that wanted their yard done no name or anything. Got into my truck and typed in the next address the gps as a i drove away. Not paying to much attention to addresses since i obviously know where her grandma lives i didn't put two and two together. This neighbor was also one of the random calls i had received. I circled the block went back to the door and re introduced myself. She immediately turned beat red of embarrassment and tried putting a story together of who " i was highly reffered by". I just laughed it off told her no big deal and did her yard. At the end she came out and said so how much do i owe you. When the grandparents asked i had said 40 for both yards (very small and being next door to each other was a good price). When she had called me on the phone i had said 50 which is my standard rate for normal yards. So i told her 50 is what she owed me. She said well the grandparents said it would be 40? i said yes but that was before i had to reload up my equipment unload it again and then re load it and agreed at 45$.

Thought you guys might get a good laugh out of this. Nice lady just wanted all the neighbors to think she was getting a much better service then the grandparents were. Also got a laugh out of the fact that i was bidding against myself without even knowing it.

iand
11-09-2012, 03:59 PM
so the real question here is did you get ripped of by some lowballer undercutting you by $5 or did you rip this lady off by charging her $5 more than she was 1st expecting to pay :laugh: good story
i remember giving a man an estimate and getting the job it wasn't until i went to write up in my estimate book that i realized i had estimated it 2 months before for $10 less :)

dstifel
11-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Ha good point damn lowballers
Posted via Mobile Device