PDA

View Full Version : Hustler or Toro

solaman
12-02-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm going to buy a zero turn next spring and I have narrowed it down to the Hustler Raptor 42 or the Toro Timecutter MX 4260. Which one do ya'll think is best.This will be used for residential use only, my yard once a week.Thanks for your replies.

Exmarkboy13
12-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Hustler deck has a bigger discharge opening than the Toro time cutter deck (yes, the deck on the raptor, because I've seen the raptor. you also sit alittle lower on the raptor, which equates to a lower center of gravity. I also like the steering dampeners and the feel of the hydros alittle better on the hustler, but thats just personal preference. But, the cutting height adjustment on the Toro is better in my opinion.

Classic Cuts Lawn Service
12-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Ive never used either mower but I have always had great service with Toro.

solaman
04-08-2013, 09:09 PM
I'm leaning to the Hustler.

TFLE
04-08-2013, 10:59 PM
The raptor looks to be a pretty decent homeowner unit. I own Toro's and have for years but I wouldn't touch a timecutter.

wiltslawncare
04-08-2013, 11:13 PM
The raptor looks to be a pretty decent homeowner unit. I own Toro's and have for years but I wouldn't touch a timecutter.

I would disagree. I have no experience with the hustler but do with the toro timecutter. Bought it four years ago brand new 50 inch with 23 how kohler. Cut over ten yards weekly with it. Not ONE problem with it. Bought a commercial toro for this year but my opinion is toro will last you a looooong time.
Posted via Mobile Device

TFLE
04-08-2013, 11:38 PM
I'm glad the timecutter worked out for you... I've never had a problem with toro it's just the timecutter reminds me of a machine you would get at the home depot. The raptor looks more solid but honestly I have no real experiance with either model. I just know if I were going to buy one of the two it would be the Raptor. Wilt what kind of mower did you get this year?

wiltslawncare
04-08-2013, 11:45 PM
You are absolutely right haha, I got mine from home depot. This year I got the toro 3000 series 52 inch with the Kawasaki. Only two days left and ill finally get to cut some grass with it!
Posted via Mobile Device

wiltslawncare
04-08-2013, 11:51 PM
After watching a video of the raptor on YouTube I would go with it. Looks like it is built better. I like the fabricated deck also. Timecutter is stamped
Posted via Mobile Device

TFLE
04-08-2013, 11:54 PM
Wilt I picked up the exact same mower. Man you are going from a yugo to a Cadillac. Good luck!

wiltslawncare
04-08-2013, 11:59 PM
Thanks a lot man. Same to you
Posted via Mobile Device