PDA

View Full Version : Mulch Blowers

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes
12-21-2012, 03:23 PM
I am interested in offering mulch blowing. Where can I find good equipment and information to add this service. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

jrs.landscaping
12-21-2012, 03:35 PM
www.finnbarkblowers.com/

Finn is what a lot of guys around here use.

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes
12-21-2012, 05:26 PM
How much do they go for?
Posted via Mobile Device

jrs.landscaping
12-21-2012, 06:34 PM
50k and up

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes
12-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Any sites that sell used equipment?
Posted via Mobile Device

Duekster
12-21-2012, 07:38 PM
There was someone with a unit for sale on this site

T Scapes
12-22-2012, 11:54 AM
http://hydroseedersforsale.com/Finn_BarkBlowers_ForSale.asp also check out machinery trader and just enter the manufacturer as finn

sven1277
12-22-2012, 07:07 PM
I considered a bark blower one year when I was doing about 300yds of mulch installed. Even the smallest new Finn blower is around $30k. I estimated I needed to do about 1000yds per year minimum to make the investment worth it.

knoxlandscape
12-29-2012, 05:09 PM
I have a Finn BB605 for sale for 39k. Its in the equipment for sale listings.

nonamelandscaping
01-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Finn 302 Bark Blower is the best on the market. As you know they are 50K plus new but can be bought used for under 20k easily. You need to know that a mulch blower isn't always the fastest or best way to apply mulch. If the mulch is really dry and you are blowing around a house the fine dust will get into the windows and all over. Also the start up and shut down time is pretty timely( pulling out the hoses & hooking up). So if the job is say 4 yards its not worth using the blower. Now a blower is amazing on large berms, commercial projects and highways islands etc. When buying used be sure to see what condition the hoes is in as the hoes can easily cost 8 dollar a foot to replace. There are also many wear parts that will need to be replaced on used one as well, but FINN is a GREAT company and you can easily get all the parts very quick. I have owned my 302 for about 7 year... id like to say I use it alot. But just like installing mulch by hand, spring time is crazy busy and late fall is pretty busy as well. But there is a lot of down time where the machine just sits. Some years it sits over 8 months of the year and we are a larger landscape firm. Its not like a skid steer that can be used almost 12 months of the year. Keep that in mind when you go to buy a specailty piece of equipment like that. I have about every specailty landscape equipment made so I know the ins/out and up and down of each one. Just don't want to spend money inless you really have the work for it. Id say you need to install a min of 1,000 yards a year to get the benifits of a blower. Again this is just my thoughts and ideas, coming from someone that actaully does mulch blowing. With a site like this you will get my different responses.

snowracer919
01-15-2013, 12:00 PM
Hey noname would you happen to know your average per yard installation time when your using a bark blower.

blowerman
01-28-2013, 12:57 PM
As the owner of two 40 yard bark blower trucks, I could post endless information about them on this forum. Considering they are a very specialized piece of equipment, I'd rather talk directly to guys interested in buying one by phone. Just PM me your contact.
I will post: if you are a capable business owner, but a smaller company, blower trucks will make you money.
Some of the biggest things you need to know, how to weld, diagnose, repair, motivate. Breakdowns on trucks are never ending. Motivations because the season is short in some areas and you'll work non stop.

nonamelandscaping
01-28-2013, 04:19 PM
Craiglist, equipment trader. ebay. Just seaching used Finn usually pulls them up. I know Finn typically has some demo and used ones, and you can contact there corp location direct. Not a bad way to go as they go thru them to insure they are good to go. There are SOO many ware parts that cost a lot, but again its not an off brand. You can contact Finn direct and tell them your mod and they have all parts in stock and will ship out VERY fast. With our bad econ and not much snow in the past few years Id guess there will be all kinds of equipment up for sale in the next few months.

nonamelandscaping
01-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Its going to vary on a lot of things because of the start up and shut down times. How many yards are going in one spot. How much to work around plants, beds house etc. But on a complete average id say 12 yards when considering all factors. Again I had crews do 4 yards in an hr and i had a crew do 30 in an hr because it was a large island bed. The machine is only as good as the guys running it. Sorry it's not a set answer.. but as you know if you are in this line of work... nothing is the same, nothing goes as planned and you will never get paid what you are truely worth!!