PDA

View Full Version : Redmax wont honor warranty on blower, what would you do?

DLM155
11-30-2012, 05:12 PM
I have a EBZ7500 blower that suffered total engine failure on a job earlier this month. I bought it new in May 2012, it died 11/5/12. The dealer is siding with me, the engine failure is no fault to me. However, Redmax and Pace (distributor for the south east) both wont fix it. They want the dealer to disassemble the entire machine, micrometer every part, take pictures and send it in for evaluation. Both the service manager and the owner of the dealer both agree this will likely end with Redmax saying no on repairing or replacing it. The kicker to this- if Redmax turns me down, they will make ME foot the labor bill for the dealer to do all that work. Dealer gave me an estimate for $390, which is only about $70 shy of what I paid for the damn thing.

Needless to say I am furious with Redmax's "warranty". I went ahead and collected my paper weight of a blower and drove down to the nearest Stihl dealer and bought myself a BR600. What would you guys do? Is there any other approach? I just want some kind of return on my investment. 6 month life span for a commercial machine with a 2 year warranty with less than 100 hours on it is absolutely unacceptable.

GMLC
11-30-2012, 05:56 PM
Please dont get me wrong, Im not siding with redmax. But redmax needs to know why the unit failed before they replace it. This is true with any equipment warranty. My question is how does your dealer know without disassembly and inspection why the engine failed? While I was an auto tech I disassembled many blown engines over the years and found many with faults due to craftsmanship and many due to running out of oil etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

agrostis
11-30-2012, 06:29 PM
If that blower failed thru no fault of your's, then you shouldn't have any trouble with the dealer checking that machine out.

larryinalabama
11-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Actually the dealer is just has responsible has redmax, they abousoutley should dissamble it with no cost to you.

The answer will likley to be to sue redmax and your dealer in small claims court, or forget about it.

DLM155
11-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Please dont get me wrong, Im not siding with redmax. But redmax needs to know why the unit failed before they replace it. This is true with any equipment warranty. My question is how does your dealer know without disassembly and inspection why the engine failed? While I was an auto tech I disassembled many blown engines over the years and found many with faults due to craftsmanship and many due to running out of oil etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

Redmax has already started pointing fingers at me for running straight gasoline in it and has been really hostile to the dealer. My dealer and I both know that is not the case. The potential cost and hostile attitude from Redmax aren't really making it seem like a favorable gamble.

djagusch
11-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Redmax has already started pointing fingers at me for running straight gasoline in it and has been really hostile to the dealer. My dealer and I both know that is not the case. The potential cost and hostile attitude from Redmax aren't really making it seem like a favorable gamble.

Does the redmax manual say straight gas or up to 10% ethonel? If it says 10% doesn't matter. Most dealers have a test to see the % of ethonal in it. Let them know those results see if they change their tune then.

Anyways the dealer should be leaning on his sales rep hard also besides the service guys. Then need to prove why its not covered not why it should be covered.
Posted via Mobile Device

DLM155
11-30-2012, 07:46 PM
They are trying to say I ran it without any 2cycle mix, just plain gasoline. I've been in this business a long time and work alone, its just not the case. The engine seems to have melted down- the gaskets have pushed out of the side of the block and its puking fuel mix all over when cranked. None of this matters to me, it broke and I wanted it fixed or replaced. Instead Redmax wanted to play the blame game and waste both the dealer and my time for the better part of a month before they finally decided to make the dealer disassemble it- potentially at my expense. This is not an acceptable way to treat someone who relies on their equipment for a living which is why I'm now headed back to Stihl. The dealer says its really, really close to a particular run of serial numbers that were notorious for this very meltdown but Redmax says its outside of it by ~100 and refuses to think it could have the same issue the older models had, which is why they want it torn down. I'm pretty sure it died due to heat, and Redmax will likely blame it on incorrect fuel mixture or the all elusive ethanol.

