PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Blo-Vac vs Billy Goat

4 seasons lawn&land
11-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Long shot, does anyone have both?? Im wondering if the hurricane has more or less blowing power than the 18 hp billy goat. The hydro self propel and weight must eat up some power. I have the 18 billy goat and use it alot. I bought it just before they came out with self propelled. I want to get another one next year plus a leaf loader which will be over 6k. Hurricane is going for 8 1/2.

4 seasons lawn&land
11-09-2012, 10:50 PM
anyone see this new hurricane style blower by brown products?

http://brownproducts.com/Products/Blower-Vac.htm

TruSomethingOrOther
11-10-2012, 12:40 AM
Went to GIE this year and saw both, the Brown model and the Hurricane model. The way the reps for Hurricane handled our conversation totally killed any purchase I make. Talked with my local Brown dealer and am demoing the Brown unit tomorrow. Brown is actually coming out with more attachments for their unit so it can be used year round.

herler
11-10-2012, 01:47 AM
No thanks, I'll stick to my thousand dollar 10-12hp push units, yours might get twice the work done but I'll just stick that 5 thousand dollar difference in my pocket to pay for all the extra hours I will be working, which I hear say is a good thing to have plenty of.

Oh yeah, they always clear out good when it's dry leaves on flat ground and freshly cut grass!

4 seasons lawn&land
11-10-2012, 08:42 AM
**** me. We get it already. 8k leaf blowers are not for most people.

Tru, I wanna' talk to you after you demo the Brown today

THEGOLDPRO
11-10-2012, 08:57 AM
No thanks, I'll stick to my thousand dollar 10-12hp push units, yours might get twice the work done but I'll just stick that 5 thousand dollar difference in my pocket to pay for all the extra hours I will be working, which I hear say is a good thing to have plenty of.

Oh yeah, they always clear out good when it's dry leaves on flat ground and freshly cut grass!
lol you have alot to learn.

willretire@40
11-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Brown also has a nice plow to go on the front of that blower. It seems like a better product then the hurricane. I also saw it at the GIE show and talked to the owner. He told me about the new attachments coming. Seems like the blower to buy.

4 seasons lawn&land
11-10-2012, 05:01 PM
The listed numbers are not as good as the hurricane but who knows if they actually mean anything. Its not like theres any government standardised measurements of cfm.

herler
11-10-2012, 05:51 PM
lol you have alot to learn.

No, it's the folks who keep spending more and more who apparently fail to see the light.

I spent many years with my head in those same clouds chasing a silver lining that doesn't exist, but I thought it had to, I thought the darker the cloud the better the chance it contained great amounts of silver, and boy did I ever invest a lot of time and effort in a chase that resembles going after the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

But you know what, when you finally get there...
First the rainbow keeps moving away so I'd double up my effort time and again, you will see.
But when I'd finally get as close to the end as I could possibly get.
Either someone else has already been there, or there is nothing there.

And the clouds, no matter how dark their color, contain no silver in their lining.

It's the same in all of life, you think you are better off because your stuff gets more done.

But you can work as hard as you want and have the best equipment in the world ...
And you'd think you spend more to make more ...
But at the end of the month, it's the same money.

Which means the grass isn't greener on the other side.
There is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
And there is no silver in the clouds.

That took me many years to figure out.

herler
11-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Now I'll tell you something else...

18 horses doesn't do twice the work of 10 horses, not even close.
It doesn't even do 80 percent more work.

That's because you need THREE times the HP to put out DOUBLE the work.
A blower would have to sport a 30hp engine to put out double the load a 10hp blower delivers.
At 18 horses you're probably getting about 40% or so more done.

Minus the power that machine spends on hydraulics, doing work that would likely do the operator's muscles some good.
A fat Lco ain't getting much of anything done either, a fatso's fastest waddle is hardly the speed of my trot because
the lard gets in the way more than the hydros can move.

Ain't worth 6 thousand dollars, folks.

THEGOLDPRO
11-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Now I'll tell you something else...

18 horses doesn't do twice the work of 10 horses, not even close.
It doesn't even do 80 percent more work.

