PDA

View Full Version : Webstie Feedback

ryan41
12-15-2012, 01:13 AM
Just looking for some feedback on my website. I haven't had time to set up the photo gallery yet so i just have it linked to my facebook page. Thanks!!

www.osmannlawn.com

DannyLot
12-15-2012, 06:55 AM
I like it clean cut an to the point looks professional

tonygreek
12-15-2012, 10:41 AM
- left-align your text. we're not conditioned to read center-aligned paragraphs of information.

- services page: the list of maintenance services is center-aligned and looks awkward, while the landscaping services next to it is left-aligned and looks great.

- if i'm a potential customer, the about us page really does nothing to sell me. from the high school picture to the content ("the countless dead-end jobs", and looking at the time frame that you lay out, it reads to me like you have no idea what you wanted to do, decided landscaping was it, and here you are doing it a week/month/year? later.), it's just not what i see as portraying a professional company. it's great you're going to school to learn horticulture/landscaping, but it reads as if you may not know what you're doing now, but you will in a couple of years. if you're going to have it, the info should probably be updated to say you're in the program as we're well past august. it boils down to giving the customer the short and long term confidence in your company.

- the pics on your home and services page are each over 300k. you can accomplish the same look by optimizing them down to somewhere in the 30k range.

- Beyond the xml sitemap, your site has virtually zero SEO. I'd read these and then address your TITLE/META DESCRIP/H tag issues. you'll want to look at Google or SEOmoz's beginner SEO guides and pay particular attention to the various tags, such as H, TITLE, Meta Descriptions, etc.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fwebmasters%2Fdocs%2Fsearch-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf

http://www.seomoz.org/beginners-guide-to-seo

ryan41
12-16-2012, 10:03 PM
- left-align your text. we're not conditioned to read center-aligned paragraphs of information.

- services page: the list of maintenance services is center-aligned and looks awkward, while the landscaping services next to it is left-aligned and looks great.

- if i'm a potential customer, the about us page really does nothing to sell me. from the high school picture to the content ("the countless dead-end jobs", and looking at the time frame that you lay out, it reads to me like you have no idea what you wanted to do, decided landscaping was it, and here you are doing it a week/month/year? later.), it's just not what i see as portraying a professional company. it's great you're going to school to learn horticulture/landscaping, but it reads as if you may not know what you're doing now, but you will in a couple of years. if you're going to have it, the info should probably be updated to say you're in the program as we're well past august. it boils down to giving the customer the short and long term confidence in your company.

- the pics on your home and services page are each over 300k. you can accomplish the same look by optimizing them down to somewhere in the 30k range.

- Beyond the xml sitemap, your site has virtually zero SEO. I'd read these and then address your TITLE/META DESCRIP/H tag issues. you'll want to look at Google or SEOmoz's beginner SEO guides and pay particular attention to the various tags, such as H, TITLE, Meta Descriptions, etc.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fwebmasters%2Fdocs%2Fsearch-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf

http://www.seomoz.org/beginners-guide-to-seo

Thanks, I will have to take a look at that website because i have no idea what any of that means (xml sitemap, etc..).
I'll work on the about us page but i think the service page looks pretty good. I tried having in all left aligned but it didn't look that good.

mikesturf
12-24-2012, 09:36 AM
Lake Geneva,Waukesha (put a space in between words)

I don't like the first picture. Leaves on the grass.

Is this the typical house/property you are selling to?

I hate the idea of "We are relatively new". Get rid of that.

I really like : We are known for
our distinct attention to detail, and dedication for
customer satisfaction. this makes you sound like a seasoned veteran and a company people would want to call!

On the "about us" page "He is currently attending Blackhawk Technical
College, Horticulture/Landscape program. When finished with this degree, he will become more knowledgeable in this field. "
Change to something like, his training and certification in the Horticulture and Landscape program at Blackhawk Technical College will insure your lawn and landscape will be the envy of the neighborhood.

In the "about us" section I'm not crazy about "Ryan Osmann has been mowing lawns since the age of 13. He has always enjoyed doing
landscape jobs throughout high school. During high school he took several horticulture,
agriculture & landscaping classes that he learned a great deal of information from. After
graduating from East Troy High School in 2010, he took some time to figure out what he
wanted to do for a career. After working countless dead-end jobs he found what he loved to
do, which is landscaping. With his entrepreneurial drive & motivation, he started Osmann
Lawn & Landscape Management LLC. He is currently attending Blackhawk Technical
College, Horticulture/Landscape program. When finished with this degree, he will become
more knowledgeable in this field. "

This makes you sound like a new company. You want to sound like a veteran who knows his stuff. Tell the customer what you are going to do for their yard.

Your "contact us" and "services" tabs look great.

Good luck.

CLS_Birmingham
12-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Looks good. Listen to TonyGreek. He's been more than helpful with handling some SEO problems I've been having.