My dealer bent over backwards for me to get where we did with Redmax, I have no intention of dragging them into court to bicker about it. Nor do I want to pay a retainer for a lawyer for a $500 piece of equipment. Expensive lesson learned, I guess.

grasscutter24
11-30-2012, 08:01 PM
To be honest, generally that's what has to happen before Redmax, Kawasaki, etc. can replace it for you. They aren't going to ship you a new one until the dealer tells them they took it apart and examined it. You have to go through their process. A pain in the butt, but I don't see how you wouldn't get another one at Redmax expense.

chuacro
12-01-2012, 01:03 AM
My local dealer would give me a loaner while checking the problem. If I took care of the equipment I would not worry. I have a 2006 hustler mini z and 2006 walker mtghs and both are repairing my mowers free with problems. That is what good companys do.

shovelracer
12-01-2012, 07:28 AM
In todays economy customer service does not hold significant value especially with large companies. There used to be a time when there was a failure the dealer would exchange the unit or give a rental and take care of the issue no questions asked. Today though is not the case with expenses up and sales down. They will with anything tear down, check and fix as needed. I bought a new mower this season. Within the first day a hydro motor leak developed. They tore the pump down and rebuilt it. I was without my new machine for 4 days. 2 weeks later the same thing happened. They tore it down again and then replaced it only after learning of a defect. Machine down 8 days this time. In my opinion this was a gigantic pile of BS. I had something similar happen 7-8 years ago. The machine came in one afternoon, and by the following morning was ready with a new pump motor.

It is like this with everything now a days. We just had our 3 year old washing machine break due to what looked like a manufacturing issue. This was a $500 black friday sale washer 3 years ago. They just fixed it yesterday. The total repair took 6 weeks due to poor company logistics. The total cost to repair this $500 washer was $1500 in parts and another $1400 in labor all covered by the extended warranty program. We will never buy anything from this retailer again due to their customer service problems. They could have given us a new $500 washer and we would have been happy. Instead they dragged their feet all while looking for something to blame and someone to foot the bill. Bottom line though is that one customer and the couple thousand they may spend in a lifetime means nothing to them as there will always be another homeowner that needs to outfit their house.

Richard Martin
12-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Can we get you to pull the muffler off and post up a view of the piston and rings? Like this shot of a Stihl engine.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=105505&stc=1&d=1207569684

C Jovingo Landscaping
12-01-2012, 09:29 AM
They could have given us a new $500 washer and we would have been happy.

Appliances don't make sense. Always seems cost more to repair than buying new. My brothers $800 fridge died (no longer under warranty), got $1500 estimate to repair. He went out & purchased new $800 fridge.
Posted via Mobile Device

DLM155
12-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Can we get you to pull the muffler off and post up a view of the piston and rings? Like this shot of a Stihl engine.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=105505&stc=1&d=1207569684

I'm going to go collect it today from the dealer and start selling parts off of it as I've already replaced it with another unit. I'll probably pull the engine apart myself in my spare time and see what went down inside of it.

44DCNF
12-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Did it begin running erratic and display hard starting prior to failing? I wonder if it overheated from a lean set carb from the factory?

Shovelracer, that wouldn't have been a maytag neptune washer, would it?

DLM155
12-01-2012, 08:32 PM
No, ran and started like normal all day. An hour into a job it felt low on power for about 25 seconds, then a pop noise and it died as if it ran out of fuel. Hasn't ran since.

ed2hess
12-01-2012, 09:55 PM
I have a EBZ7500 blower that suffered total engine failure on a job earlier this month. I bought it new in May 2012, it died 11/5/12. The dealer is siding with me, the engine failure is no fault to me. However, Redmax and Pace (distributor for the south east) both wont fix it. They want the dealer to disassemble the entire machine, micrometer every part, take pictures and send it in for evaluation. Both the service manager and the owner of the dealer both agree this will likely end with Redmax saying no on repairing or replacing it. The kicker to this- if Redmax turns me down, they will make ME foot the labor bill for the dealer to do all that work. Dealer gave me an estimate for $390, which is only about $70 shy of what I paid for the damn thing.