That's because you need THREE times the HP to put out DOUBLE the work.
A blower would have to sport a 30hp engine to put out double the load a 10hp blower delivers.
At 18 horses you're probably getting about 40% or so more done.

Minus the power that machine spends on hydraulics, doing work that would likely do the operator's muscles some good.
A fat Lco ain't getting much of anything done either, a fatso's fastest waddle is hardly the speed of my trot because
the lard gets in the way more than the hydros can move.

Ain't worth 6 thousand dollars, folks.

lol you STILL have ALOT to learn little buddy, Why don't you put one of your cute little $1000 dollar units side by side a hurricane and take a look at the size difference of the blower housing its self, The hurricane's blower is 1/3 bigger if not LARGER then the small blowers, So althoe it might only have 8 more hp it pushes twice the air from the bigger housing/fan.

But whatever, what do i know right???

GMLC
11-10-2012, 06:43 PM
lol you STILL have ALOT to learn little buddy, Why don't you put one of your cute little $1000 dollar units side by side a hurricane and take a look at the size difference of the blower housing its self, The hurricane's blower is 1/3 bigger if not LARGER then the small blowers, So althoe it might only have 8 more hp it pushes twice the air from the bigger housing/fan.

But whatever, what do i know right???

Guess he has never had to clean up wet leaves a foot deep on an acre plus. I had one clean up today where I removed 10 yards of leaves with my $4000 leaf loader and box. Half days work $500 and booked for the rest of the month.
Posted via Mobile Device

4 seasons lawn&land
11-10-2012, 06:58 PM
LOL On a whim I went to the best customer ever thread to see if this guy was the same one on and on about hating women.... guess what!

THEGOLDPRO
11-10-2012, 07:01 PM
He's a joke.

Darryl G
11-10-2012, 07:17 PM

Their demo video is pretty sad. I'd think they could have gotten a more experienced operator than that. Big ride-on blower and I could have moved the leaves he did in half the time with a backpack blower. I'm not saying it's a bad unit, but watching that video sure didn't impress me regarding it's productivity.

GMLC
11-10-2012, 07:17 PM
What was his other user name with like 30000 sarcastic posts?
Posted via Mobile Device

RodneyK
11-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Just bought a Hurricane X3. It is a beast! Love that you can blow left, right or forward. Yes, it was a bunch of cash. Wish it had attachments. Hard to tell from crappy Brown demo video but from the looks of the video and the specs I would say the X3 has more blowing power.

Puddle of Oil
11-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Here's a better video of the Brown blower. Skip till the last 30 seconds, he's blowing a bigger pile but not huge https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70U7tUQIM3M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

4 seasons lawn&land
11-10-2012, 08:56 PM
ya I was going to post that same video.
The hurricane curb video is pretty sad too. I hope that is half throttle!

Rodney, can you compare that thing to any of the larger push blowers?

nepatsfan
11-10-2012, 09:03 PM
I have the 314 hurricane. It is a beast and it is a hundred times better than a walk behind blower. It also saves operator fatigue because it's a ride on. There is no way a guy could walk back and forth as fast as they could ride on a machine. If you are a one man show and you only have a certain number of cleanups to do and you will get it done either way than maybe its not for you. For me, more productive machines mean more work and less labor. Therefore, spending the money on better equipment directly translates to more money in my pocket. I think if you talk to anyone that owns one or has run one they will tell you the same thing. I have never seen a bad review of the hurricane but they are still fairly new. It's kind of like using a stander vs. a push mower. They are both gonna get the job done but the stander is far more efficient and a lot more expensive.

4 seasons lawn&land
11-10-2012, 09:09 PM
but what size blower have you run? Im questioning whether the big Hurricane is even as powerfull as my 18 hp BG

nepatsfan
11-10-2012, 09:32 PM
14 hp little wonders aren't close. We had an 11hp billy goat that wasn't close. I highly doubt the 18 hp is close. The reason why is the impelller. The paddles on the hurricane vs. on the little walk behind blower aren't close. Take a small piece of paper and wave it back and forth really fast and see how much wind it creates. Pick something larger like a magazine or place mat or something and wave that. Without nearly the effort you are creating a lot more air from the larger piece. The horsepower doesn't need to be as great because it really doesn't have to go around as fast to create a lot more air. I would demo one if you are seriously considering it but I would bet that the hurricane moves a lot more air.

