PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed cab w/ hand/foot controls or open cab w/ joysticks??

KrayzKajun
12-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Well in my search for a newer used tracked machine, ive come to the conclusion that in the price range i want to stay in (under $30k and low $20ks after trading in my mustang skid), i will not beable to get a cabbed machine with joystick controls.

so take into account i live in very southern louisiana. ive run accross some great deals on a few Tak TL130s and a few Bobcat T250s.

so what would you guys go for?
#1 Cabbed machine w/ hand & foot controls
#2 open cab w/ pilot/joystick controls

being im in the process of getting my new company up and rolling, plus i bought a new enclosed cab tractor a few months ago, and a baby due in May

im leaning towards, getting a open cab with joysticks(to save on fatigue when doin emergency response, etc..) and get a new machine cab/joysticks once the new company takes off.

all opinions are welcome. sorry for all the questions fellas:waving:

AEL
12-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Might want to look at a vertical lift path machine if you plan on loading trucks with debris , dirt etc
Posted via Mobile Device

JB1
12-12-2012, 02:18 PM
air and staying out of the elements are great and don't wear you out as bad.

KrayzKajun
12-12-2012, 02:54 PM
I really like the kubota svl75. Found three all 2011s 300-700hrs. Open cab/joystick/narrow tracks $28k, open cab/joystick/wide tracks $32k and enclosed cab/ joysticks/hydro quick attach $35k
Posted via Mobile Device

whiffyspark
12-12-2012, 02:59 PM
What about an aftermarket enclosure?
Posted via Mobile Device

RSK Property Maintenance
12-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Having the factory enclosed cab is worth a lot when its hot out you want ac, joysticks only are really nice too, much quicker then foot controls. My dads 06 mtl16 could drive up a fresh triaxle of loam in reverse and it wasn't a wide track. Still had the quick attach like his 97 does
Posted via Mobile Device

whiffyspark
12-12-2012, 03:05 PM
One more thing. Have you used pilot controls? Some people don't like them.

Sometimes they have a slight delay or the biggest thing I've noticed is I can't spin around as fast using pilot controls. At least on bobcats
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun
12-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Ive got over 1000hrs on operating Cat joysticks and a few hundred on tak/mustang. Im pretty quick with hand/foot controls on my mustang skid.
Posted via Mobile Device

whiffyspark
12-12-2012, 03:17 PM
I was just asking I like joysticks for precise and/or Long tasks. I use foot controls for loading trucks and stuff. Personal preference.

I'm looking at buying my own skid and/or a mini ex with mowers that's why I've been paying attention to your threads lol
Posted via Mobile Device

dozerman21
12-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

dozerman21
12-12-2012, 04:10 PM
I would save/pay the extra for a cab and controls you want. Unless you find a smokin deal and can sell it in a year for the same money, you'll be wanting to upgrade and regret not getting the machine you want. The payments probably wouldn't be much more in the end. I wouldn't even consider Hand/Foot controls, they're archaic to what's available now for an often used machine. A cab machine is the only way I'll go, again if it's an often used/primary machine.
Posted via Mobile Device

AEL
12-12-2012, 06:32 PM
I completely agree with dozer man , spend the extra money now and get the machine that you want
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun
12-12-2012, 06:42 PM
I completely agree with dozer man , spend the extra money now and get the machine that you want
Posted via Mobile Device

If i can get the price on the kubota with cab, in the range i want then i will go with that.
Posted via Mobile Device

AWJ Services
12-12-2012, 07:06 PM
The difference between 40k and 30k is peanuts on a payment.
The differnce on a 30k vs 40k loan for 4 years at 10% is about 200.00 a month. If you cannot afford the extra 200 dollars you really just do not need to buy a new machine. The TL240 I posted was 40k and the high flow alone will open mulching avenues. You will not find a high quality CTL with low hours for 30k.

Cornell
12-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Have any auctions new you coming up soon? Richie Bros, etc?

Sometimes you can get lucky there, or look for a repo'd machine.

With the way financing is now I'd rather buy a new machine vs. a used one especially if you can find a rental machine from a dealer.

Actually looking to replace "spare" Case 85xt tired machine with 2400hrs for a new Tier 3 Bobcat S770. A heater that continually breaks and an older cramped machine isn't worth freezing in for 18 hours straight all night when its 0 degrees out.

Cornell
12-12-2012, 11:20 PM
http://www.rbauction.com/2008-takeuchi-tl240?invId=3589743&id=ci

This is going here on Saturday. Nice machine IMO

TriCountyLawn
12-13-2012, 01:27 AM
I have always felt like the foot pedals can put the working on ya vs the joysticks but if I had to choose between a cab or not. It gets miserable hot here so I cant imagine being in the south with no ac.

AWJ Services
12-13-2012, 07:04 AM
I have always felt like the foot pedals can put the working on ya vs the joysticks but if I had to choose between a cab or not. It gets miserable hot here so I cant imagine being in the south with no ac.

Where I am at it is the dust more than anything. We go months without rain during the summer.

stuvecorp
12-13-2012, 01:02 PM
Get a machine with everything, the little more upfront is nothing compared to being stuck with a machine that doesn't fit your business. I think your main machine(what ever it is) should be just as comfortable as your truck is. Think about it, you are likely to spend really long hours in a machine in bad conditions and having air with low effort controls is priceless or not getting rained on?

It is too hard to sell equipment sometimes I have found.

What was wrong with that Kubota you posted?

KrayzKajun
12-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Im waiting to hear back on the kubota.
Posted via Mobile Device

norsky
12-14-2012, 11:00 PM
if you are thinking of getting a new machine once you are on your feet, i would get a machine now that will get you by for awhile (saving you a little money) and then buying one that you really want.

KrayzKajun
12-15-2012, 09:42 AM
May have found be a deal forsale private party. 06' T300 w/ 1100hrs, full cab/joystick controls, dirt bucket and forks for $25k. Guy is retiring from tree business.
Posted via Mobile Device

SRT8
12-15-2012, 09:44 AM
May have found be a deal forsale private party. 06' T300 w/ 1100hrs, full cab/joystick controls, dirt bucket and forks for $25k. Guy is retiring from tree business.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats a good deal.
Posted via Mobile Device

Digdeep
12-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Check to see if the drive motors have been changed. They had a lot of drive motor failures related to heat due to material clogging around them.

KrayzKajun
12-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Well no good on tht one. Guys just emailed me back. He sold it yesterday. O well keep on looking. I did find a 2005 Tak TL140 , one owner w/ 700hrs. Open cab, dirt bucket and 2way dozer blade for $24k
Posted via Mobile Device

david bailey
12-26-2012, 05:36 PM
I traded my Tak 130 for a 140 in 08. I got it with a cab and a 4 in 1 bucket(a must have). I already had a set of forks and a grapple bucket. I think I put about $5k down and my payments are $770 a month with the price at $52k new. I'm down to $8k and then I own it. It's a great machine. Adding a cab cost about $4k more which isn't much per month. But it sure is nice on the hot muggy days here in NC or the few cold days we get. Mostly,no dust,and no bugs! Small price to pay for a good loader