PDA

View Full Version : bought a 16hp Billy Goat leaf loader from auction

joshua74133
11-13-2012, 07:12 PM
got the thing for 130 bucks because they said the engine was blown lol cleaned the carb flushed the oil first pull stars up and runs great only one problem, no hose... anyone know where i can buy a new hose set up??? i have the part that the hose hooks to but im missing the hose and the wand

TriCountyLawn
11-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Wow good score, thats the deal I need to come upon.

iluvpizza
11-13-2012, 07:32 PM
http://www.billygoat.com/Dealer-Locator

Great buy! It'll save you time and make you money.

Ethanslawn
11-13-2012, 08:11 PM
a Rubber products company would be best but or call a discount industrial suppply company they might be able to point you in the right direction.

joshua74133
11-13-2012, 08:55 PM
today i tried to use landscape hose, it worked but clogged in the middle because of the ridges in the hose if i went the solid 8" rubber hose rout do you guys think it would stop the clogging problem

Ethanslawn
11-13-2012, 09:15 PM
the stiffer the better i have the cloth intake and its like a big slinky and constantly have to pull it to unclog it but for a first year run it will do. and is it 8" intake or discharge?

joshua74133
11-13-2012, 09:48 PM
8" intake i believe that black landscape tube is real stiff but it's clogged all the time then i have to beat the hell out of the pipe to fix the clog

Darryl G
11-13-2012, 10:12 PM
8" intake i believe that black landscape tube is real stiff but it's clogged all the time then i have to beat the hell out of the pipe to fix the clog

That's normal, lol. It has a lot to do with how you have the hose routed too. If you're running it for example on the front of a trailer and picking up at the curb, you're putting a 90 degree bend in it. Try to feed with the straightest shot to the loader possible. I usually lay the hose on the ground and feed it with a rake rather than holding the hose. Usually a wiggly-jiggly shake and slam to the ground will clear the hose when it does clog. But I have the factory hose on my unit.

Snyderserv5060
11-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Ive had good success with this company and their leaf hose... http://www.wynnenv.com/Lawn_and_Leaf_Collection_Hose.htm

I bought a few lengths back when I was running my Lesco leaf loader. If I decide to buy more hose for my larger giant vac unit this season I will be going back to them.