RodneyK
11-10-2012, 09:44 PM
I would say it is about three times more powerful than my little wonder which I think has a 9hp Honda. By powerful I mean volume of air movement.

That other Brown video is better but I still think the Hurricane would move more leaves.

As far as the X3 vs. an 18hp BG I think the edge would go to the Hurricane. I wouldn't switch for power, I don't think the extra power would be worth the large expense.

No doubt easier to ride but only you can decide what value that has.

Two main reasons I bought the X3. Conserve energy when out working. I will and do spend money to save energy/time so not so tired end of day, next day, etc.

Second reason is front blowing so when mowing I can blow off long paths, etc. this to me puts the blower on the trailer on HOA and commercial mowing days, not just using it in fall. I also have street blowing to do which riding is ideal for.

Lastly, I wanted to invest in biz instead of sending money to Uncle Sam. I guess that is more than two!

RodneyK
11-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Good points, the paddles are huge on the Hurricane.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hurricane-X3-25-HP-Stand-On-Hydro-Blower-6500-CFM-WOW-NEW-/251160759240?pt=Leaf_Blowers&hash=item3a7a590bc8

Listing says they can set up a demo in their area. In Buffalo maybe close to you...

4 seasons lawn&land
11-10-2012, 10:26 PM
I am downstate, Albany. I have a dealer fairly close in CT about 1/2 hr from me. I am nearly sold on it. Its the extra 1500 for the truck loading equipment that urks me. That brings it to 10k and it certainly isnt the engineering, or size/power equivalent to a 10k zero turn but then a zero turn wont blow leaves.

THEGOLDPRO
11-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Only poor people who cant afford hurricane blowers talk crap about them. Thats a fact.

willretire@40
11-10-2012, 11:52 PM
Only poor people who cant afford hurricane blowers talk crap about them. Thats a fact.

I agree.
Only people without money say that money isnt everything.
Posted via Mobile Device

orangemower
11-11-2012, 10:17 AM
He's a joke. That's Topsites for ya.

What was his other user name with like 30000 sarcastic posts?

See above. :)

orangemower
11-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Only poor people who cant afford hurricane blowers talk crap about them. Thats a fact. Ummm, that's NOT a fact. I'm a poor bastard and I'm drooling over it. :D

I agree.
Only people without money say that money isnt everything.
Posted via Mobile Device

Are you kidding? Like I said, I'm a poor bastard and money is everything to me. If I had lots of it, I wouldn't have to work. If I didn't have to work, I wouldn't be on here reading dumb posts from Topsites. :hammerhead:

To be honest, I think he's living in lala land with all the "silver in the clouds" and "pot of gold at the end of the rainbow" crap.

JCLawn and more
11-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Why blow then instead of vac them or push them?
Posted via Mobile Device

nepatsfan
11-11-2012, 11:06 AM
I will take a real video of it on tomorrow if you want.

Puddle of Oil
11-11-2012, 04:26 PM
please do nepatsfan!

sven1277
11-11-2012, 07:15 PM
What other attachments is Brown considering? I thought Hurricane was considering attachments too? That's what I've been waiting for. Year round usability.

willretire@40
11-11-2012, 10:16 PM
What other attachments is Brown considering? I thought Hurricane was considering attachments too? That's what I've been waiting for. Year round usability.

At the show he had a leaf plow on the front and an aerator kit. Said a vac bag is coming that will be on the back of the machine like a walker.

Darryl G
11-11-2012, 10:59 PM
A ride-on blower with a leaf plow on it...that would be a great.

I still can't get over how lame their demo video is though. It looks like that operator had never run the unit before in his life and as a result his productivity was terrible. A 10 year old kid with a rake could move more leaves than he did!!!!

willretire@40
11-11-2012, 11:34 PM
That is Mr Brown i think. They had a small booth at the GIE inside and a small demo area that was off by it self that most people proably missed.
Posted via Mobile Device

willretire@40
11-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Also the leaf plow and aerator was lifted up and down by a flip of a switch.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chris Feenan
11-12-2012, 10:09 AM
I doubt that many guys have properties large enough to need that kind of blowing power.

