PDA

View Full Version : Leaf pickup with Accelerator catchers

44DCNF
12-02-2012, 04:12 PM
I am sharing a tip I stumbled upon by accident one year.

I had cleaned my Accelerator bagger and put it away, but before storage sprayed it down with Fluid Film (rarely used it to bag grass clippings). The next time I pulled it out to use it for leaf pickup I notice the leaf dust blowing out through the holes was greatly minimized and nearly eliminated. It also had the effect of muffling the rattle noise that comes from aluminum catchers. If I recall, they do have a sock made for leaf pickup, but this might be a happy medium for those whose eyes or lungs may be bothered by leaf dust during dry fall periods or during spring cleanup of dead raked out material from the turfs thatch zone.

Give it a try. Treat your catcher to a light coat of FF from the inside and see what difference you notice.

newguy123
12-02-2012, 04:19 PM
That's a great idea!

44DCNF
12-02-2012, 05:28 PM
I was surprised by the unexpected results. To be clear, I did not spray the outside. That would be messy. I used the sureshot sprayer with thinned bulk FF and sprayed the inside lightly. My set up for under deck spraying. It became s.o.p. for leaf duty after that.