PDA

View Full Version : What battery charger booster?

meets1
12-09-2012, 07:26 PM
I thought I would ask with you heavy equipment guys. I have had one booster pak but it's not doing it anymore. I have equipment plus gas and diesel trucks. Is there on all around unit, brand etc that is good, better, best? Also what about amps? Our last one was around 650 and it was fine but I see some at 700 to 1000 with peak amps up to 2000. Can I hurt things if too big? I don't need the air compressor etc but having a light on the pak is a great benefit in the dark, cold, windy snow.

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
12-09-2012, 07:44 PM
If you dont care about being fancy,
We use a 900 crank amp. Battery with jump cables cut ina half and mounted too terminals.
When we are not using it it is hooked to a trickle charge.
Posted via Mobile Device

meets1
12-11-2012, 07:40 PM
I have done that as well but looking for the handheld unit that we can carry around, jump here to there etc. Any brands that are better than the other or is everything about the same?

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
12-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Check out jrc
Posted via Mobile Device

KTM
12-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Most have told me to get a Jump and Carry brand. Do not get a Peak brand! Most of the car guys I know do what was said above, Deep cycle on a hand cart and a trickle charger. a deep cycle marine battery is going to last much longer, I just replaced the one in my dump trailer that I bought in 04. That battery was discharged and recharged hundreds of times.