PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to...

thelawnguy
08-19-2000, 01:54 PM
...GrassMaster? Ed from Turfquip? The link to Bill Phagans tips? CJCLandscape? Flintstone?

Eric ELM
08-19-2000, 02:03 PM
And don't forget Homer!! I heard that someone called him and his puter died and is in the shop. We might have to take a collection for a puter for Homer. :) Sort of miss his posts.

Eric ELM
08-19-2000, 02:05 PM
Bill Phagans tips link will be back up soon from what Chuck said.

Administrator
08-19-2000, 02:10 PM
Yea, I will put Bills articles back up soon.

GrassMaster is having problems with his login info.. we are working on getting him back online.

Don't know about Ed. He is prolly working on his site.

thelawnguy
08-19-2000, 02:10 PM
Everybody, please post the handle of any long lost souls, maybe we can hear from them again.

KirbysLawn
08-19-2000, 03:43 PM
What happened to "Turfer". Remember he bought the Toro 44" and was so excited but hasn't posted since? Maybe he's just mowing more now!

Guido
08-19-2000, 04:17 PM
I found ole Phil. I dropped him an e-mail 2 weeks ago but he never got back to me, not even an automated response!! :)

Last week I found him on Grassmasters site. Seems they started some landscaping discount thing over there?????

I don't know the deal with that program is, anyone know more than me??

bob
08-19-2000, 09:58 PM
Also Grasboy (A.K.A. $21.95 lawn cuts) and Grassboy.

Bobby
08-19-2000, 10:11 PM
Yea, and what about Carl (Southside). I hope he's not mowing for the crockodile hunter!!!!!

yardsmith
08-19-2000, 10:35 PM
Also was wondering about ole' Homer myself.
I thought maybe he moved, or upgraded computers, & wasn't up yet? Not sure......
We miss you Homer! :)

southside
08-20-2000, 04:10 AM
Bobby, I'm still here. I aint dead yet. :)

Karl

jaclawn
08-20-2000, 07:19 AM
LawnICure- Chuck, are you still running your lawn care business? Seems that the only posts you make here are regarding the forum.

Administrator
08-20-2000, 03:09 PM
Its Lawnicure ( like Manicure )

I only post about forum issues because thats all the time I have for.

GrassMaster
08-21-2000, 04:13 PM
Hello Everybody:

Thanks for asking about me & thanks for not saying bad things about me either? LOL, sometimes silence is golden & this is living proof?

I've been a lurker for a while & I do not see how you folks just lurk. If you unedcate & from JawJa that's ok too, I's here! If you can't spell or you do not have a spell checker, well that's ok too. Most of us cain't spel eyether? We just guess at them & let the others sortz it out? Sometimes our miss spelling can answer post 2 or 3 different ways!

All you lurkers just climb on aboard & register? Be Proud - Become a Member!

I would like to take this Golden Oppertunity to thank Chuck & Pierre-Luc Soucy for all the hard work they had to do for me to be able to get back into this forum! I use quite a few puters (I've multiple personalities & Quad Polar also) so it's hard for me to get logged in with them cookies in different puters & all that other High Tech Mumbo Jumbo Puter Stuff ?

My head is more like a 4 Barrel Holley Thermo Quad on a Aluminum Offenhauser High Rise Intake Manifold on a old Ford Lincoln Continental 460 bored & stroked running on Nitrous Oxide. So any ways LOL, my head is to busy to be thinking about how to get into this forum, so Chuck & Pierre-Luc put in quite a few hours just so I could come back in here with my same name the: GrassMaster, LOL, Gone but not forgotten! I yam what I yam!

Chuck did a lot of work & went to a lot of trouble for just 1 of his members? Thanks a million Chuck!!!!!

Btw: Any of you guys got any rain & if you unhappy with it, Please send it to us poor old folks down here in JawJa. We's burning up down here. We are working in temperatures in excess of 100 degrees & that's not the Wimps Heat Index Rating either. 2 days last week inside the shop it was 103. If you are getting rain & all your plants & grass getting water & alive, well all I can say is you need to thank God for it. Our grass, plants & trees are dying & the folks in all phases of the Green Industry here in our area are really getting a Bad Hurting put on them Dollar Wise! We got a inch yesterday & it added almost a foot to my lake. It's still low & need more water.

Well anyway I'm Back!

jaclawn
09-29-2000, 06:42 AM
Bill Phagan
Phil Nilsson
A-1

[Edited by jaclawn on 09-29-2000 at 11:02 AM]

Charles
09-29-2000, 07:37 AM
Maybe its time for an audit to see how many members this site actually has at this time

Eric ELM
09-29-2000, 07:44 AM
I talked to Homer last night and he said to say HI to everyone here. He will be back on line soon. :)

KirbysLawn
09-29-2000, 08:30 AM
Chuck, any ideas where Bill Phagen went?

Toroguy
09-29-2000, 06:20 PM
Have not heard read anything from Guido for awile.

Administrator
09-29-2000, 06:50 PM
Replacing Phagans tips with featured Turf Magazine articles.

