PDA

View Full Version : The city got new leaf rigs

944own
12-13-2012, 11:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zot-NGdaXGA
Looks like a sweet setup.

White Gardens
12-14-2012, 12:52 AM
My god, how much money did they waste on that video.

TXNSLighting
12-14-2012, 01:23 AM
Tax payer money used wisely...

NJDLLC
12-14-2012, 12:49 PM
My god, how much money did they waste on that video.

Looks like a standard Apple IMovie template. So not much. I'd be more worried about the money they spent on the setup.....

RandRlawns
12-14-2012, 01:29 PM
How do you guys suggest doing a big leaf job if you don't have this rig? I have a big job coming up and trying to plan on the most efficient way to do the work. My tools include blowers, rakes, a tarp and trash bags. How do you guys collect leaves most efficiently? Would it be better to mulch the leaves with my mower first, then blow and collect? Any info is appreciated. Thanks! If I get enough of these jobs, maybe I'll be able to get a used billy goat next year.

944own
12-14-2012, 01:38 PM
That thing is sweet you don't even have to have someone manually working the hose. But yea they bought 9 of them. I'm sure that cost some coin.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oldtimer
12-14-2012, 05:10 PM
No overtime, no sick days, no vacations, no strikes, they show up on time every day and no retirement pay for 40 years after they are junked.

Oldtimer

ed2hess
12-14-2012, 08:11 PM
I don't understand the city picking up leaves. It is our cities goal that there is less stuff being picked up. YOu must not have any greenies in your area. And that sucking truck looks painfully slow to me and a boring job.

Tharrell
12-14-2012, 08:18 PM
I sold my loader last year to a member on here from Roanoke, VA.
Seems the city stopped doing that and it opened up a lot of business for the little guys like us.
I would have kept it if I really had a need for it.

wrtenterprises
12-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Here @ PSU, the local municipalities have been migrating to these rigs for 3-4 seasons now. Immediately made a (3) man process an easy (1) employee task. They do a much better job than the old leaf loader way, are much more efficient, and save money in the long term. Upfront cost is large, but the savings come in many different ways...

Sharps_lawn&landscaping
01-17-2013, 11:31 PM
Ha I watched the video and realized it was in my town . I have seen these trucks all over. Sure they cost 80 grand each

Smallaxe
01-18-2013, 11:50 AM
I don't understand the city picking up leaves. It is our cities goal that there is less stuff being picked up. YOu must not have any greenies in your area. And that sucking truck looks painfully slow to me and a boring job.

Whatever debris the city does not clean up,,, eventually ends up in the storm sewer, which ends up in the rivers, lakes and streams... The idea of being Green means Stupidity in most cases,,, for sure,,, and leaving the concrete jungle to be washed into the aquafers is definately Stupid... :)