PDA

View Full Version : Re-starting my company- have the truck-trailer... Engagement ring?? lol

Lazer Cut
12-21-2012, 03:32 PM
So I finally got the truck narrowed down and bought it... still looking for dedicated work truck though.

bought a 2004 f150 stx off my dad and have a gatormade trailer lined up...

so kicking back this past sunday I look over at my beautiful girlfriend and realize how much she's put up with... i was going to go out and get a used zero turn... looks like I'll be getting a walk behind for a little less instead because I booked us a cruise and bought her an engagement ring for christmas...

Taking the PLUNGE!!! so let's hope she says yes ha! :laugh:

KrayzKajun
12-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Congrats. Been married for 3yrs. I love mine to dearh. She puts up with my crap. And is due may 27th with our first child
Posted via Mobile Device

jrs.landscaping
12-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Congrats :clapping: Sometimes it's good to use our money for things other than iron.

Lazer Cut
12-21-2012, 04:02 PM
Thanks guys!! I've had the ring since this past Sunday and it's been burning a hole in my pocket lol... going to propose on Christmas...

two days ago I met up (secretly) with her dad at a local bar and showed him the ring and asked for his blessing... thank lord he said yes lol the mans 6' 4'' and a solid 250 ha!

I have a 3 an a half year old and his mom bailed on him at 11 months so finding someone that my son gets along with so well was amazing. Can't wait to ask her to be my wife!

Yes very true... i'll take a walk behind for another year or so then get a zero turn... at least I'll have a beautiful wife by my side by that point.

JContracting
12-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Congrats man!! I think having a wife and a delay of upgrading to a ZTR is certainly worth it!
I definitely like the deal of secretly asking her dad.

I look forward to the day I find a legit girl and ask her father if I can marry his daughter.

Lazer Cut
12-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Congrats man!! I think having a wife and a delay of upgrading to a ZTR is certainly worth it!
I definitely like the deal of secretly asking her dad.

I look forward to the day I find a legit girl and ask her father if I can marry his daughter.

Thanks man!!! I was with my kid's mom for 2.5 years and I thought I had the right one ha. This relationship I have now is something so different... I'm 21 and she is about to be 24... has her act together... (bought a house at 22, car paid for in cash... savings account building up) she has been doing really well for herself... and is very open with me and my son... she she's herself as another member to the family and treats my son as her own... so meeting someone that understood me and what I work for was awesome. She's a keeper that's for sure.

She has no idea I bought her a ring... I've been playing the money is tight past 2-3 months because I was saving up for it... so she'll def have a christmas to remember!

and if she doesnt say yes (God forbid) then I'll have me a nice zero turn ha!

JContracting
12-21-2012, 06:01 PM
Thanks man!!! I was with my kid's mom for 2.5 years and I thought I had the right one ha. This relationship I have now is something so different... I'm 21 and she is about to be 24... has her act together... (bought a house at 22, car paid for in cash... savings account building up) she has been doing really well for herself... and is very open with me and my son... she she's herself as another member to the family and treats my son as her own... so meeting someone that understood me and what I work for was awesome. She's a keeper that's for sure.

She has no idea I bought her a ring... I've been playing the money is tight past 2-3 months because I was saving up for it... so she'll def have a christmas to remember!

and if she doesnt say yes (God forbid) then I'll have me a nice zero turn ha!

It's a win, win!

That's awesome to hear. I'm jealous you have someone that really has her stuff together! More so than I do! Still live with my parents, unfortunately, I'm searching for houses as I type this, just need another year or so and a couple big profited installs for a 10-20% down payment and I should be set. My truck is definitely not paid for either! Lol.
So we're the same age, I had thought you were a little bit older than I am but I was wrong. I pretty much quit trying to find girls because all I'd end up with is a girl that's dumb as hell and doesn't understand anything in regards to real life. A girl that's a couple years older or the same age and has gone through school has a career or a business of her own and most important, has the maturity level I have, would be ideal, but extremely tough to find!
How'd yall meet?

CuttingEdgeLandscapes
12-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Congrats man that's awesome. I proposed to mine in September. It great to have someone with a good head on her shoulders and believes in you. The mowers will come in time.
Posted via Mobile Device

JB1
12-21-2012, 08:42 PM
A new ztr would of been a lot cheaper
Posted via Mobile Device

CuttingEdgeLandscapes
12-21-2012, 08:56 PM
There's no way from a money point of view a ztr is cheaper. Plus it's not just about money it's happiness and a life together. Things money can't buy.
Posted via Mobile Device

jrs.landscaping
12-21-2012, 09:02 PM
There's no way from a money point of view a ztr is cheaper. Plus it's not just about money it's happiness and a life together. Things money can't buy.
Posted via Mobile Device

How long have you been married?

