PDA

View Full Version : Best Mid-Sized Walk Behind?

CLS_Birmingham
11-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Ok so I went and looked at a couple of different brands today. I'm looking at a 36" WB. Looked at EX-Mark, Gravley, and Toro.

Now, I need some advice from those who own these brands. Which brand would you suggest and why??

CowboysLawnCareDelaware
11-28-2012, 06:20 PM
I prefer belt drive over hydro when it's a 36". Some guys prefer the capability of easily being able to "man-handle" a pistol grip when you turn it but I disagree.

I have a Toro Proline T-bar and I can turn it around quite well. The one thing that I did was add hockey tape to the corners so I have a good grip with my gloves. The Proline S.F.S. deck cuts great and leaves an amazing stripe, I've been told the Turbo Force isn't quite as nice but I still plan on buying a new one in the Spring. I use Floating decks.

-Michael

joee0914
11-28-2012, 06:41 PM
I have a Lesco 36" hydro and i have to admit it's probably one of the greatest walk behinds ive ever used. lays down nice stripes, cuts clean and flat, and will power through everything i throw at it. The only down fall is that sometimes the parts are hard to come by when needed. Luckily i have a JD dealer that has basically everything i need for it.

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/joee0914/Landscaping/Lawns/IMG_0340.jpg

Not my best stripes but it'll give you an idea of how it can lay them down