PDA

View Full Version : Hayes trailer brake controller

mrsops
12-14-2012, 08:26 PM
Has anyone ever came across the letters OC flashing on there brake controller when steping on the brakes with the trailer connected?? I used my new towmaster trailer the other day and the controller says p when im driving then when i apply brakes it works just fine...

My interstate trailer is flashing OC when my trailer is connected. So i know it cant be the truck thats the problem, What the hell is going on??

tailboardtech
12-14-2012, 09:02 PM
OC means open connection so it could be anything from the brakes need replaced on the trailer to a broken wire somewhere. The P just means you have Power to the controller
Posted via Mobile Device

mrsops
12-14-2012, 09:04 PM
It has to be a wire because this trailer is only a year old!! I looked all over and didnt see anything broke maybe i missed something
Posted via Mobile Device

bobcatoh
12-14-2012, 09:42 PM
If the magnets have enough wear on them, the internal coil shorts out to the brake drum. It will give the oc message.

I always change them when new pads are installed.

In fact I just install the whole backing plate assembly.

The best thing to do is switch them out to electric over hydraulic disc breaks.

That's what I have done on my trailers.

mrsops
12-14-2012, 09:50 PM
If the magnets have enough wear on them, the internal coil shorts out to the brake drum. It will give the oc message.

I always change them when new pads are installed.

In fact I just install the whole backing plate assembly.

The best thing to do is switch them out to electric over hydraulic disc breaks.

That's what I have done on my trailers.

I can't see the magnets being worn out I don't use this trailer much maybe once a week if that..

mrsops
12-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Very strange the trailer is being used today and the oc hasnt come up
Posted via Mobile Device

ksss
12-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Make sure that the plug is seated solidly in the receptical. Sometimes I get the same thing if its not seated fully.

mrsops
12-15-2012, 02:38 PM
Im thinking thats what it has to be
Posted via Mobile Device