PDA

View Full Version : Walker Super Bee 52 Rear Discharge/Mulch vs 60 Side Discharge

mdghs
11-29-2012, 07:52 PM
I am going to be buying a Walker Super Bee but can't decide on a 52 rear discharge mulcher or 60 side discharge. I am very interested in the 52 mulcher and the sale rep says great things about it. I don't know how well it will work on early morning/thick dewing lawns in upstate NY. I would like to bag less and use this 52 mulch deck. Does any one have any experience with the 52 rear discharge mulcher? Thanks

joemower
11-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Definitely the 52" rear discharge/mulching deck. I use two of them year round with now difficulties. That deck has made mulching a reality. We don't bag anything anymore and have had zero complaints for the two seasons we have used them. My first Super B came with the 60" SD deck and I did not care for the cut quality or having to deal with the discharge. We always had to double & triple cut to get things to look good. Now with the 52" decks we typically only have to make one pass and we don't have to worry about blowing grass into beds and such. Really sped things up for us. We also run a couple of MB's with the 48" mulch decks too. Both are incredible machines. We are located in MD cutting mostly Tall Fescue similar to what you are doing in NY I believe. Go with the 52" deck and if you don't like it I have a 60' deck with about 300 hours on it that I would trade or sell to you cheep! :)

mdghs
11-30-2012, 07:21 PM
thank you for the info joemower! I am leannig towards the 52. I will be trading in a 1999 MTSD 54 with 3087 hours on it. It is on it second engine. The machine has served me well! I will be purchasing the Super Bee next week. Thanks again!

mdghs
12-01-2012, 11:10 AM
I was just wondering if there was any way i could speak to you by phone. I have some more questions about the lawn mower and would like to speak to you. Let me know!
Thanks

joemower
12-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Sure you can call me. Check you private messages for my #.

mdghs
12-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Thanks, I will give a call tomorrow.