PDA

View Full Version : Edger help!

kawasaki guy
12-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Hi guys,

could you give me some tips on using a stick edger please?

Thanks!

orangemower
12-24-2012, 09:39 AM
www.youtube.com

Do a search and you'll find it.

Darryl G
12-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Ummmm...not much to say really.

Use it only on concrete edges or bed edges, not against asphalt, wood, plastic paver retainers or metal edging. If it's one with a wheel put the wheel on the hard surface. I've seen many recommned using them while walking backwards with I prefer going forward most of the time. Sometimes I work it back and forth a bit. Use a blower to blow out the crack when you're done. Use full throttle. If the soil is wet it may clog up in the guard, but that depends on your unit. Mine (Shindaiwa) is very prone to clogging in wet soils. Make sure to have spare blades on hand, they wear rather quickly.

Patriot Services
12-24-2012, 12:36 PM
Keep a fresh blade on it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
12-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Yes, normally the wheel goes onto the hard surface while edging, but if you have to edge anyplace where the turf is higher than the hard surface, you can edge with the wheel on the turf and do an excellent job. I have to do it that way in several places.

It really isn't very hard, so don't over think it. Just take your time at first until you get a feel for it. You'll be fine in no time.:)

kawasaki guy
12-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the replies!

BrunoT
12-24-2012, 08:07 PM
Practice makes perfect. Have some spare blades as I see sparks flying a lot with new users. Definitely watch for packing with mud and clean it out before it totally jams up.