PDA

View Full Version : help

Schrock Lawns
12-22-2012, 01:47 AM
this is my first time posting in this thread, anyways im trying to start doing hardscaping and anyone provide me with any info on courses or anything that would help?

DVS Hardscaper
12-22-2012, 10:41 AM
do you go to Landsdown?

zedosix
12-22-2012, 11:43 AM
this is my first time posting in this thread, anyways im trying to start doing hardscaping and anyone provide me with any info on courses or anything that would help?

Your best bet is too go work for someone in the field, learn from them, assuming they are doing things correctly.

Schrock Lawns
12-22-2012, 04:28 PM
do you go to Landsdown?

haha why? ......

alldayrj
12-22-2012, 05:28 PM
just saw that youre 14.

I would try and help someone out part time so you can still keep your mowing.
this work is not cheap to get into, and it will take years to learn. forever, actually. but keep learning. watch how we do jobs, especially the seasoned members like Zedo, dvs, some other guys whose names are harder to remember. They be the Don with bricks.

also, watch youtube. no one is perfect and theres plenty of false info out there.
start with this vid on walls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoR9kE1Cf5I

DVS Hardscaper
12-22-2012, 06:39 PM
haha why? ......

First rule of thumb for hardscaping: Don't answer a question with a question
Posted via Mobile Device

Schrock Lawns
12-22-2012, 08:02 PM
First rule of thumb for hardscaping: Don't answer a question with a question
Posted via Mobile Device

Haha yea I do we'll aculty I got in trouble and I think got expelled so I don't know but I do why?
Posted via Mobile Device

big daddy b
12-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Yeah man at age 14, I'd say the best thing for you to do is go carry pavers for someone for a year or two to get a basic idea of what's going on.
Classes and courses are all well and fine, but until you work in the field you won't have any idea of how to apply what you've learned.