PDA

View Full Version : Are the new LL boxes Finally Better...

PlantscapeSolutions
11-14-2012, 02:06 AM
Survey says...no they even worse now. The old LL boxes had three boxes inside with that annoying jigsaw puzzle cardboard inside. Now you get only one box with two LL's inside and the annoying jigsaw cardboard between them but no box for each LL anymore.

If they get any cheaper with the LL boxes they'll have to just dump them in the hull of the ship in China and make us dig our own product out.

Some of my other less important boxes were better.

greenbaylawns
11-14-2012, 09:32 AM
Buy 6 and it comes with the box again. I ditch all the Individual boxes when I get them and use only the big box. Waste of time

David Gretzmier
11-15-2012, 03:06 AM
we use the double wall 275 pound 12x12x48 boxes from uline and they work great. less than 5 bucks each shipped. the cheaper 200 pound single wall gets crushed too easy.

PlantscapeSolutions
11-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Buy 6 and it comes with the box again. I ditch all the Individual boxes when I get them and use only the big box. Waste of time

The bigger box is half as thick as last years. It's a one use box.

PlantscapeSolutions
11-15-2012, 11:15 AM
we use the double wall 275 pound 12x12x48 boxes from uline and they work great. less than 5 bucks each shipped. the cheaper 200 pound single wall gets crushed too easy.

I recall you mentioning this before. Thanks for providing the exact specs.

David Gretzmier
11-15-2012, 11:59 PM
I think Hdy Sells an 8 or 9 buck box that is a 12x16x48 that is a full overlay and wax coated 275 pound double wall. I can't afford them, but man they are a nice box. a permanant box would be a 350 pound triple wall full overlay version,completely covered in 4 mill clear shipping tape for total dew/rain protection. I got a quote on those a few years back, seems like it was 13 bucks a box and you had to buy 1000. I like the 5 buck box. I buy a pallet at a time, and it sets me back aout 550 with shipping for 90 or 100 I think. cov eres a year of new customers and broken boxes from last year.

PlantscapeSolutions
11-23-2012, 11:52 PM
I was emailing Mike on another topic and threw in some lighthearted sarcastic praise for Holidynamics use of amazing eco-friendly biodegradeable LL's boxes this year. I told him I actually got to see a couple biodegrade in record time while on a job site the other day.