PDA

View Full Version : jungle gold

notaniel
11-09-2012, 06:53 PM
what do you guys think of it?

I was watching it today and all i got out of 15 min of it is that its worse than gold rush and looks rigged as hell. It also looks incredibly stupid, although the giant market full of cheap used parts doesnt look too bad, for ghana i guess.

icex
11-09-2012, 08:41 PM
what do you guys think of it?

I was watching it today and all i got out of 15 min of it is that its worse than gold rush and looks rigged as hell. It also looks incredibly stupid, although the giant market full of cheap used parts doesnt look too bad, for ghana i guess.

They added to much drama into the show .. staged.

Patriot Services
11-09-2012, 08:50 PM
I don't know. Looks like the Africa I've been to. Seems like authority is absent. Paper doesn't mean squat and you can be killed for looking the wrong way at someone. Armed Chinese jumping claims at will. Equipment being stripped and stolen. Village toll roads. Top it off with two dumazz that don't seem to have a clue about prospecting or mining. Same old story of wasting other peoples investments when their own lives are financial disaster.
Posted via Mobile Device

meets1
11-09-2012, 11:25 PM
I don't mind it. I like gold rush better.

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
11-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Watching it now and yeah it is drama filled but somehow feels real.
We will see what happens.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dirtman2007
11-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Atleast I saw the black guy greasing that excavator... Ive never seen that on gold rush...

Am I really the only one who looks for that stuff?:hammerhead: lol

notaniel
11-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Atleast I saw the black guy greasing that excavator... Ive never seen that on gold rush...

Am I really the only one who looks for that stuff?:hammerhead: lol

no, i also noticed on gold rush that even though they bought all this new to them equipment they still didnt have new teeth on all the excavators,
and what did they do with all their perfectly good equipment from last year?

Dirtman2007
11-10-2012, 11:24 PM
no, i also noticed on gold rush that even though they bought all this new to them equipment they still didnt have new teeth on all the excavators,
and what did they do with all their perfectly good equipment from last year?

haha volvo is a big sponsor on this new season if you cant tell. Im sure they dont want any other machines show that arnt volvo. If you notice they really dont mention the dozers are cat. they just say get the D9 or D10.

If you catch it in some of the clips you can see all the old equipment in the background. but they dont show the brand names on it haha.

for example that brand new Doosan loader that dakota fred got last season is parked off on the sidelines while he brings in another volvo wheel loader. so now they have 3 loaders and one wore ass hitachi excavator with 20K hrs:laugh:

notaniel
11-11-2012, 12:02 AM
haha volvo is a big sponsor on this new season if you cant tell. Im sure they dont want any other machines show that arnt volvo. If you notice they really dont mention the dozers are cat. they just say get the D9 or D10.

If you catch it in some of the clips you can see all the old equipment in the background. but they dont show the brand names on it haha.

for example that brand new Doosan loader that dakota fred got last season is parked off on the sidelines while he brings in another volvo wheel loader. so now they have 3 loaders and one wore ass hitachi excavator with 20K hrs:laugh:

you'd think fred would get a new ex to go with all his nice loaders, but that prob wouldn't add to the drama, and as for the Klondike boys, the 100 oz they found last season and were so happy with was soo little, on another show ( on nat geo) the guys with older stuff were getting a 100 a week and barely breaking even.

Impact-Vector
11-11-2012, 08:51 AM
I'm still amazed people would actually invest in these fools.

Do the math-that equipment lease fees plus transport can't be cheap.. And all they want to get is $1.5mil in gold? After paying workers (let's say $50k each) plus fuel and operating costs.. There is no profit! Oh wait you have to give the ckaim owner 10 % or more..So who the hell invests? Besides maybe Volvo....I don't get it.

As for the Africa thing. I lived there.. These guys are just idiots.. Declare bankrupcy, Sell your excavator and go get a job!

Patriot Services
11-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Its all for the show. Nobody is going to do all that for the 9k each guy made last season. I have no doubt this is 100% scripted on both shows.
Posted via Mobile Device

AEL
11-11-2012, 01:21 PM
And some how each season they all get more equipment ... Doesn't add up
Posted via Mobile Device

Schrock Lawns
11-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Todd said when they went to expand the new claim tht the 10 new machines were leased
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
11-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Still the geniuses couldn't read a GPS and surveyed somebody elses claim.
Posted via Mobile Device

AEL
11-12-2012, 01:35 PM
The lease payments, insurance and fuel costs of 10 machines would eat these guys alive . Pretty sure someone else is covering the costs...
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun
11-12-2012, 01:51 PM
atleast AxeMan is coming back. i ge to see Shelby doing crazy $h!t in the swamp.