I know.. its a sloooow process but it will get done. :)

Chuck

stslawncare
09-29-2000, 07:33 PM
hi everyone,
i talked to guido a few days ago, he has been working on this huge project for the army or military whatever he does. eric where has homer been? what did he have to say? i miss him to i learned a lot when he was posting.

Eric ELM
09-29-2000, 08:16 PM
First of all, Homer was shocked that I called him. He has his puter in the shop and has been very busy and hasn't even called to see if it is done or not. He said he would make sure he would check on it and get back on line soon. I told him we all miss him, so at least he knows he will be welcomed back. :)

bob
09-29-2000, 08:43 PM
How can Homer do it? I mean not go on Lawnsite. If I miss one day, I feel like my days not complete! I'd be calling the computer repair man every day!

KirbysLawn
09-29-2000, 08:48 PM
Maybe we can start a "Homer's new computer fund". ;)

stslawncare
09-29-2000, 09:25 PM
a true shocker for homer would be if we all called him!! whats the number?

turfquip
09-29-2000, 10:29 PM
flaming groovy award to turfquip...again

KirbysLawn
12-01-2000, 01:21 AM
Just thinking, haven't heard from...

ColumbiaPlower
Parrot
Bucktail
1Majortom

lately...

Greenkeepers
12-01-2000, 07:35 AM
Havn't heard from scag48 either lately or the 21.95 grasboy

little green guy
12-01-2000, 11:04 PM
Yah what DID happen to Grassboy, havn't heard from him since like may.

bob
12-02-2000, 08:05 PM
On a different thread, Southside said that Grasboy had an accident with a tub grinder!

little green guy
12-02-2000, 08:29 PM
oh yah, thats what happened to him I forgot.

1MajorTom
12-03-2000, 12:07 AM
Hiya Kirby,

Yep, we're still around. Our season here is near over, and we're already looking forward to next year. Definitely excited about upgrading equipment. Did a few demos in November. Ready to buy soon. Matt's been frequently using the search engine here checking out opinions on different equipment.

Also this year we did pretty well, but we knew we weren't able to reach our potential. We could have made a good killing with the weather being really good here, but I sorta hindered us. :)
We had to turn a lot of work away.
Never mentioned it before, but I was pregnant, so by the time August came, I wasn't much help, and I was basically pooped out.

I gave birth to our daughter on September 25th. We named her Breanna Nicole. We were blessed with a perfectly healthy baby, although I'm sure she was tired of hearing lawn mowers all summer long :)

We will be here all winter reading the site, and who knows, we might actually shock a few of you, and post tips or opinions here, instead of just gleaning the info and not contributing. Seriously though, when we do have something to say, someones already said it for us, and there's no use being redundant.

Ok, back to making Christmas cards for our customers. Want to get them sent out soon.

Jodi

RYAN
12-03-2000, 12:29 AM
Anyone been around long enough to remember Jim Lewis and Lewis lawn care. He was here a year or so ago long before a lot of you were around. Just wondering if he was still around or even still in the Biz. I bet Eric and a select few will remember him.

PS Eric I am having trouble getting on the chat room all the sudden. Help!

Eric ELM
12-03-2000, 12:38 AM
I remember Jim Lewis. A lot of guys post mostly in the winter time, so he could be one of them.

AOL has been having problems tonight and in the past week. Maybe it will start working better now. My AIM wouldn't even work this evening until a few minutes ago. Keep trying.

bob
12-03-2000, 07:14 PM
Have'nt heard from StICK-9, for a while.

jaclawn
12-10-2000, 11:15 AM
Attn. Class?

Schools Out?

Eric ELM
12-10-2000, 11:18 AM
School was dismissed until further notice.

KirbysLawn
07-06-2001, 03:09 AM
Well, dug this out...

Where is Bob? David Hertzog (remember Taco Bell)? Acute Cut?

Anyone else?

HOMER
07-06-2001, 06:57 AM
Here I is!

DID YA MISS ME?

Gone but not fergottun............Oh how I misses yall.

1MajorTom
07-06-2001, 07:40 AM
Quote: Where is Bob? David Hertzog (remember Taco Bell)? Acute Cut?

Acute Cut just recently posted on June 30, 2001. David and Bob haven't been around I don't think.

MOW ED
07-06-2001, 08:27 AM
I guess I must have missed it but what ever happened to Lazer, one of the original moderators.

Eric ELM
07-06-2001, 10:28 AM
I emailed Bob and he had to change shifts at his regular job. He is on days now and he gets home at 3:15 and goes right out to mow til dark. He said he is on vacation soon and he will have some time to post. :)

MowEd, I saw Lazer on here a few days ago. He decided to go big and give Chemlawn some competition, so he is putting all of his time into his work now. He said he didn't feel he had time to Moderate here, but he is still around. :)

Scag48
07-06-2001, 03:08 PM
Acute Cut posted on here about a week or so ago. I emailed him to see what he was up to and never recieved word from him. Anybody remember The Lawn Ranger? LOL.

MOW ED
07-06-2001, 09:16 PM
Thanks Eric, Lazer was a huge asset to Lawnsite and I learned a lot from him. Now don't you go gettin any similar ideas.