PDA

View Full Version : Big Dog X series mowers

Axlerod2
11-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Anybody got any good or bad info on the larger Big Dog Mowers? Run across a good deal in one but I'm leaning to getting a Dixie Chopper. I'd like to hear from people who have actually used a Big Dog mower.:usflag:

KV9064
11-13-2012, 03:39 PM
its a Hustler painted RED

Realslowww
11-13-2012, 03:55 PM
It uses the pre XR7 deck,it is basically a Xone on the larger ones and does come in a 72. The report I am hearing is that unless you need 15 MPH most like them better than the new Super Z.

Depends on what you get a good deal on, if a Dixie is a better deal then yaa but those mowers are a relic in the design department but they are still good.

clydebusa
11-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Tested one 2 years ago. It was a 72 and seemed good. So that is based on 8 hours of seat time.

goodgreen
11-16-2012, 10:30 PM
You should at least give Big Dog a test run! I've used the C series on about 30 clients for two seasons now and have been extremely pleased. My only problem I can recall is having to replace the ignition switch. I've always used ExMarks but this was far less expensive and cuts as well or better in my opinion... Just my two cents.

Axlerod2
11-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Well i guess I solved the problem if which mower to buy. I bought a Dixie Chopper and my buddy went and got the x series Big Dog I was looking at. I really like the looks of the Big Dog. It is clean and simple looking just like the Hustlers. Has low center of gravity and Kawasaki engine.
Hope we can give some good feedback when we get some grass to cut this spring.:usflag:

goodgreen
04-22-2013, 09:50 AM
Done any cutting yet with the Big Dog? Still waiting for grass to grow in Michigan....