PDA

View Full Version : Transaxle Maintanence

CFLS22
11-25-2012, 12:24 PM
My exdealer has always seemed to pull my leg when it came to routine maintenance on my mowers. Last year he told me that every 250 hours I should have the trans-axles serviced. I cant find any info anywhere in my manuals or online so i'm wondering if this is another one of his gimmicks. If you guys could let me know if you know anything about what I'm talking about whether he is right or wrong and if he's right, then what exactly is done to the trans-axles every 250 hours. Like hydro flushing? Thanks

ed2hess
11-25-2012, 03:35 PM
I think I would agree that the fluid should be changed. Those units are not tried and proven yet in my mind and not sure how many dealers know how to repair them. Just change the fluid your self it was easy on a snapper pro.

CFLS22
11-25-2012, 06:17 PM
I did find on exmarks website that the TT needs hydro filter changed every 250 hours or yearly. The other mowers didn't say anything about this but I assume that they all do? So would you say just filter and no fluid? I know most fluid will come out once I take the filter off but still
Posted via Mobile Device