PDA

View Full Version : A quick Thank you...

Currier
08-19-2000, 12:33 AM
Yesterday my echo trimmer started running really weak. It was losing power and by the end of the day it wouldn't even turn the head! The back up was also running poorly..not an ideal situation. Anyway, remembering the great advice on trimmer maintenance and spark arrestor screens I did a 5 minute fix job and the trimmer works as good as new. Just wanted to say THANKS!

Eric ELM
08-19-2000, 01:15 AM
I had to take my own advice and fix one of mine the other day. It was not running as good as it could. The port didn't have that much in it, but enough to slow it down a fuz. Runs great now. :)

gusbuster
08-19-2000, 01:39 AM
There is a brand of sparkplugs that have a special tip to protect against fowlig. My father started using them and so far no problems. Myself, I haven't had a problem with fowling since 98.
john:D

Eric ELM
08-19-2000, 08:36 AM
What we are talking about it carbon build up in the exhaust port. I did a post on this a while back. It can almost completely close off the exhaust port so it won't run right. Just pull off the muffler and clean the port and it will run like new again. I haven't had spark plug fowl up in years.

Runner
08-20-2000, 09:22 PM
Hey I know! Let's start running tuned pipes like they run on the hot rod chainsaws!

bob
08-20-2000, 11:36 PM
I cleaned my exhust port on my 10 year old T-27 last year for the first time. It was pretty clogged. I always remove the spark arresters on new equipment right away. This way you don't have to worry about them later.

cos
08-21-2000, 02:43 AM
Their is a screen in the back of all red maxes, take a pair of needle nose pliers and yank that sucker out. My mechanic said it is legal in our state to remove them but in california and other states you have leave them in. But then again, who is to know. They are suppose to stop a spark from starting forest fires.

rats5656
08-21-2000, 03:27 AM
is the arester in all red max machines blowers and whips.

cos
08-21-2000, 10:57 AM
I m not sure but you cant miss it when you look in the muffler. Its right at the end of the port and not hard to pull out.
Best wishes