PDA

View Full Version : Ferris kawaski

xxl
12-14-2012, 06:50 PM
A friends mower has 19 hp kawi on my 48 inch ferris. Yesterday i was mowing when all of a sudden a rod came though the block. The mower is four years old. Its the fh kai series. My friend stores it outsidfe do you think that could have cuase the rod to fail. oil was fine not on a hill. So what dfo you think new engine or short block or new mower any thoughts?

Patriot Services
12-14-2012, 07:00 PM
New engine. Parts sometimes have unforseeable flaws in their manufacturing process. Tolerances stack up, put together on Friday at 5, whatever reason things sometimes fail for no apparent reason. Sucks but what can you do?
Posted via Mobile Device

BigFish
12-14-2012, 07:04 PM
A friends mower has 19 hp kawi on my 48 inch ferris. Yesterday i was mowing when all of a sudden a rod came though the block. The mower is four years old. Its the fh kai series. My friend stores it outsidfe do you think that could have cuase the rod to fail. oil was fine not on a hill. So what dfo you think new engine or short block or new mower any thoughts?

Shouldn't have.
I've seen quite a few blown up Kaw. motors lately, last one had the starter knocked off by the rods.
New motor, stay away from Kaw.

Schrock Lawns
12-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Happened to my 29 hp Kawi with 359 hours and one year old
Posted via Mobile Device

xxl
12-14-2012, 10:03 PM
So who these days is making a good engine? I have the old kawi FB 460V and they are well over 15 years of service. Thats why i been such a kawi fan