Needless to say I am furious with Redmax's "warranty". I went ahead and collected my paper weight of a blower and drove down to the nearest Stihl dealer and bought myself a BR600. What would you guys do? Is there any other approach? I just want some kind of return on my investment. 6 month life span for a commercial machine with a 2 year warranty with less than 100 hours on it is absolutely unacceptable.

Well you may have made another mistake. There were 3 BR600 at the dealer this weekend all blown up inside the two year warranty. Stihl asked the dealer to take the engine out and send it to them for evaluation. So what broke on the redmax that required $390:dizzy::dizzy:

DLM155
12-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Well you may have made another mistake. There were 3 BR600 at the dealer this weekend all blown up inside the two year warranty. Stihl asked the dealer to take the engine out and send it to them for evaluation. So what broke on the redmax that required $390:dizzy::dizzy:

I'm guessing they didn't keep up with the valves on the Stihl units. I only have one unit as I work by myself so adjusting the valves every 50 hours or so shouldn't be a big deal at all.

The $390 would be the cost of the engine shortblock, without any labor, from the dealer. I still haven't torn the machine down to see if anything obvious is destroyed.

32vld
12-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Redmax won't honor warranty's. I am never buying anything Redmax now.

Richard Martin
12-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Redmax won't honor warranty's. I am never buying anything Redmax now.

I don't think Redmax refused to honor the warranty. They want to see what they're warranting and I don't blame them. Redmax has probably built a million, if not more, 2 stroke engines and for one of them to just seize up is probably extremely rare. They have a lot of experience in building them.

If the OP is 100% certain that the issue is the fault of Redmax, then he should just let the shop tear it down. I asked for a simple through the port picture and I'm still waiting to see it.

I do agree that the dealer is way overcharging for the teardown. $25 or maybe even $50 seems a little more reasonable.

RussellB
12-02-2012, 01:21 PM
If you know you didn't accidentally run straight fuel though it why not allow the dealer to take the steps the manufacturer requests? Obviously if you ran the correct fuel/fuel mixture the machine will be replaced. Are you sure the dealer isn't yanking your chain?

DLM155
12-02-2012, 01:38 PM
If you know you didn't accidentally run straight fuel though it why not allow the dealer to take the steps the manufacturer requests? Obviously if you ran the correct fuel/fuel mixture the machine will be replaced. Are you sure the dealer isn't yanking your chain?

Positive, I've seen the email log they exchanged personally. I'm close with the service manager. I'd let them tear it apart and mail it to the damn moon if they wanted to- the catch is they'll likely turn it down and blame improper fuel mix or ethanol or user error and void me. If they void me, I have to foot the bill for the tear down. I don't want to throw more money off this cliff.

GrassGuerilla
12-02-2012, 02:07 PM
A good dealer will tear it down. Your not that close with the service manager. He thinks you straight gassed it, or he would have torn it down already. You either straight gassed it (hey it happens) or you need another dealer. Good luck with Stihl. I'm not a fan of 4-mix. But whatever.
Posted via Mobile Device

44DCNF
12-02-2012, 03:59 PM
I've had the opposite results with Redmax. They have honored three warranty situations. The only problems I've ever had, owning five different units of theirs over as many years or more. One was a bolt came loose and rubbed on the impeller in a handheld blower. Another was poor performance which turned out to be the carb setting on the same handheld blower. The third was some left behind aluminum shred from the machining process in the mounting area of a hedge trimmer accessory head that caused the case to split during installation. All warranteed without question. This was through a dealer I have been very happy dealing with and the Midwest distributor of Redmax that they deal with.

Other than those instances I have not had any other glitches with their equipment. I would not hesitate to buy more in the future.

