PDA

View Full Version : gutter service?

nismodude1988
11-15-2012, 09:52 AM
If i wanted to do maybe a few gutter cleaning on a few clients house like 4 or 5 do u recomend a vacuum and a long j tub or climp up and scape by hand
Posted via Mobile Device

mtdenyer
11-15-2012, 01:43 PM
Take a hand trowel on the end of a stick and scrape the wet and clump stuff out. Blow the remainder out with a blower and take up the mess. Quickest easiest and safest way. The vac would take a while and it's easy to get tripped up on.

nismodude1988
11-15-2012, 03:46 PM
Do they make an attachment for the blower or do i gotta be ob the roof
Posted via Mobile Device

jsslawncare
11-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Here's what I do. Single story ONLY. 8' step ladder, I clean them out by hand and as I move the ladder I drag behind it a 8'x8' trap, throwing the leaves on it as I work. I dont have to clean the gutter up or the lawn or anything else. I prefer not using the blower.

nismodude1988
11-15-2012, 05:45 PM
Oh okay what if its a 2 story then?
Posted via Mobile Device

jsslawncare
11-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Oh okay what if its a 2 story then?
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm a part time UPS employee that has GREAT insurance. I get 98% of my income from my business, so for me it's not worth the risk for the $50-60 dollars. I dont want to take a chance on a fall. Single story only.

nismodude1988
11-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Ok thats what im going to do i dont have health insurance and cant risk it either
Posted via Mobile Device

Geo2199
11-26-2012, 08:34 PM
I have an tool you can buy that attaches to any power drill. It has spinning brush attachments, bucket scoop for large heavy debris and a water sprayer that you can attach a hose to rinse it all out with. The cool thing is that it has extendable poles that are 4 feet apiece for 2 and 3 story buildings so you don't risk climbing up a latter and falling. I charge $1 a foot for one story and $2 a foot for 2 story or for gutters with large debris (like plants growing out the top).

nismodude1988
11-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Where can i see these tools and possibly buy
Posted via Mobile Device

Geo2199
11-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Vertalok. You have to order it online
Posted via Mobile Device

Will P.C.
11-26-2012, 11:44 PM
I'm a part time UPS employee that has GREAT insurance. I get 98% of my income from my business, so for me it's not worth the risk for the $50-60 dollars. I dont want to take a chance on a fall. Single story only.

I do not blame you one bit. I avoid climbing on ladders (high distances), climbing roofs, and other dangerous stuff. My uncle was hanging Xmas lights and ended paralyzed for 3 months. He still is not right to this day. Not to mention the countless other stories you hear

LHS Lawns
11-29-2012, 07:57 AM
I do not blame you one bit. I avoid climbing on ladders (high distances), climbing roofs, and other dangerous stuff. My uncle was hanging Xmas lights and ended paralyzed for 3 months. He still is not right to this day. Not to mention the countless other stories you hear

I have done some in the past but not anymore, its just too dangerous. Anytime you are near a roof its trouble. I don't mind climbing a ladder when I have to but I try to avoid it if I can.

I do have a ten foot step ladder I use and thats with someone there to have a hand on it should I have to lean out some.

Nothing to do with gutters but talking safety I bought a Stihl Kombi KM 130 R with the adjustable hedge trimmer and an extra extension and a Stihl HT 131 Pole Pruner so I can keep two feet on the ground more often.