PDA

View Full Version : Any Ideas on how to pick up leaf out of thick ivy

makktruck
12-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Trying to figure out a new way to increase productivity for my yards that have thick ivy areas/patches with leafs. Right now I use a Stihl kombi system blower with a kmr90 powering it. It does the job but takes FOREVER. What do you do???

LandFakers
12-23-2012, 09:53 PM
I just blow the S*** out of it with the walk behind blower. It usually come out pretty easy.

Landrus2
12-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Red max 8050 that would Solve the problem:waving:

larryinalabama
12-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Just let the snakes eat the leaves.

zechstoker
12-23-2012, 10:42 PM

That's how I do it. Blast the crap out of it while waving the nozzle back and forth, side to side, or whatever pattern frees the leaves from the ivy.

Florida Gardener
12-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Stihl shred n vac
Posted via Mobile Device

garciajj612
12-23-2012, 11:17 PM

That's how I do it. Blast the crap out of it while waving the nozzle back and forth, side to side, or whatever pattern frees the leaves from the ivy.

That's exactly what we use too

recycledsole
12-23-2012, 11:30 PM
i Have the kombi blower and i upgraded to the stihl br600. it is a huge difference. i even have the km130, which is stronger then your 90. i also have a walk behind blower 13hp (390cc honda engine). the stihl back pack blower br600 works alot better for getting the leaves of out ivy, but if its a ton of sq ft of ivy i might use the walk behind blower.
the back pack blower is a huge different from the kombi blower. it youre going to be doing fall clean ups, it will help out alot.
thanks

Monroe74
12-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Have one person gently rake while the other blows it out.
You wont get every last leaf unless you pick it out by hand

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping
12-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Like others have said, just blow it out. Move the blower tube around, up and down, etc. Ivy areas will take longer than the turf, but you should get most of the leaves out. The remainder leaves usually just settle under the ivy.

Darryl G
12-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Wheel blower (it won't do any substantial harm to ground cover), big backpack blower or shredder-vac. I usually use a backpack blower and will touch-up with the shredder-vac if necessary. A Kombi or a conventional handheld blower just doesn't have the power to do it efficiently.

TuffWork
12-24-2012, 06:48 PM
I agree with what others have said, but if you really need power in tight areas the trick is to use two blowers at one time. I turn on my br600 (stihl backpack), then throw it on my back, while it idles I start my bg55 (stihl handheld blower), and run them both at the same time. This allows me to blow two directions at the same time which is good for getting around corners, freeing up the leaves, etc. Also if it's a big leaf clean up I'll have another guy on the Walker either on the lawn or out in the street sucking them up.

Darryl G
12-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Another tip, and to me it goes without saying...blow the leaves out of the bed instead of trying to work them all through it. I once watched a guy across the street from a cleanup I was doing work a pile of leaves all the way across a pachysandra bed the length of the house rather than just blowing them out into the lawn....duh!!!! I don't know, maybe he was working hourly, lol.