I would consider it just because it can be converted to a portable debris loader. No more problems figuring out how to mount your loader so that you can dump easily. And you can bring your leaf loader capacity away from the curb 37 feet ! Or, to the backyard.

kawasaki guy
11-12-2012, 02:13 PM
I would get the hurricane because it is a stand on.

TruSomethingOrOther
11-12-2012, 05:43 PM
I would get the hurricane because it is a stand on.

Both units, the Hurricane and the Brown, are stand on.
Posted via Mobile Device

THEGOLDPRO
11-12-2012, 07:08 PM
The hurricane and the brown are basically the same exact machine, Brown ripped off hurricanes design.

4 seasons lawn&land
11-12-2012, 08:21 PM
pics of the brown look larger

kawasaki guy
11-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Both units, the Hurricane and the Brown, are stand on.
Posted via Mobile Device

I never knew that.

THEGOLDPRO
11-12-2012, 09:06 PM
They are virtually identical. Also If i remember correctly Hurricane is currently going after Brown legally for patent infringement.

Brown
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l555/thegoldpro/brown-1.jpg

Hurricane
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l555/thegoldpro/hurricane.png

nepatsfan
11-12-2012, 11:41 PM
They are virtually identical. Also If i remember correctly Hurricane is currently going after Brown legally for patent infringement.

Brown
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l555/thegoldpro/brown-1.jpg

Hurricane
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l555/thegoldpro/hurricane.png

Not sure how they can do that when one has red paint and the other is more of a maroon

orangemower
11-13-2012, 09:15 AM
Not sure how they can do that when one has red paint and the other is more of a maroon

Also it looks to me like there's more then 25% difference in design. Good luck trying to win that. They are different. Once a product is made, others will try their best to make one better.

Is it me or does the Brown blower have torsion springs on the front forks? If that's the case, big thumbs up for Mr. Brown for considering them.

Marek
11-13-2012, 10:51 AM
If you could make it a year round machine they would sell alot more of them. What other options is Hurricane going to offer ? Its not that much different than the Toro aerator

nepatsfan
11-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Also it looks to me like there's more then 25% difference in design. Good luck trying to win that. They are different. Once a product is made, others will try their best to make one better.

Is it me or does the Brown blower have torsion springs on the front forks? If that's the case, big thumbs up for Mr. Brown for considering them.

i was kidding.....they look pretty darn similar to me

Marek
11-13-2012, 11:32 AM
I have told Wright Stander company about making a year round use machine several times before but they never thought it would be a big seller. Mower in the summer , blower in the fall , plow in the winter and even an areator for spring and fall.

4 seasons lawn&land
11-13-2012, 05:53 PM
I emaild brown for pricing and dealer info and they never did get back to me. Guess the Hurricane wins.

dave_14385
11-17-2012, 11:36 PM

I agree .. sure looks like the Brown has rubber torsion springs on the front.
I would like to see a $ on this.
And what a wast of a video on the Brown. But, Looks well built!
I like it.

TruSomethingOrOther
11-18-2012, 12:41 AM
I emaild brown for pricing and dealer info and they never did get back to me. Guess the Hurricane wins.

Good luck with your purchase. Let me know how it blows. As far as emailing a company, I never have luck anymore getting a reply. Few and far between anyone will ever respond. And it's usually too late if they do.

dave_14385
11-18-2012, 01:14 AM

Am I wrong ? or is it that the Brown only discharges from the one side?

orangemower
11-18-2012, 08:34 AM
Am I wrong ? or is it that the Brown only discharges from the one side?

They both discharge from one side. Discharge is based off of the direction the impeller is spinning.

