PDA

View Full Version : New Stihl blower BR700?

HenryB
12-13-2012, 03:05 PM
I've heard this is coming soon any one hear anything? Redmax has a monopoly on big backpacks.

Ridin' Green
12-13-2012, 05:24 PM
I asked the Stihl rep at the local dealership's open house this spring if a larger blower like a 650 or 700 or something along those lines were possible in the future, and he said absolutely not. Stihl felt that going larger than the 600 was not the right direction for the company to move because the machine would have to be larger and heavier, matching or exceeding the competition, so it would negate one of their advantages they have over the competition right now. Plus the EPA is making things ever harder for companies to design new and better products that can improve much over what's available currently.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see just such a blower come out. Hopefully if it does, it'll be a 2 stroke.

yardguy28
12-13-2012, 05:30 PM
I've heard this is coming soon any one hear anything? Redmax has a monopoly on big backpacks.

maybe in your opinion.

i don't buy anything but stihl for backpacks.

i have access to redmax and i think very, very little of there backpacks. so i wouldn't call that a monopoly.

not in my area anyway. stihl seems to be the brand of choice in my neck of the woods for almost all handhelds.

herler
12-13-2012, 07:06 PM
They ought to come out with a 300cc water-cooled turbo EFI dual overhead cam, nah just kidding...
Call it the BFB

But something along the lines of a 75 to 90 cc's wouldn't hurt, the 600 is awesome but it is not the most powerful BP
And I've asked, even suggested to Stihl what you speak of, and their answer was huffy, stuck up.

So, use Husqvarna.

kawasaki guy
12-13-2012, 07:07 PM
If it has a 4 mix it is a :nono: blower. I think the smaller 4-mix machines like the trimmers are fine, but I think the big ones like the backpacks would need too many valve adjustments from running on wide open throttle all the time.

Ridin' Green
12-13-2012, 08:16 PM
If it has a 4 mix it is a :nono: blower. I think the smaller 4-mix machines like the trimmers are fine, but I think the big ones like the backpacks would need too many valve adjustments from running on wide open throttle all the time.

That's not correct at all bro. It is a recommended one time adjustment at 139 hours, and even at that Stihl says " if necessary".

knox gsl
12-13-2012, 08:22 PM

I've been running the 4mix blowers for the last 4 years and never adjusted anything. Replaced the filter and plug once and they start by the second pull even on cold days.

jbell36
12-13-2012, 08:46 PM
yeah we run all stihl, and have been very pleased overall...i don't really understand why more power is needed, we are perfectly happy with the 600's...and to be honest, we would probably be happy with something a little smaller, just haven't looked in to it, and probably won't...i would imagine we will buy one more 600 for next season, i like to keep everything the same

kawasaki guy
12-13-2012, 08:48 PM
That's not correct at all bro. It is a recommended one time adjustment at 139 hours, and even at that Stihl says " if necessary".
I've been running the 4mix blowers for the last 4 years and never adjusted anything. Replaced the filter and plug once and they start by the second pull even on cold days.

That's just what I think. I could be wrong... And I think I am wrong...

yardguy28
12-14-2012, 06:46 AM
yeah we run all stihl, and have been very pleased overall...i don't really understand why more power is needed, we are perfectly happy with the 600's...and to be honest, we would probably be happy with something a little smaller, just haven't looked in to it, and probably won't...i would imagine we will buy one more 600 for next season, i like to keep everything the same

yeah I feel the same as you. not really sure why more power needed. I feel the 600 is efficient for most anything.

but then again that's in my market with the kind of debris and leaves I have to move. other areas may have a little different situation and need something more powerful to save time and money.

orangemower
12-14-2012, 07:07 AM

You're thinking too much. You don't have to reply to every post just to make it look like you know what's going on.

orangemower
12-14-2012, 07:09 AM
That's just what I think. I could be wrong... And I think I am wrong...

Here it is again. You're thinking too much. Heck you're even admitting you're wrong.

johnnybravo8802
12-16-2012, 08:36 AM
Yea, I'm not sure where you came up with that one either. You could probably go to any dealer in this country and if you only found one product, it will more than likely be Stihl. I've even seen a lot of dealers around here who were selling Stihl and other products, get rid of the other products and keep only Stihl. I've had other products and end up right back at Stihl.

Ridin' Green
12-16-2012, 12:26 PM
I think what Henry is saying is that RM is the only company that makes a BP as powerful as theirs (since Husky owns RM, the 8500 and 580 are the same blower), not that RM rules the BP marKet in amount of sales.