8rickyj
12-30-2012, 09:37 PM
What did your lawyer say?

justanotherlawnguy
12-30-2012, 10:20 PM
bend over and take it, thats pretty much all you can do.

pretty much all 2 cycle, 4 cycle, 4 stroke, whatever you want to call it s u c k s nowadays. it blows to not have them honor the warranty, but like a previous post said, its on the dealer as well.

you got a new blower, theres a reason ninety some odd percent of guys run the stihls and the rest run echos. you willl be lucky to get a couple years out of that br600anyway, they are junk as well

i bought a shindaiwa trimmer this summer and it took a shiz on me barely 6 months into using it. i didnt take it back to the dealer and complain about it because i smashed it into the street. talk about a total POS......

8rickyj
12-30-2012, 10:26 PM
I had a similar situation once. A letter or a phone call from an attorney might yield better results. It did in my case anyway

jetta
12-31-2012, 07:35 AM
i had a similar problem with kohler, they put you off long enough then lose track of the bad item , then theres nothing we can do.

Richard Martin
12-31-2012, 08:17 AM
you got a new blower, theres a reason ninety some odd percent of guys run the stihls and the rest run echos. you willl be lucky to get a couple years out of that br600anyway, they are junk as well :nono:

The first BR600 I bought back in 2005 is still running. And it runs very well. And it has worked very hard. Stihl had a few problems with them when they first came out, but those problems have been remedied. They are just as reliable as any other top of the line blower now.

Duekster
12-31-2012, 09:39 AM
:nono:

The first BR600 I bought back in 2005 is still running. And it runs very well. And it has worked very hard. Stihl had a few problems with them when they first came out, but those problems have been remedied. They are just as reliable as any other top of the line blower now.

I have one too and it is likely 7 years old and got a new carb last year.

CLARK LAWN
12-31-2012, 05:13 PM
So you want REDMAX to just take your word that you did nothing wrong? I work at a truck dealership and we find things all the time that someone did to cause something not to be covered under warranty. When that's the case the owner pays for all labor, even if they decide to take it elsewhere for repairs.
Posted via Mobile Device

DuallyVette
01-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Your dealer sucks. I had a Red Max 8500 blower come apart at 13 months old. It has a 2 year warranty. My dealer took the thing apart while we stood there and talked about it. Engine retaining bolt hole broke off the engine. the bolt slid out and wore a hole in the impeller. Repairing would cost RedMax more than a new blower. My dealer had to fill out a form and send pictures. The dealer had a new housing in a couple of days, the motor took a week. I LOVE my 8500's If I had to throw them in a dumpster every 12 months, they were worth the price, because of the time they save...even over our 8050's.

CLARK LAWN
01-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Your dealer sucks. I had a Red Max 8500 blower come apart at 13 months old. It has a 2 year warranty. My dealer took the thing apart while we stood there and talked about it. Engine retaining bolt hole broke off the engine. the bolt slid out and wore a hole in the impeller. Repairing would cost RedMax more than a new blower. My dealer had to fill out a form and send pictures. The dealer had a new housing in a couple of days, the motor took a week. I LOVE my 8500's If I had to throw them in a dumpster every 12 months, they were worth the price, because of the time they save...even over our 8050's.

Two totally different break downs. Something breaking like that is not the same as what his problem is. The dealer is advising him that if they tear it down and it is determined to be operator error ( straight or improper mix gas) that he will have to pay for the tear down.
Posted via Mobile Device

DuallyVette
01-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Two totally different break downs. Something breaking like that is not the same as what his problem is. The dealer is advising him that if they tear it down and it is determined to be operator error ( straight or improper mix gas) that he will have to pay for the tear down.
Posted via Mobile Device

His dealer is assuming that his was possibly run with no oil. Mine appeared locked up. You couldn't pull the starter rope on mine. Tearing it down took about 3 minutes. if mine looked like a no-oil problem, my dealer would have thrown it into a box and handed it to me.

JustRidinAlong
01-03-2013, 02:10 PM

The EBZ7500 is an awesome blower.