Chris Feenan
11-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Yeah but one of them claims "discharges left, right and forward" . I was wondering what they mean by that. It doesn't look like you have the ability to route the air in different directions with this stock setup, right?

orangemower
11-18-2012, 10:30 AM
I remember reading about the multi direction now that you mention it. It's possible that it uses a attachment to direct the air.

orangemower
11-18-2012, 10:39 AM
I agree .. sure looks like the Brown has rubber torsion springs on the front.
I would like to see a $ on this.
And what a wast of a video on the Brown. But, Looks well built!
I like it.

I wouldn't go as far to say a waste. Maybe a poor representation? It does show some of it's ability. I'd like to see all the attachments they have for it.

One thing I like about the Brown is the fact that they went with a larger tire on the back. This will help prevent rutting in the spring and fall months. Also, the fact that it can be used as a leaf loader and blower by simply breaking out the hoses. :) It sure would make things a bit easier for me. When I look at it, all I see are, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
everywhere. To rich for my blood. :walking:

mowerbrad
11-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Yeah but one of them claims "discharges left, right and forward" . I was wondering what they mean by that. It doesn't look like you have the ability to route the air in different directions with this stock setup, right?

Hurricane has a new model out that can blow left, right and forward...its called the Hurricane X3. I haven't heard much about it, nor do I know how well it performs, but judging by my experience with the original Hurricane I can only imagine that it is a very good machine.

Video isn't the greatest by any means, but it at least shows the X3 a bit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnndl8MAXQ

RodneyK
11-18-2012, 01:37 PM
I have the X3 and yes it blows three different directions. It can blow also front and to the right or front and to the left, etc. Obviously it has less power when two chutes are even partly opened. Blowing out the front means you can drive forward down a sidewalk or path and blow off grass, etc. That works pretty well as long as the grass hasn't been tracked over and pasted to the walk. Of course in that case it is hard to get it off period.

Blowing three ways is nice so you don't have to blow backward but if I even had a thought that I might need a leaf loader I would get the Hurricane or Brown model that can be used as that also. I do not think the X3 can be used as a loader.

I have now used the X3 for more than a few minutes. It is a pretty awesome machine. It is very powerful. Likes are power and easy to drive. Dislikes are that it is pretty loud and that you can not tell how open a chute is when on tne blower. It would be nice to have a way to tell if any of the three chutes are 1/2 open, 1/4 open, etc. Would help in knowing when you go to blow a curb that 50% open works best.

I think in certain cases it would be a huge time saver and a great addition but it is a pretty specific tool that may be hard to justify the cost for.

THEGOLDPRO
11-18-2012, 09:05 PM
You can see all 3 chutes.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Hurricane-X3-25-HP-Stand-On-Hydro-Blower-6500-CFM-WOW-NEW-/00/s/MTA3M1g2OTk=/$(KGrHqRHJCwFBoew615DBQ,jKjge7Q~~60_57.JPG
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Hurricane-X3-25-HP-Stand-On-Hydro-Blower-6500-CFM-WOW-NEW-/00/s/NjI5WDEwNzc=/$(KGrHqRHJC4F!l+tZtD0BQ,jKwsFhQ~~60_57.JPG

4 seasons lawn&land
11-18-2012, 09:43 PM
im pretty sure the X3 does vac also

THEGOLDPRO
11-18-2012, 10:14 PM
It doesn't vac.

coolluv
11-19-2012, 07:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=70U7tUQIM3M&NR=1

Dave...

Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries
11-19-2012, 10:27 AM
It all depends on the customers needs and what they've got to spend. CFM the Hurricane wins, MPH the Billy Goat wins. Cost, the Billy Goat wins, ride on ability the Hurricane wins. Wet debris, MPH is more important. Dry debris, CFM is more important. Each product has it's pros and cons.

The one that has really begun to do well for us is the Z-Force http://www.billygoat.com/Product-Categories/Detail/fz-for-your-ztr. While you can't ride it you let your mower push it and you can mow and blow at the same time and have 360 rotation control of your discharge from the seat of your ZTR (any ZTR). You'll save more than a couple $K versus the Brown and Hurricane. Demo all of them to bypass all of the salesman hype and claims for the product that best fits YOUR needs before you drop your money.

nepatsfan
11-19-2012, 02:53 PM
It all depends on the customers needs and what they've got to spend. CFM the Hurricane wins, MPH the Billy Goat wins. Cost, the Billy Goat wins, ride on ability the Hurricane wins. Wet debris, MPH is more important. Dry debris, CFM is more important. Each product has it's pros and cons.

