PDA

View Full Version : Huge power equipment theft ring broken up

Richard Martin
12-19-2012, 05:04 AM
They have closed down a huge outdoor power equipment theft ring in my area. I posted a similar story a couple of years ago.

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/5-Arrested-In-Million-Dollar-Theft-Ring-In-19-ENC-Counties-184038191.html

Duekster
12-19-2012, 06:19 AM
Them people in charlotte need to stop buying stolen goods.

Richard Martin
12-19-2012, 06:34 AM
Well the good news is they recovered half of the equipment. The bad news is half of the equipment is probably gone forever.

I live on a dead end street and I'm always watching the street. I try to be wary of anything that doesn't look right. I do from time to time see vehicles in the neighborhood that just don't belong here. This area has an ongoing history of OPE thieves too. Locating potential OPE to steal is easy enough thanks to Google.

I do have some decent security of which I won't discuss. My equipment is also covered by a replacement policy written by State Farm.

Duekster
12-19-2012, 06:37 AM
Well the good news is they recovered half of the equipment. The bad news is half of the equipment is probably gone forever.

I live on a dead end street and I'm always watching the street. I try to be wary of anything that doesn't look right. I do from time to time see vehicles in the neighborhood that just don't belong here. This area has an ongoing history of OPE thieves too. Locating potential OPE to steal is easy enough thanks to Google.

I do have some decent security of which I won't discuss. My equipment is also covered by a replacement policy written by State Farm.

I am not sure how to read that. It says they recovered half the value.... :waving:

Richard Martin
12-19-2012, 06:51 AM
I am not sure how to read that. It says they recovered half the value.... :waving:

The local TV news here sucks. What can I say. :laugh:

GMLC
12-19-2012, 06:57 AM

Good for you Richard! I do the same, always have an eye open for something out of place in the neiborhood.
Posted via Mobile Device

dstifel
12-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Anyone that has ever had anything stolen should get to shin kick those people before they go to jail. Thats something they would remember when they get out and they wouldn't steal **** again.

Kelly's Landscaping
12-19-2012, 03:58 PM
Anyone that has ever had anything stolen should get to shin kick those people before they go to jail. Thats something they would remember when they get out and they wouldn't steal **** again.

Way to kind put them on an island with the victims and tell everyone there will be no trial and if they survive the day they will be let go. Then tell them what happens on the island stays on the island! Were be back tomorrow to pick everyone up.

chuacro
12-22-2012, 02:25 AM
I own 2 houses and my neighbor 3 and another 2 on the same block. A dude down the street was hanging out in front of our homes and we went out and had block meeting. The dude decided to go home and few minutes latter a car came by and looked at us and sped off. We talked to the neighbor and have not seen dude since. You have to look out for each other. If the person that stole my blower last year had to spend 3 extra days raking leaves he would understand that I will not let it happen again.

herler
12-22-2012, 09:04 AM
It gets to the point, they're lucky if the cops get to them first.

But at the same rate, no serial number(s) = no case.