This issue you described sounds like it was not cooling properly resulting in pre-ignition. Probably blew a hole in the top of the piston gaulded the rings and scratched the cylinder. Only answer is short-block and it should be covered under warranty. A tear down is required obviously to diagnose but that will happen after you find that it does not have compression.

Duekster
01-03-2013, 03:06 PM
still seem a little rich on the price to tear it down.
I would agree to a service fee of say 35 to 50 bucks but not 75% of the value of the machine

Landrus2
01-04-2013, 10:31 AM
I had a similar situation once. A letter or a phone call from an attorney might yield better results. It did in my case anyway

How much did you Pay for that letter:drinkup:

Valk
01-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Sucks to be treated like dirt with a warranty issue, no doubt.

To the OP, were you using mid-grade or premium fuel in your mix?
Does a manufacturer have any recourse if the end-user is not running the recommended higher octane fuel?

In case this helps, I count 4 gas stations in Huntsville, AL that offer ethanol-free higher octane fuel at:
http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=AL

natuworks
01-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Since 1999 we used 87 octane gasoline for our mix (2 stroke) machines (most Redmax machines)... never get big problems with them... last year we bought 3 new Redmax ebz7500 blowers... 1 of them broke... Dealer keep this machine since November to fix, but have not solutions... they said problem was caused because use 87 octane gas... Redmax company do not want to pay for fix... we used that blower for less than month (November fall clean-ups)... since we bought this machine in October, dealer do not want to replace. This year we will start use 93 octane gas for all 2 stroke machines.

GrassGuerilla
01-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Yes sir 87 octane can and will preignite in such an engine. Manual says 89 or higher. Higher is a waste. READ THE MANUAL. Same thing happened to a LOT of high performance car engines.
Posted via Mobile Device

8rickyj
01-10-2013, 03:26 PM
How much did you Pay for that letter:drinkup:

I have Legal Shield. I pay $40 a month to protect my business and my family.
They handle all my legal issues without getting a huge bill afterwords.

Will P.C.
01-10-2013, 06:50 PM
First, you are wrong to think the dealer is your 'dear friend' and has your back 100%. I don't see him willing to give you a loaner, drop the tear down price significantly, etc.

Second, tearing down a hardcore commercial blower that blew out after a few months seems like SOP to me. Safety reasons come to mind first. They also want to see what they have done wrong (if anything) in manufacturing for research and design or to correct things in the future.

thethirstymoose
01-11-2013, 01:07 AM
whats wrong with it? Bad compression? did the piston seize? In todays world warranties are just a word to sell things, most manufacturers will squirm out of the deal, when I take a piece of machinery in for a warranty claim, and they honor it.....I almost fall over

natuworks
03-12-2013, 11:22 AM
I left this blower at the dealer to fix since November/12 (they said when get any solutions make a phone call to me), after a maked some phone calls (March/13) to them I got the blower today 03/12/2013 not assembled and they said REDMAX do not cover the warranty for a 2 to 3 weeks used blower and dealer said not assembled because they don't want lose time... I check some reviews from this dealer a got this: "Sales team is great, Parts team is great, service is some of the worst I've seen. Bad attitudes, could not care less about downtime or your needs". Dealer it is located in Wrentham, MA and since I have to come back to buy more machines from them I do not put any name. I think Sales and Parts teams is good but they need to be re-trained and review actual goals... service team needs a lot of work to have 5 stars...

Redmax EBZ7500

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since 1999 we used 87 octane gasoline for our mix (2 stroke) machines (most Redmax machines)... never get big problems with them... last year we bought 3 new Redmax ebz7500 blowers... 1 of them broke... Dealer keep this machine since November to fix, but have not solutions... they said problem was caused because use 87 octane gas... Redmax company do not want to pay for fix... we used that blower for less than month (November fall clean-ups)... since we bought this machine in October, dealer do not want to replace. This year we will start use 93 octane gas for all 2 stroke machines.

