PDA

View Full Version : c9 blackout caps?

CNYScapes
11-24-2012, 02:44 PM
Im doing some peaks next week and need to leave out some bulbs when rerouting the cord back up to the next peak. Do you guys use black out caps on your c9's or can you just leave the bulbs out? I dont have time to order plain wire as lady is expecting job done early in the week? HELP? Im new at this!

TexasFire221
11-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Im doing some peaks next week and need to leave out some bulbs when rerouting the cord back up to the next peak. Do you guys use black out caps on your c9's or can you just leave the bulbs out? I dont have time to order plain wire as lady is expecting job done early in the week? HELP? Im new at this!

I have never run socket up a peak that I wasnt planning to light but I wouldnt leave it open at all. That will only cause GFI issues. Ive never used the black out caps but I would assume that would be the best route to go. So are you running the C-9 cord back up to a peak and using really as an extension cord? You need to get some bulk wire and wire it in.

addictedtolandscaping
11-24-2012, 08:56 PM
I wasn;t aware they were available for c-9. Just remove the sockets

PlantscapeSolutions
11-24-2012, 09:23 PM
It's easy to break off the sockets and tape the wire. Your local irrigation stores will usually have lamp cord as well that you can splice in.

David Gretzmier
11-25-2012, 01:01 AM
there are socket caps out there for c9's and c7's. we invented a vinyl plug that water seals c9s inside and fits over the top of c7's. we have guys that do the c'9s a little loose or tight each year, so we leave the sockets on in case you need to move up or down a socket or 2.

CNYScapes
11-27-2012, 08:33 PM
So if Im in a bind with no bulk wire I can just remove the sockets and tape over?

TexasFire221
11-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Save your burned out bulbs or just unscrew then until they go off. But I never use socket cord for making runs
Posted via Mobile Device