PDA

View Full Version : Which tire? Kenda K500 2pr or 4pr?

tyledbetter
12-15-2012, 11:39 PM
I have a grasshopper 727k, and currently run the kenda super turf k500 2 ply. I know the 4 ply is touger, but what are the benefits to having a 2 ply/4ply, and which is best on this model? Also, are there rounded and semi-square k500's? If so which is best?

tyledbetter
12-16-2012, 12:08 AM
also where can I find them online? I can only find one set of 2 ply 22 x 10 x 10.

dutch1
12-16-2012, 07:37 AM
Check Martin Wheel http://www.martinwheelco.com/node/11183

Richard Martin
12-16-2012, 07:43 AM
Always get a 4 ply. Not only is the tire stronger but it will also resist punctures way better.

Round vs. square is just a case of personal preference. I have round turf tires on my Dixie and the tire still sits flat on the ground. Naturally, the more air you put into a rounded would make the center of the tread bulge more easily. You'd end up with a reduced contact patch with the ground. That increases traction with a turf tire but it also increases turf damage from rutting.

When I shop for tires I let Google do the searching. Don't be afraid to click on a link to some obscure website that you don't think has the part you're looking for. I ended up buying my mower blades from an outdoor grill store. They had the best price with lowest shipping. Who knew?