PDA

View Full Version : John Deere Landscapes

Kent Lawn Care
01-28-2003, 08:58 PM
:alien: Im wondering if anyone has any experience good or bad with John Deere Landscapes. we are getting one in our town and from what ive been hearing that they take smaller companies under their wings to be landscape contractors with them. i just wanta get some opinions first before i go getting in it over my head. thanks

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape
01-28-2003, 09:35 PM
I havent done any work for them but they have some very good grass seed.I would check it out.

longslawn
01-28-2003, 09:55 PM
My dealings with them has been good. Get to know them, they have alot of knowledge that they willingly give.

Henry
01-28-2003, 10:14 PM
They recently bought a Century Rain Aid location where I buy all my lighting supplies from. The service I get there is great. Always helpful when I have ?'s. Just last month I under-estimated the amount of wire on a job and one of thier guys ran a spool over to me, saving me a good hour of wasted time.

blafleur
01-28-2003, 11:20 PM
They have bought up a lot of the landscape supply companies in the Dallas area. I havent noticed a change in the service of the ones I use, they pretty much change the name and kept everything else the same.

Bryan

ipm
01-29-2003, 09:35 AM
That is the only vendor we use for woody ornamental and trees. To answer your question they are very reliable, Customer service is great, etc. If you want quality use them. No complaints

LKNServices
01-29-2003, 11:44 AM
Excellent Service and their grass seed is excellent. Some of their prices are a little steep, but quantity discounts are available. My branch delivers any amount for 50$. The people that work there are basicly the same that worked for century at my branch. Great guys, very helpful, and always say," thanks for your business."

Shuter
02-01-2003, 05:57 PM
Never heard of them in Mass.

Kent Lawn Care
02-01-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by ffshuter
Never heard of them in Mass.

Never heard of John Deere?!?

well if youve heard of that company, its thier landscape supply division.

wojo23323
02-01-2003, 11:00 PM
Excellent service. Very helpfull with any questions that I have. I do not use anyone else for my landscaping needs.

Kent Lawn Care
02-02-2003, 01:16 PM
thanks a lot everyone, im thinking that im gonna go talk to the asap, sounds like they are a good company to get in with. i hope that they can give me a couple jobs a month along with the ones im getting on my own. if i understand right they shoot for the larger landscape jobs like the krogers , kmarts (lol, not taking those jobs) municipalities, etc. that should get me outta the 1/2 - 5 acre lots and into more commercial.

goose
02-02-2003, 11:33 PM
We use them sometimes for our containers and some woody ornamentals and some b&b. We also use them for some of our fert program.

baddboygeorge
02-08-2003, 01:48 AM
a good friend of mine sold out to them here in louisville .here they do all there own installations an the also sell stock as well . there prices are high compared to what i pay at other places. seems like they run a decent outfit ,they call me all the time wanting me to buy from them . i like to support my mom an pop nurseries in the area !!