The one that has really begun to do well for us is the Z-Force http://www.billygoat.com/Product-Categories/Detail/fz-for-your-ztr. While you can't ride it you let your mower push it and you can mow and blow at the same time and have 360 rotation control of your discharge from the seat of your ZTR (any ZTR). You'll save more than a couple $K versus the Brown and Hurricane. Demo all of them to bypass all of the salesman hype and claims for the product that best fits YOUR needs before you drop your money.

whats the m.s.r.p. on the ZTR one?

4 seasons lawn&land
11-19-2012, 05:54 PM
wheres the 18 hp vanguard also? I like the nifty belt driven discharge swivel.

It occurs to me, at 1500 for the hurricane and brown hoses you could have a nice little truck loader or half of a big one for that much and just use a hurricane for the blower aspect. I can see 7-8 k for the blower but i cant get past 1500 for hoses.

THEGOLDPRO
11-19-2012, 10:18 PM
The one that has really begun to do well for us is the Z-Force http://www.billygoat.com/Product-Categories/Detail/fz-for-your-ztr.
That looks horrible, and weak.

Chris Feenan
11-19-2012, 11:53 PM
Four Seasons I have been thinking along the same lines, but cheaper.

I like the idea of a loader that is portable, like the Brown (and Hurricane?)

But those guys are using fan blades to "digest" the leaf debris. Wouldn't the serrated blades in some loaders be better, or is that a gimmick? How well would these blowers really function as a loader ?

Shouldn't the loaders be able to function as a blower if you use flexible hose on it instead of using a solid discharge pipe.

So, pay $4000 for a nice big loader, and mount it on something (old mower? ) to make it portable. Flexible hoses on intake and discharge. Now its a proper loader (not a modified blower) and it should be a very powerful blower too.

A little barnyard engineering and you could have a very diverse tool. And save 5K too...

dave_14385
11-20-2012, 04:23 AM

I have the Billy Goat Force 13HP SP and love it. But at my age of 53 I would like to sit on some large jobs for more productivity. So what is the difference in power? FORCE 13HPSP or Z- FORCE. Will my discharge 1 inch large on my FORCE 13 HP get more CFM than the Z- FORCE 13 hp with that 1 inch smaller one? Thank you.

11-20-2012, 10:14 AM
That looks horrible, and weak.

That's incredibly rude. Have you actually tried it? Seriously, if you've got nothing nice to say and are ignorant to it's actual performance and characteristics keep your opinion to yourself. Taking pot shots a sponsors when you have no experience in what you're crowing about shows no class on your part.

11-20-2012, 10:25 AM
I have the Billy Goat Force 13HP SP and love it. But at my age of 53 I would like to sit on some large jobs for more productivity. So what is the difference in power? FORCE 13HPSP or Z- FORCE. Will my discharge 1 inch large on my FORCE 13 HP get more CFM than the Z- FORCE 13 hp with that 1 inch smaller one? Thank you.

With the F-Z you'll get less CFM but more MPH than with the F13. It all comes down to the housing and discharge size. We couldn't use the HDPE housing with the Z-Force because of being propelled by a ZTR. If the end user smashed the housing at high speed into a low hanging limb or something similar and caused the housing and impeller to fail while operational the ZTR operator could be injured by the resulting failure. In short we gave up some performance for safety. Get a demo of the F-Z to see what you think for yourself if interested.

11-20-2012, 10:28 AM
whats the m.s.r.p. on the ZTR one?

$2,675 is the list price but this does not include the JRCO mount for your specific ZTR. That runs $100 to $150 depending on your ZTR.

11-20-2012, 10:36 AM
wheres the 18 hp vanguard also? I like the nifty belt driven discharge swivel.

We're focusing on the 13hp at this point as market research has indicated that's where the sweet spot is. Once the product gets on it's feet then we'll invest more into other hp offerings and other applications The 18hp is the next one in line though.

