PDA

View Full Version : turf tiger spindles

ryno23
12-06-2012, 11:39 AM
are the aftermarket spindles any good? they have them on ebay for $65 shipped. oem is about $180. i'll rebuild it before i buy the oem, just thought 65 was a good price but didn't know if they would last.

smitty's lawncare
12-06-2012, 12:24 PM
the company i worked for previously was wondering that same thing. they got the aftermarket spindles for their turf tigers and they did not last long at all. i know its a pretty hefty price, but i would definitely buy oem. plus scag spindles are probably one of the best in the entire industry.

herler
12-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Chances are your problem lies in the bearings, the dealer will probably want $50 for the parts set.

ryno23
12-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Chances are your problem lies in the bearings, the dealer will probably want $50 for the parts set.
thats why i thought about getting the aftermarket ones
Posted via Mobile Device

Nate'sLawnCare
12-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Look at it this way - I just replaced spindle bearings on a walk behind and the good bearings (SKF) were over $20 each, so that's $40 per spindle just for the bearings. If someone is selling the whole spindle for $65, they have to be using cheap bearings, almost no way around it.

scagman52
12-07-2012, 07:34 AM
are the aftermarket spindles any good? they have them on ebay for $65 shipped. oem is about $180. i'll rebuild it before i buy the oem, just thought 65 was a good price but didn't know if they would last.

So far I have replaced 2 spindles because of greese seal failing. never had any problems with the bearings. Both spindles were original scag. 1 had 1500 hrs and 1 had 300 hrs. I had bought 2 spindles on ebay for $45.00 each a while back and swapped them out. So far no problems with them and I replaced the seals on the other 2 and have them for backup.

Landscape Poet
12-07-2012, 08:02 AM

They would be worth the chance I would say. Even if they only lasted 1/3 as long ...you are essentially still even correct? Considering they will more than likely last longer than that you should come ahead.

orangemower
12-07-2012, 08:16 AM
You've wasted enough time contemplating what to buy and searching for a cheaper alternative so you've already spent money by wasting time. Time is money right? Just buy the oem spindles and rebuild the old ones for back ups. It's a tax right off so there is some benefit to the added cost outside the fix for the mower.

LandscaperPro
12-07-2012, 09:41 AM
We offer Aftermarket spindles and replacement bearing and shafts for these spindles.

http://www.landscaperpro.com/scag_14.aspx

These spindles are made by Raisman and Oregon.

Thanks,
Blake
Landscaper Pro

JCLawn and more
12-07-2012, 10:08 AM
You've wasted enough time contemplating what to buy and searching for a cheaper alternative so you've already spent money by wasting time. Time is money right? Just buy the oem spindles and rebuild the old ones for back ups. It's a tax right off so there is some benefit to the added cost outside the fix for the mower.

yes you saved a whole $2 on your taxes if your lucky.

ryno23
12-07-2012, 01:41 PM
thanks for the info guys, i'm solo so after my cleanups monday, i'll start getting it ready for next year or getting it cleaned up n fixed to sell
Posted via Mobile Device