The second sentence made me warm and fuzzy inside, my wife says it all the time..... right before she takes my plastic to go shopping payup :laugh:

Moose's Mowing
12-21-2012, 09:49 PM
congrats man, best of luck

CuttingEdgeLandscapes
12-22-2012, 07:48 AM
Not even married yet. But I know what you mean about that.
Posted via Mobile Device

weeze
12-22-2012, 06:38 PM
is this lawnsite or lovesite? lol

Lazer Cut
12-24-2012, 11:23 AM
haha... well guys she almost found the ring box (had it stuffed in my shoe in the closet) she decided at 4:30am this morning that she wanted to clean the closet lol... but I was able to steer her to do laundry ha to give me time to re hide it.

SOOOO I pop the question tomorrow sometime when I feel is right...

Lazer Cut
12-24-2012, 11:28 AM
It's a win, win!

That's awesome to hear. I'm jealous you have someone that really has her stuff together! More so than I do! Still live with my parents, unfortunately, I'm searching for houses as I type this, just need another year or so and a couple big profited installs for a 10-20% down payment and I should be set. My truck is definitely not paid for either! Lol.
So we're the same age, I had thought you were a little bit older than I am but I was wrong. I pretty much quit trying to find girls because all I'd end up with is a girl that's dumb as hell and doesn't understand anything in regards to real life. A girl that's a couple years older or the same age and has gone through school has a career or a business of her own and most important, has the maturity level I have, would be ideal, but extremely tough to find!
How'd yall meet?

I was selling insurance for State Farm and we were in a conference together... we kind of caught each others eye... spoke just a minute or two... she emailed me saying I was disruptive at the conference because I kept cracking jokes... we talked for a week or two I asked her out on a date.. about a year later we live together... just bought a puppy last month, are looking for rental properties to buy and she's supporting me 100% to go back into this industry... I couldnt have found a better one!

I was actually in the same situation as you about not finding girls... I had a nice apartment I lived by myself with exceptions of my son, new car good job (was in lots of debt though because I was 20 and thought I could afford my $25k car, $800 apartment, health insurance, car insurance and some credit card debit on top of it!!) we started dating and I actually went belly up bankrupct lost everything... I tipped toed around for a few months doing every thing I could for extra money... i thought when i told her I was filing bankrupcty I was going to lose her but she stuck by myside...I saved up money to buy my truck and going about everything almost 100% debt free. I have some medical bills that I owe that were not discharged fully but still working around those.

And I got $1500 off the ring because I kept joking with the lady selling it to me and she kept adding discount after discount... So it became less expensive than I wanted to spend on a zero turn thankfully lol

JContracting
12-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Great story.
Nice deal on how you got the price lower and lower on the ring, funny how that works sometimes. Good luck to you tomorrow!!
Posted via Mobile Device

aka lawn
12-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Good luck on tomorrow. I just got engaged couple weeks ago. The ring was burning a hole in my pocket. Mine rolls her eyes every time I mention buy more lawn stuff.

Lazer Cut
12-25-2012, 10:37 PM
She said yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erik1981
12-26-2012, 02:46 AM
Congrats!!! I've been married 3 1/2 awesome years and have a little 16 month old daughter. I never new I could be this happy. I hope you find that too.
Just make sure you put as much work into the relationship as she does and never take her for granted!! Merry Christmas!!!
She said yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!

BeachysLawn
12-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Congratulations, Man! Going on six years for me and it is the best thing you can do when you find the right one. Just always remember to treat her like she is the best thing in your life and you'll never regret it. Merry Christmas!

aka lawn
12-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Congrats!!!!

Isenberg Lawn Care
12-26-2012, 08:14 PM
Congrats man. And remember, keep your lawn at your home priority and she wont mind the lawn biz...

JContracting
12-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

TriCityLawnCareLLC
12-27-2012, 09:01 AM
I've still got a nice Lesco walk behind for sale! $900
Posted via Mobile Device

Lazer Cut
12-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Thanks everyone!

Tri-city-- Wouldn't be bad- let me see where I stand on everything after the 1st of the year. I have a 36" Scag I scooped up for $300 from an older guy who was moving to an apartment and he needed it gone, I'm suppose to pick it up next weekend.

TriCityLawnCareLLC
12-28-2012, 10:58 AM
pics of the mower are in my thread-link in my signature...

JContracting
12-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Lawnsite needs a "This thread is worthless without pics" smiley like diesel place has :laughing:
Posted via Mobile Device

Lazer Cut
12-29-2012, 01:13 AM
hahaha, here it is! :weightlifter:

JContracting
12-29-2012, 01:18 AM
I cant imagine how awkward it would be to ask her if you could take a pic of the ring for the guys on lawnsite to see. hahaha.
Posted via Mobile Device

nepatsfan
12-29-2012, 08:40 AM
A new ztr would of been a lot cheaper
Posted via Mobile Device

yuuuuuuuuuuup....

congrats to the OP.....but JB is right.

Sean Adams
12-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Good for you! Best wishes.