PDA

View Full Version : Your Current Software

tpatt09
12-11-2012, 05:16 PM
What software are you currently using? What do you wish it did for you that it doesn't do right now? Are you overcharged for it, or are you "stealing" it?

zackvbra
12-13-2012, 03:12 PM
I personally use microsoft word for creating and printing all my invoices, contracts, late payment notices, billing, work order forms, etc.

I also use microsoft excel to keep track of client information, client statements, invoices, payments, etc. I just write the invoices down during the day, when i get home at night, i update the spreadsheet. Its a good, no cost system I use and it works very well for me managing my 38 clients.

tonygreek
12-13-2012, 04:38 PM
Just search "software" and you'll find the feedback you seem to be looking for.

Here's a similar thread:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=392104

exmarkking
12-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Gopher software here
Posted via Mobile Device

Lawn Paul
12-13-2012, 07:21 PM
I really like LawnAid.com
everything is in the cloud. and they can mail bills for you as well.
handles everything.

coastie12
12-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Intuit quickbooks online for billing invoicing and financial stuff. And Microsoft word for making contracts, route sheets, and other documents.

Roger
12-18-2012, 05:05 PM
I personally use microsoft word for creating and printing all my invoices, contracts, late payment notices, billing, work order forms, etc.

I also use microsoft excel to keep track of client information, client statements, invoices, payments, etc. I just write the invoices down during the day, when i get home at night, i update the spreadsheet. Its a good, no cost system I use and it works very well for me managing my 38 clients.

Just curious, ... what are you using for financial management software? Neither Word or Excel is set up to track credit cards, bank charges, reconcile bank statements, etc. Also, Word or Excel in their base form is not equipped to deal with expenses, and categorizing expenses.

Why would you use these two tools, and then transfer your data to another software for financial management? Not only does this take time, but is prone to error. Financial management software includes the items you mentioned above, and does the other necessary tasks. Using a dual system (or triple?) seems time consuming and subject to errors in transferring data.

To the OP, I use QuickBooks and believe the money is very well spent to manage these tasks. It is less than most pieces of hand-held equipment (eg. trimmer). We expect to have good tools to do our lawn work, why would we skimp on managing finances? Most companies fail because of lack of good management of finances.

ralph02813
12-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Intuit quickbooks online for billing invoicing and financial stuff. And Microsoft word for making contracts, route sheets, and other documents.

Same here!

Brownlandscaping
12-18-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but, is anyone using a good landscape design program? I am looking for something that has excellent detail for hardscapes. I'm not so much concerned about plantings at this point, but a program with both would be awesome!