PDA

View Full Version : ric has another mile stone

the_bug_guy
12-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Ric decided he was 25 years old with his new bride to be decided to start Christmas house decoration business. He is currently on his way to the hospital to have his arm set in a cast. Good luck young friend. Will give him something to remember tor about six weeks

Ric
12-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Ric decided he was 25 years old with his new bride to be decided to start Christmas house decoration business. He is currently on his way to the hospital to have his arm set in a cast.

My own house, I am not in the X mas decoration business. Yes I was playing Tarzan instead of using a ladder when I fell on Sunday. The hospital ER Doctor was kind enough to give me two aspires and told me to soak it. They don't set broken bones thanks to Law firms like Morgan & Morgan. We have a local VA clinic but they don't set broken bones. Therefore I must drive to the next town's VA for an 11 am appointment.

the_bug_guy
12-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Hey ric. The grapevine says you broke your wrist as your bride to be was dragging you into the house to perform your duties is that true?

gregory
12-03-2012, 07:29 PM
lol bug guy.. i dont see her dragging ric inside to do his duties... what a way to go...

the_bug_guy
12-03-2012, 09:29 PM
ric is actually in a lot of pain. he has to have a plate and pins put in tomorrow. they have him pretty much in lala land for his big day tomorrow.
good luck ric remember the VA Dr's have plenty of practice putting bones back together.

Lets just hope they do the correct wrist.

Ric
12-04-2012, 07:24 AM
Hey ric. The grapevine says you broke your wrist as your bride to be was dragging you into the house to perform your duties is that true?

Something like that only the rope swing was twisted too tight and the hook snapped. There I was hand cuffed below when all 842 pounds of her came tumbling down putting all that weight on my wrist. BTW If you believe that, I have a Bridge for sale that runs between Manhattan and Brooklyn.

bugsNbows
12-04-2012, 08:17 AM
LOL. I was always taught to respect ones elders! You boyz better behave! Good luck Ric...hope it heals quickly.

RigglePLC
12-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Good luck and get well soon, Ric. We will miss you--or rather --you will probably be typing with more difficulty than usual.

I am sure all the fire ants in your neighborhood are happy this week.

Good point. I have been trying to get my wife off that ladder: "People our age just put the lights on the low bushes--and call it good."

Ric
12-04-2012, 11:46 AM

Surgery has been canceled today because they want me to see a cardiologist first to be sign off for surgery.

I have an appointment today at 2:15 PM. hopefully I will get my wing fixed tomorrow sometime.

I blame all the BS delays on scum bag lawyer who prey on the medical profession with Malpractice suits.

44DCNF
12-04-2012, 12:07 PM
You're in my prayers Ric. You'll be good as new in no time. :weightlifter:

gregory
12-04-2012, 07:23 PM

Surgery has been canceled today because they want me to see a cardiologist first to be sign off for surgery.

I have an appointment today at 2:15 PM. hopefully I will get my wing fixed tomorrow sometime.

I blame all the BS delays on scum bag lawyer who prey on the medical profession with Malpractice suits.

you are so very right ric... good luck on your surgery...

Ric
12-04-2012, 09:31 PM

It is a simple matter of making a 4 inch incision and screwing a plate to both sides of the broken bone, not unlike a carpenter would fix a broken board. However I have to be in twilight sleep which is where the problem comes in. I had to go to a outside the VA cardiologist who was total A hole. even his staff admitted he was a jerk and not under their breath either. One nurse kindly said he was an excellent doctor with a horrible bed side manner. I would never go back to this doctor by my own choice.

I have a blocked bundle branch which 15 to 20% of the population has and my daughter tells me they don't treat it because it isn't a big deal. He wanted me to do a complete stress test next week before he would sign me off for surgery. HELLO next week I will be a permanent cripple because their is a time frame after even a simple break like mine. I finally convinced him to sign me off explaining that I run each day with no adverse effects. My resting heart rate is 60 and my BP is 110/70. I also told him I was 10 years older than him and looked 10 years younger than his gray haired fat a$$. Which BTW didn't seem to insult him which was the purpose because I was ready to hit him. What ever, he finally signed me off under the condition the surgery was done at his favorite hospital an not the VA. Because I have to use his favorite hospital the first appointment isn't until Thursday at 1:45pm which is pushing the window or opportunity a little. What do I care where the surgery is done, Obama is borrowing more money from China to pay for it. I just want my wrist fixed.

In the mean time my neighbor who works on a golf course get off a 1 PM. He will pull hose and be my left hand for the next month or so until the doctor signs me off to work. Of course he is a happy camper with the extra money for X mas.