PDA

View Full Version : PILOT trailers? Quick!

GreenBlade
12-02-2012, 02:42 AM
Anyone have one?

I got an AMAZING deal on one. Guy was asking $3,250; got him down to $2,700. Supposedly sells new for $5,000+ & its an '06. It's a PILOT Express. 18-footer.

It's been wrecked, but needs only minor repairs. Could use new tires. All lights work, brakes work.
Dual 3,500LB axles.

Question is: Are they good? I've never heard of PILOT before, and I can't find reviews online.

This will be my first enclosed trailer so I'm pretty excited!
I posted here because I need quick answers!
Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

GreenBlade
12-02-2012, 02:47 AM
Here's the link to the ad so you can take a look.
http://www.recycler.com/details/-38880614/2006-pilot-express-18-drive-in-rear-door--
Posted via Mobile Device

orangemower
12-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Just from the description you wrote, I would not consider it. Don't let the joy and happiness of buying a trailer whether it be a enclosed or not tarnish your decision to buy a good trailer.

KrayzKajun
12-02-2012, 09:10 AM
Thats alot of trailer for just 3500# axles. You said its been wrecked and needs tires, hmmmm id pass.
Posted via Mobile Device

McG_Landscaping
12-02-2012, 09:17 AM
If you already bought it why are you asking what people think now?
Posted via Mobile Device

GreenBlade
12-02-2012, 10:19 AM
I haven't bought it yet, but that's the offer that stands.
Posted via Mobile Device

MOturkey
12-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Figure the cost for repairs and a set of new tires ($400 plus) and see if there is enough savings over a new trailer to make it worthwhile for you to purchase. Everyone has their own criteria as to what constitutues a "good deal", so what to one person might be a pass situation, to another it might be worth buying.

orangemower
12-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Figure the cost for repairs and a set of new tires ($400 plus) and see if there is enough savings over a new trailer to make it worthwhile for you to purchase. Everyone has their own criteria as to what constitutes a "good deal", so what to one person might be a pass situation, to another it might be worth buying.

but that would require he does a bit of research! He's after the fastest answer he can get. If he doesn't want to take the time to investigate a given brand to see whether it's good or not, he might as well buy whatever is out there. It never crossed my mind to get excited over buying a trailer. :dancing: :cool2:

JB1
12-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Buy it. Great deal
Posted via Mobile Device

Oakleaf landscape
12-02-2012, 02:00 PM
I would pass. 6 Year old enclosed trailer that has been wrecked. Would say 2k.

GreenBlade
12-02-2012, 04:54 PM
I guess I should clarify:
The wreck was minor; no damage to main frame. Repairs have been made & you can barely tell. Basically the guy's hitch broke (not on the trailer) & the trailer slid into a guard rail. When you click the ad it's the bottom right there in the front. On the inside you can see some light coming through, but all I figure is some kind of sealant or just replace that board section because its the board thats chipped. It's actually in pretty good condition for it to be 6+ years old.

Still indecisive. Seems like a good deal that might could even be profitable if I decided to sell again.

:confused:

orangemower
12-02-2012, 07:12 PM
You've been warned.