PDA

View Full Version : Quick Review: Stihl BG 55

champyards
11-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Here is a quick review of our experience...Stihl BG 55 Review (http://champyards.com/Champion_Yards___Lawn_Care___Holiday_Lighting___Serving_Northern_Colorado___Loveland_Greeley_Windsor _Ft._Collins_CO/Entries/2012/11/26_Product_Review__Stihl_BG_55.html)

Richard Martin
11-27-2012, 08:02 AM
Here is a quick review of our experience...Stihl BG 55 Review (http://champyards.com/Champion_Yards___Lawn_Care___Holiday_Lighting___Serving_Northern_Colorado___Loveland_Greeley_Windsor _Ft._Collins_CO/Entries/2012/11/26_Product_Review__Stihl_BG_55.html)

Man, I'm telling you, you have got to change the color and size of the font. Older eyes like mine have trouble with that.

Darryl G
11-27-2012, 08:53 AM
To me if it's hard to start it's not a machine I want. My Shindaiwa equipment have always been 1 to 2 pull machines, even after sitting over the winter and being 10+ years old...start right up and ready to work right away. My newest purchases have been Husqvarna and they don't start quite as easily as my Shindaiwa stuff but still they start quickly and are ready to work with minimal warmup. I do agree that a handheld blower is good for working in confined spaces like shrubs against a house. You can scorch vinyl siding trying to use a backpack blower in areas like that....hmmm...what's that smell...ooops. I usually just use my backpack anyway though. I just take a tube off.

herler
11-28-2012, 07:10 AM
I think you are going to find this review tactic to backfire.

lawnboy dan
11-28-2012, 07:34 AM
my bg 85 has always been hard to start. -its been demoted to back up cause of this

wegomow
11-28-2012, 07:40 AM
Man, I'm telling you, you have got to change the color and size of the font. Older eyes like mine have trouble with that.

Time to get those old eye's checked again maybe?

1Sharkey
11-28-2012, 08:46 PM
I think you are going to find this review tactic to backfire.
If it brings traffic to his webpage, and drives his hit count stats up, whats to backfire.

herler
11-28-2012, 08:53 PM
If it brings traffic to his webpage, and drives his hit count stats up, whats to backfire.

It's not much better veiled than google search links to items I have for sale and it's still spam... He could have wrote the review here, instead he went about it in such a way that anyone wanting to read it has to visit his web site and if I'm not allowed to post a link to an item I have for sale why should anyone else be allowed to post back door links to their commercial interests?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Darryl G
11-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Did you say spam? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

champyards
11-28-2012, 08:57 PM
It's not much better veiled than google search links to items I have for sale, and it's still spam.

I did not realize this was viewed as spam...my apologies, we will be sure to no longer post our review links to this site.
Posted via Mobile Device

1Sharkey
11-28-2012, 10:00 PM
I did not realize this was viewed as spam...my apologies, we will be sure to no longer post our review links to this site.
Posted via Mobile Device

Champ don't apologize. You took the time to use a product and write a review. That is the kind of thing that I come here for. If I have to go to your site so be it.

I find this a much better use of this forum than those who bash and belittle at every opportunity.

champyards
11-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Champ don't apologize. You took the time to use a product and write a review. That is the kind of thing that I come here for. If I have to go to your site so be it.

I find this a much better use of this forum than those who bash and belittle at every opportunity.

Thanks Sharkey, I'm glad that it's semi-helpful to someone...not trying to put out spam :)
Posted via Mobile Device