4 seasons lawn&land
11-20-2012, 05:43 PM
Ya I have the 18 horse leg propelled model. Power is like drugs. You cant use less. You just get used to it and need more. I wont be satisfied until sod starts peeling up lol

THEGOLDPRO
11-20-2012, 06:49 PM
That's incredibly rude. Have you actually tried it? Seriously, if you've got nothing nice to say and are ignorant to it's actual performance and characteristics keep your opinion to yourself. Taking pot shots a sponsors when you have no experience in what you're crowing about shows no class on your part.

Might be rude but i'm entitled to my own opinion. Also if you don't want people to post "not nice" things about your product then don't post it for all to see on a public forum.

I'm not going to sugar coat things for you or anyone else for that matter. If i think it sucks i will say so.

dave_14385
11-20-2012, 07:47 PM
We're focusing on the 13hp at this point as market research has indicated that's where the sweet spot is. Once the product gets on it's feet then we'll invest more into other hp offerings and other applications The 18hp is the next one in line though.

Now regarding the walk behinds, I understand the shoot is 1 inch larger on the 18 hp Briggs verses the 13 hp Honda as well. So in your professional opinion do you think the 18hp has a much more cfm & psi then the 13 hp Honda ? Thank You in advance.

Lazer_Z
11-21-2012, 10:58 AM
Might be rude but i'm entitled to my own opinion. Also if you don't want people to post "not nice" things about your product then don't post it for all to see on a public forum.

I'm not going to sugar coat things for you or anyone else for that matter. If i think it sucks i will say so.But what are you basing that statement on? Have you had a chance to do demo one for an extended amount of time or are you just going off of how it looks in pictures on the internet or in the video?

I could say that the Hurricane is overpriced and the larger model is just a glorified stander with a blower mounted on it. Is that a fair assessment on my part? no, because I've never used one.

There is a machine for everyone and I'm sure the F-Z will do well for Billy Goat and someone, hopefully on this Forum will purchase one and do an honest and in depth review of the unit.

Blizzard1
11-21-2012, 10:55 PM
Got to play around on the brown stander today at a dealer. That thing moves a lot of air. Not many leaves to test it on but it would move some huge piles imo. Louder than hell too lol. Would love to have it but a little pricy

THEGOLDPRO
11-22-2012, 09:32 AM
But what are you basing that statement on? Have you had a chance to do demo one for an extended amount of time or are you just going off of how it looks in pictures on the internet or in the video?

I could say that the Hurricane is overpriced and the larger model is just a glorified stander with a blower mounted on it. Is that a fair assessment on my part? no, because I've never used one.

There is a machine for everyone and I'm sure the F-Z will do well for Billy Goat and someone, hopefully on this Forum will purchase one and do an honest and in depth review of the unit.

You can just watch the video and see that its weak and doesn't blow that much air. I dont need to demo one to see that.

Also "Overpriced" is subjective, It might be for priced for you but not for me.

JCLawn and more
11-22-2012, 09:49 AM
I think you guys need to upgrade :drinkup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO3ymqfPrxA

Chris Feenan
11-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Superpower blowers are of VERY limited use on 99% of the fall leaf cleanups that I do.

Here is another (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=5gYUsT8oTeY&NR=1) On golf courses, municipal parks, or estates with large open grounds and even larger wooded areas that you can blow the leaves into, sure.

One of the videos shows a guy blowing leaves off a large commercial parking lot. Where to ? The store next door? You still gotta pick 'em up, and blowing them a mile away doesn't help, IMO.

For most of us, we can't blow the leaves off the customers property and on to their neighbors. We need pinpoint and powerful blower capacity to get them out of the beds and away from the house. Once they are away from the house, you could use a superpower blower I guess, but not for 10K

4 seasons lawn&land
11-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Those blowers are nice. If you could put one of those on tractors less than half that size it would be usefull to me. A 40 horse tractor for a leaf blower wont work for me. I wish I still had a few cleanups left to demo a hurricane on. Still not sure because blowing large piles doesnt make alot of sense to me. Once I get a good ridge built up nothing is as fast as plowing them so whats the fastest way to get them broke loose from the ground? Seems like MPH would be most important but then my redmax back pack is 200 mph same as the billy goat and that thing is a total waste of time compared to the BG.

