PDA

View Full Version : scag v ride

brianslawncare
11-18-2012, 01:26 PM
can anyone give my the ups and downs on a scag v ride? im lookin at a scag v ride its a 2011 52inch 26 kawi with 400hrs for 4700. thanks:dizzy:

stonebridge
11-18-2012, 07:35 PM
great mower i have a 48 and a 52 both run cut and stripes great.
make sure the deck is level, air pressure around 6-8psi, blades sharp
i reversed the cushion pad so your knees/lower thighs rest on it instead of your hips, seemed to help alot on keeping a straight line. took the front weight off and does help with you climbing out of ditches, plus it takes about 50lbs of the weight of the machine. controls are very sensitive, turns are the hardest part, because you tend to come into the end of line to fast. tires tear turf pretty easy on your turns in the beginning. i do kind of a rainbow turns instead of a 3pt turn. figuring your turns out is kinda of personal so try different ways.
great mower i wish i could get a 61''

Blades Lawn Maintenance
11-18-2012, 09:45 PM
Search for DLawns, I think that's his name... But anyway he did a review of a V-Ride a while ago.

Rvldesign
11-19-2012, 09:57 AM
I bought a 36" vride back in feb and it has been great. It held hills very well, cut looked amazing. I'm looking at getting a 52" one next year hopefully
Posted via Mobile Device

Weekend cut easymoney
11-19-2012, 10:10 AM
we like the mower overall a good fit, cutting hills is tricky for the novice, going downhill is not recommended, cut across hills as with most mowers--
love fact that you can step off mower and pickup stuff--
fits into trailer better-

On the repair side--We have had lots of difficulty with the wheel motors, replaced two in first year...they were warranty, but a hassle-
overall we like it a lot and will try another...hopefully have the bugs worked out--