PDA

View Full Version : Mack midliner

Junior M
11-20-2012, 09:23 AM
Found an 86 Mack midliner with a 9 speed and Renault motor..

Anybody know anything about these trucks?
Posted via Mobile Device

AWJ Services
11-20-2012, 09:26 AM
Found an 86 Mack midliner with a 9 speed and Renault motor..

Anybody know anything about these trucks?
Posted via Mobile Device

They worry me. I found a few for sale but decided against them. If you are looking for an older truck you cannot beat the Internationals with a DT466. The Fords in those years where pretty good trucks just not much power.

Junior M
11-20-2012, 09:58 AM
That's what I would really like, the price on this Mack really made me take a second look.. Haha.
Posted via Mobile Device

AWJ Services
11-20-2012, 11:09 AM
That's what I would really like, the price on this Mack really made me take a second look.. Haha.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know a tree service that has a Mackmidliner but not sure what diesel is in it and they have had good service out of the truck. The macks are pretty good trucks.

Here is a google search about the engines and it seems that they where liked.

https://www.google.com/search?q=renault+diesel+in+macks&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADFA_en

Junior M
11-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Thanks. I just found it and haven't had time to do any research on it. I been trying to hold off to see what I could get at a state auction coming up.
Posted via Mobile Device

bobcat_ron
11-20-2012, 06:50 PM
My dad has a '92 Midliner with the 9+2 tranny, very well built and extremely reliable. Underpowered, yes, but it's very high on torque and excellent on fuel.
Posted via Mobile Device