PDA

View Full Version : Butting up to an existing wall??

Dirt Boy
12-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Gents,
Have a potential job where there is an existing poured concrete "wing wall", and they wish to extend out from that with an SRW wall to the edge of the property.
Do you, or how do you start an SRW wall at the end of the poured wall and not step your SRW wall back the 3/4"/course?
Product - Anchor Diamond Pro

I have a few ideas, but am looking for more.

alldayrj
12-12-2012, 12:35 AM
Not familiar with the product but you could do a couple things. I would start the base course flush and let it step back and dowel it in with rebar or you could go slightly in front of the wall and cover it
Posted via Mobile Device

GreenLight
12-12-2012, 08:25 AM
Not intending to be a smart a$$, but can't you just use a non step back wall block that sits vertically square without a lip?

Dirt Boy
12-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Greenlight,
I offered that option (Versa Lok) but they liked, and I concur, that the Anchor looks better.

jbailey52
12-12-2012, 08:22 PM
My dad thought me two thing.
Never trust a man over 40 who chews gum
Never trust a man who says concur
:)

TomG
12-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Snap the lips off, slide them forward, and glue them. Then gradually step them back until you get back so you can use the lip. That's what we do and it works well, if we run into your problem. How high is the wall? If its over, say, a foot and a half I would use geo-grid in the section close to the poured wall. Safe than sorry.

Dirt Boy
12-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Snap the lips off, slide them forward, and glue them. Then gradually step them back until you get back so you can use the lip. That's what we do and it works well, if we run into your problem. How high is the wall? If its over, say, a foot and a half I would use geo-grid in the section close to the poured wall. Safe than sorry.

That's what I had in mind, would you dowel into the poured wall, especially if it's going to be 4' tall? Planned on using geo grid for sure.

TomG
12-13-2012, 07:15 PM
Personally we have never doweled into the poured wall. Definitely wouldn't hurt. Im sure you have way different soil than I do in NH, so if you think it would help, I would do it.