PDA

View Full Version : Would it be rude?

gibbonsballer10
12-15-2012, 08:16 PM
to send a Christmas card along with the final invoice?
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun
12-15-2012, 09:12 PM
I send christmas cards to all my customers residential and especially commercial/industrial, with a business card in each one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Above Par Lawns
12-15-2012, 09:26 PM
I'd send them separate.
Posted via Mobile Device

knox gsl
12-15-2012, 09:38 PM
I sent mine seperate and not on the same day.

JB1
12-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Not rude. Just tacky
Posted via Mobile Device

Monroe74
12-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Separate and not even the same week

wbw
12-16-2012, 09:14 AM
Just buy the extra stamp.

AI Inc
12-16-2012, 09:16 AM
I sent mine seperate and not on the same day.

what he said.

orangemower
12-16-2012, 10:28 AM
all of the above....

Bunton Guy
12-16-2012, 02:09 PM
I don't because im not sure which are Jewish or any other religion.

gallihergreen
12-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Just buy the extra stamp.
X2
Posted via Mobile Device

jsslawncare
12-16-2012, 06:19 PM
yes and tacky

Wayne's Lawn Service
12-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Sounds like this one is covered

GreenI.A.
12-16-2012, 07:58 PM
When I first read "final invoice" I was thinking along the lines of you were dropping the customer. Sending their final invoice saying we won't be servicing your property next year, but have a Merry Christmas.

We send out a card. The cover has a winter scene on it and the inside has a messege along the lines of "wishing you and your family a happy holiday season" it then has my signature with president printed under it. If it is a client who is used to seeing a particular employee as a representative, for example someone on one of our fert routes, then the tech will sign it as well with fert-tech under the signature. The back of the card does have the company logo and contact info on it.

Last season I did the cards that get printed with all of the employees signatures, but chances are most of my clients have never talked to or seen most of my guys. So I only have someone sign it if they are pertinent to the account. I do try to stear away from anything that mentions anything to do with business. I have gotten then from companies who have a call of action in the card, those go right in the trash as I see it as an advertisement. Even ones that come with "thank you for your business" do not go on the mantle with the other cards I receive.

We stick with the "happy Holidays" as a large part of our service area is in a large Jewish community. We work in some of the most democrat towns in MA, some of the Christians there would probably call us out as being offensive if the cards said Merry Christmas, as they would be afraid of us offending their neighbors. What is funny we actually have a Jehovah Witness Kingdom Hall that we service, they got a "Happy Holidays" card from us as well.