GrassGuerilla
03-12-2013, 11:26 AM
I left this blower at the dealer to fix since November/12 (they said when get any solutions make a phone call to me), after a maked some phone calls (March/13) to them I got the blower today 03/12/2013 not assembled and they said REDMAX do not cover the warranty for a 2 to 3 weeks used blower and dealer said not assembled because they don't want lose time... I check some reviews from this dealer a got this: "Sales team is great, Parts team is great, service is some of the worst I've seen. Bad attitudes, could not care less about downtime or your needs". Dealer it is located in Wrentham, MA and since I have to come back to buy more machines from them I do not put any name. I think Sales and Parts teams is good but they need to be re-trained and review actual goals... service team needs a lot of work to have 5 stars...

Redmax EBZ7500

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using the fuel specified should be a no brainer. Garbage in...
Posted via Mobile Device

mowzilla
03-12-2013, 02:02 PM
the ebz 7500 and 8500 have to have 89 octane gas and good oil to live. mine was rattling on 93?? stopped on 89. I use echo oil, it seems to be the best for the money.

honestly, i bought my 8500 to replace a stolen 770 echo, and i just bought another 770 echo and it outblows the 8500, more reliable, and longer lasting..

i have both of my redmax units for sale, still under warranty, and replacing them with another 770 and a pe280 echo.

echo has never let me down.they seem to tolerate ethanol better than stihl four mix or redmax.

only thing i like stihl is their saws and they are the best.

crazyflyboy30
03-12-2013, 09:00 PM
I would tell the dealer /Redmax straight up you will fix it or a new one or I will ruin you.They would be more than happy to get me a new bower after what could for them.

BAKERS
03-13-2013, 07:18 PM
This is 100% on your dealer. Its their job to be properly trained on engine failure and diagnosis especially in todays world of fuel and engines. They have to do something for the manufacture. I dont usually post but im about to jump out of my chair.....

mowzilla
03-14-2013, 07:35 AM
your dealer is everything. If you are a commercial customer, particularly, they should have your back if they want your business. when i started out and was primarily using exmark and shindaiwa, i had a pretty good one. if i lived closer, i would use them more, as they do carry echo. since i became a fleet manager at another company 4 days a week, i have struck up quite a relationship with the dealer they use. i bought one walker from another dealer and then second from the one i deal with now. they are great. i have a client who has a redmax dealer in the building they own. i can't dog redmax, as over the last 20 years what i have owned has been great. but echo has proven itself, and the dealer has proven themselves. i am lucky to have a great dealer, and they do help me a lot a lot, and in turn i brag on them a lot, well, becausse they deserve it. The Doraville, Ga location of Howard Brothers Hardware is simply unmatched. there are a couple of other good dealers in the west side of atanta, lost mountain outdoor power and douglasville ace. i am sticking with echo because of dealer support, perfromance, and reliability. Howard Brothers is the largest sthil dealer in our area, hence why i got a farm boss. i hate four mix. outside of a gold certified stihl dealer technician, i know a ton about four mix and work on hundreds of them. they are not bad , but i feel you get a little more reliability and power from echo. as far as four mix, if you keep it tuned and maintained, its not that bad. redmax..hmmm.. too many horror stories but it seems more the dealers than anything. your dealer CAN go to bat for you.

GrassGuerilla
03-14-2013, 08:21 AM
your dealer is everything. If you are a commercial customer, particularly, they should have your back if they want your business. when i started out and was primarily using exmark and shindaiwa, i had a pretty good one. if i lived closer, i would use them more, as they do carry echo. since i became a fleet manager at another company 4 days a week, i have struck up quite a relationship with the dealer they use. i bought one walker from another dealer and then second from the one i deal with now. they are great. i have a client who has a redmax dealer in the building they own. i can't dog redmax, as over the last 20 years what i have owned has been great. but echo has proven itself, and the dealer has proven themselves. i am lucky to have a great dealer, and they do help me a lot a lot, and in turn i brag on them a lot, well, becausse they deserve it. The Doraville, Ga location of Howard Brothers Hardware is simply unmatched. there are a couple of other good dealers in the west side of atanta, lost mountain outdoor power and douglasville ace. i am sticking with echo because of dealer support, perfromance, and reliability. Howard Brothers is the largest sthil dealer in our area, hence why i got a farm boss. i hate four mix. outside of a gold certified stihl dealer technician, i know a ton about four mix and work on hundreds of them. they are not bad , but i feel you get a little more reliability and power from echo. as far as four mix, if you keep it tuned and maintained, its not that bad. redmax..hmmm.. too many horror stories but it seems more the dealers than anything. your dealer CAN go to bat for you.