Dirtman2007
11-12-2012, 07:11 PM
atleast AxeMan is coming back. i ge to see Shelby doing crazy $h!t in the swamp.

here we go paw paw!

bobcat_ron
11-12-2012, 07:33 PM
The lease payments, insurance and fuel costs of 10 machines would eat these guys alive . Pretty sure someone else is covering the costs...
Posted via Mobile Device

One word.......INVESTORS.....but the TV show people can't say that word, as America is over run by investors from foreign markets, and after all, it's all about the American spirit that anyone can do what they want if they choose.

I skimmed through the jungle gold, and I noticed something, Todd's beard is like Pinocchio's nose, the more bull sh!t and lies he shows us, the longer it grows.
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y325/bigbrotheriswatching_2010/Miscellaneous%20pics/9hsicp6zhl_zpsfa6bd585.jpg

notaniel
11-12-2012, 11:22 PM
One word.......INVESTORS.....but the TV show people can't say that word, as America is over run by investors from foreign markets, and after all, it's all about the American spirit that anyone can do what they want if they choose.

I skimmed through the jungle gold, and I noticed something, Todd's beard is like Pinocchio's nose, the more bull sh!t and lies he shows us, the longer it grows.
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y325/bigbrotheriswatching_2010/Miscellaneous%20pics/9hsicp6zhl_zpsfa6bd585.jpg

never thought of that, but it seems perfectly true and brillant

bobcat_ron
11-12-2012, 11:32 PM
No one can go and lease land from a stake owner with out having a company. Todd and his gang of monkies obviously have a company name and that company has investors that provide money that they need to do all the crazy crap that they do.
The very first episode gave a glimpse of how much money was being spent, even if you re mortgage your house, you still won't have a third of the money that they spent to get to Alaska, all those low beds and equipment payments, the barge cost, insurance and fuel. Investments paid for all that, Todd just made up the rest as a way to inspire others that the American dream is still possible.
Posted via Mobile Device

rawtoxic
11-13-2012, 09:51 AM
The Jungle Gold guys are pathetic, they can't even run their own excavator. What do the two guys do all day? And who the hell doesn't know to keep enough gas on hand to run their pumps when doing a wet dig. Just like how Fred fired the guy on Gold Rush this week, a miner who can't run equipment is useless. I just wonder what the native Ghana guys think about these stupid white boys that can't do a thing on there own.

I feel Gold Rush is a big commercial sometimes LOL. Like the Ford 1 ton pulling the semi truck back to Indian Creek that was totally ******* staged they did the same bit on Ice Road Truckers. Yeah I've pulled a stuck tandem dump truck out with my one-ton a few times too but I didn't make Dodge commercials or even think it was that great. I mean have you seen the Guinness Book of Records a guy pulls a 188 ton aircraft with a body harness lets bring him on Gold Rush to free all the stuck equipment that would be entertaining!

All_Toro_4ME
11-13-2012, 10:31 AM
^^ I thought the same thing rawtoxic... Especially with all the mud and puddles around from the melting snow, couldn't understand how magically the truck pulling the semi gained traction

DLONGLANDSCAPING
11-13-2012, 11:26 AM
I'm not going to bash the shows themselves, because they are on tv! They are making money from being tv and that is the purpose of the business. get viewers intrigued so ratings are up and they are able to sell 40 min of commercials in an hour long show! each cast member gets close to 28,000 per episode, these are very wealthy cast members. when this year on gold rush the Hoffmanns come out with two bulldozers, two brand new built from scratch wash plants, loaders and excavators and all of the pumps and everything they need, it shows obviously they have ridiculous investors who are being paid by producers from the millions they are making from the tv show! Every ''reality" show on tv is somewhat staged! You can't admit that it's great tv! I love ax men the most. Seems to be pretty legit and always a friendly competition. I especially love rygard. But cotsie cracks me up yelling at everyone and fighting with good ole joe!

Tv is tv ! Keeps us entertained! Jungle gold is just a new adventure to get Americans excited about the risk two fratty white boys can take.

Cheers to some good tv!
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
11-13-2012, 12:23 PM
REALITY TV AIN'T REAL !!:usflag:

DLONGLANDSCAPING
11-13-2012, 02:49 PM
That's why Americans love it! Because most people think its real! Besides sports, tv is a warped, staged, and dialogued.
Posted via Mobile Device

bobcat_ron
11-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Oh hell, now I see American Digger re-runs back on Spike. God help us all BOOM BABY!!!
Posted via Mobile Device