JCLawn and more
11-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Those blowers are nice. If you could put one of those on tractors less than half that size it would be usefull to me. A 40 horse tractor for a leaf blower wont work for me. I wish I still had a few cleanups left to demo a hurricane on. Still not sure because blowing large piles doesnt make alot of sense to me. Once I get a good ridge built up nothing is as fast as plowing them so whats the fastest way to get them broke loose from the ground? Seems like MPH would be most important but then my redmax back pack is 200 mph same as the billy goat and that thing is a total waste of time compared to the BG.

They make them for smaller tractors.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chris Feenan
11-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Drew Coates said Wet debris, MPH is more important. Dry debris, CFM is more important.

Both your backpack and your billy goat are 200 mph but the 18 hp walk behind is probably 5 or 6 times the Cubic Feet per Minute. So it will move a lot more debris/bigger piles, which you are seeing.

The Hurricane and Brown claim around 6-7000 CFM I guess. That may be twice as much CFM as the Billy Goat walk behind. Hard to say because they seem to be avoiding a specific number of CFM with these high volume machines.

4 seasons lawn&land
11-22-2012, 05:57 PM
i suspect a little under half the hurricane cfm. but like I said before, who knows how they measure it. there is no governing body for cfm's with a standardized measurement.

dave_14385
11-22-2012, 07:54 PM
I think you guys need to upgrade :drinkup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO3ymqfPrxA

Ya... Now that there is a real blower!

11-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Might be rude but i'm entitled to my own opinion. I'm not going to sugar coat things for you or anyone else for that matter. If i think it sucks i will say so.

Yes you are entitled to you opinion but that doesn't mean you always need to voice them. However, if your as tough in real life as you act online I sure hope you live by your rules when you deal with you wife or customers. :laugh: You'll have neither in short order!

JCLawn and more
11-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Yes you are entitled to you opinion but that doesn't mean you always need to voice them. However, if your as tough in real life as you act online I sure hope you live by your rules when you deal with you wife or customers. :laugh: You'll have neither in short order!

This made me laugh. I think I can guess the gender of this person based on how personal this was taken. Your talking to one of guys on here that owns one of the better run company's on this site. Dosent mean you have to like him or take cheap shots. Besides being colorful the blower mount looks homemade and the blower way to small to keep up with the amount of cfm's these other 2 blowers offer. You get what you pay for. Also the fact that its 200 mph means your restricting the air flow a lot and missing out on additional cfm's to carry the leaves and that spout is wayyyyyyy to small, only 4 inches. Yes it would get the leaves up but not push a 4ft high pile of leaves 5 or 6 ft.
Posted via Mobile Device

NJDLLC
11-26-2012, 05:41 PM

I would be careful. Misguided as I think his original post was, you are still representing the company. Read the Bad Boy thread if you want an example of how this kind of back and forth can go wrong very quickly....

JCLawn and more
11-26-2012, 05:58 PM
I would be careful. Misguided as I think his original post was, you are still representing the company. Read the Bad Boy thread if you want an example of how this kind of back and forth can go wrong very quickly....

Agreed. We don't list our company names for a reason, you work for and are the image of a company.
Posted via Mobile Device

THEGOLDPRO
11-26-2012, 11:11 PM

lol...............

dave_14385
11-26-2012, 11:48 PM

Yes, I agree.

orangemower
11-27-2012, 08:19 AM

I'm not going to sugar coat things for you or anyone else for that matter. If i think it sucks i will say so.

In this case it blows. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

LeafPro
11-12-2014, 11:07 AM

Hurricane's legal action was not due to the paint color. Brown looks identical to the Hurricane because it practically is. Hurricane has a patented design, that Brown infringed on. Hurricane won that fight, by the way. Hurricane has a truck loading package, that lets the user suck the leafs up and onto a trailer to haul away. They also have a Walker attachment that goes on a riding commercial mower, that disburses the lawn clippings while you cut, that doesn't get advertised very much.