Well said sir. Many dealers are jaded from dealing with "warranty work". Often almost immediately dismissing any warranty claim stating "bad fuel mix". If my dealer didn't at least give me the illusion of "going to bat for me" he wouldn't be MY dealer any more.

I always thought it was kinda shitty of a dealer to "tear down" a piece that died under warranty and give it back in pieces (when not covered). But to not even tear it down for inspection?
F them. Ask yourself this, if a customer called you about hundreds of dollars of work they were unhappy with, would you come walk the property with them? Find a hungrier dealer that's willing to EARN your business.
Posted via Mobile Device

tallimeca
03-23-2013, 12:52 AM
Does not make sense.

First...does your serial number fall in the range of the service bulletin on the 7500 and 8500 running lean...well known issue.

Second, dealer should be tearing unit down right out the gate to detail the failure and report it to manufacturer. If it is determined to be operator error and not a defect.. customer is responsible for teardown labor and repair if not covered if the customer wants to repair it. Why should the dealer not get paid if its not a defect?

We take a deposit on potential warranty repairs. This weeds out most of the guys trying to get us and the manufacturers to pay for their mistakes. If they know they screwed it up.. they arent going to pay to be told something they already know. On the flip side, if it is obviously a warranty issue or borderline... we fight tooth and nail for our customers....and for the ones who purchased elsewhere and were told its not a warranty and it surely was.

Grant11
03-23-2013, 01:29 AM
I would feel like Redmax stole a blower from me if they didn't honor that warranty, because they may as well of.
I agree with everyone that said you need to find a new dealer. I disagree when everyone told you that you messed up with the BR600. I've had 2. They're good. No mistakes there. Stihl has the best customer service of any brands. Period.

johnnyusa
03-23-2013, 10:23 AM
i had same problem with echo 770 dealer said i needed new engine and i should junk it and buy a new one . they said we used straight gas in it. i told him that's bs i don't even have a straight gas can on truck. i went home and called echo and told them what the dealer said and if he doesn't help me out i'm gonna go buy a stihl and never look back because i spend thousands in equipment and if you don't stand behind me during warranty i cant spend anymore money with you. he said give me 24hrs. and ill call you. dealer was a little mad bcuz i went through echo not him but it saved me from buying a new blower

GrassGuerilla
03-23-2013, 10:45 AM
The last dealer that charged (or attempted to charge) for a "potential warranty issue", is no longer my dealer. After spending thousands of dollars on equipment, regular stops for supplies and incidental items. They OWE us the courtesy of a warranty inspection. To ask me for $20 or $50 to determine if its covered... Sorry, not me. If a client called and said "your crew never cut the grass this week." Would you charge them $20-50 to come walk the property, or check the logs? Hell no, you would bend over backwards to make sure the customer knows the guys were there and the grass is just growing fast.

Note to dealers: if there isn't enough money in selling and servicing these extremely expensive tools, find another line of work. Treating your professional (I know that's a stretch) customers like the enemy is ridiculous. Besides, assuming it is their fault, arent they about to need a new blower? If you charged them another $20-50 to tell them it's their fault, and your not going to bat for them, do you think they are more likely to buy another from you? Or take their need elsewhere?
Posted via Mobile Device

08wstroke
03-23-2013, 05:43 PM
I had a 8001 blower That Aquired a Knock in It and Red max Warrantied It no problem and It was 1.5 yrs old