PDA

View Full Version : When does your season end or does it ever end?

Orderlawncareonline
12-25-2012, 04:58 PM
When do you guys season end and begin I know in the northern regions it begins in late march early april, how about the southern areas do you guys mow all year round? Also when do you start advertising for your business for the upcoming season?

weeze
12-25-2012, 05:20 PM
usually all the work is done by mid december. mowing is done until the end of octorber and leaves are usually done in november or early december and then they are all gone. jan and feb are usually our off months although last year i was mowing in mid feb because it warmed up so soon down here. a normal year i start mowing mid march but some people wait until april before they want you to start. by then the weeds are a foot tall almost lol.

Kelly's Landscaping
12-25-2012, 05:27 PM
This week weather we finish or not were calling it a season. This season has gone a bit long but the lose of 2 weeks at the end of the cutting season has made that necessary. As for starting up Not counting the office work were be back out side in 10 weeks or less.

Orderlawncareonline
12-25-2012, 07:45 PM
@JasonsLawnCare we are on the same schedule as you guys. And kellys landscaping your still working that great where are you located to work this long into the season, must be a southern area.
Posted via Mobile Device

knox gsl
12-25-2012, 07:59 PM
I just finished up on the 21st. I will be starting the next season up on the 5th of next month.
Posted via Mobile Device

Orderlawncareonline
12-25-2012, 08:10 PM
are you gonna start mowing on the 5th of next month or some other services
Posted via Mobile Device

tasser
12-25-2012, 08:13 PM
here in tenn we was cut grass on some customer yard 2 days before xmas. plus still do leaves that will last till mid jan and reseeding and sodding a few yards by mid jan we start do our winter prunning by mid feb we start spring clean so really no down time here happy hoilday to all of u and your family and a safe new year

jsslawncare
12-25-2012, 08:49 PM
[QUOTE=JasonsLawnCare1;4622877]usually all the work is done by mid december. mowing is done until the end of octorber and leaves are usually done in november or early december and then they are all gone. jan and feb are usually our off months although last year i was mowing in mid feb because it warmed up so soon down here. a normal year i start mowing mid march but some people wait until april before they want you to start. by then the weeds are a foot tall almost lol.[/QUOT

Same here.

Florida Gardener
12-25-2012, 08:59 PM
All year in Florida....no stopping.

Duekster
12-25-2012, 09:26 PM
We slow down in N Texas but only stop for a week or two this time of year.

Orderlawncareonline
12-25-2012, 09:48 PM
Profits all year is great. I know its a lot easier to keep the same customers if your with them all year.
Posted via Mobile Device

knox gsl
12-25-2012, 10:00 PM
are you gonna start mowing on the 5th of next month or some other services
Posted via Mobile Device

New install work happens in the winter if possible. I've got several beds to redo, new ones to be put in and a few hardscape projects. Somewhere in there I need to repair tools and equipment, get advertising together and setup a new invoicing system. I also hope to be able to go to TX, LA, and FL over the next few months.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-25-2012, 11:35 PM
My green season ended over a month ago. All done now until next April (approx.). Will run direct mailers likely in March.

GARRETTWOOD
12-26-2012, 12:20 AM
End of Nov. Is the end of our season and we start up weather depending March/April. Have some snow to plow in winter for a few days of work. But with that from year to year its feast or famine.
Posted via Mobile Device

H & M Yard Improvements
12-26-2012, 02:53 AM
We are VERY slow right now. I try to keep finding work. All my leaf clean ups are done (finished last Thursday) and mowing ended around Halloween. Until the snow falls here in northern nj, it will likely stay this way until my spring clean ups start. I try to start my spring clean ups in early to mid March (weather permitting). Last year I was mowing in early April.
Posted via Mobile Device

LawnMowerKing10
12-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Clean ups are finished middle to end of December and just pray for snow after that. I try to get my spring clean ups going in March.

Orderlawncareonline
12-26-2012, 11:58 AM
It only snowed in my area about 5-10 good times all winter last year. Do you guys make any money plowing anymore? and how do you charge your customer per month or per plow
Posted via Mobile Device

locallawncare.ca
12-26-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm in Canada and cut until the end of October, cleanups in Nov. and early Dec, snow until end of March and then spring cleanups in end of March and April, cuts start First week in May and then repeat.

cpllawncare
12-26-2012, 09:16 PM
We run march 1st to nov 1st for cutting accounts, nov early dec for fall and leaf cleanups, Feb - Early march is spring cleanups. Last year we were cutting third week in Feb.

TheBetterDoorhanger
12-27-2012, 03:33 PM
If anyone is looking for a place to have your advertising printed, check out A'Deas Printing (www.adeasprinting.com) We have lots of different products with some innovative products to help keep your piece in view. We also have alot of specials so check those out as well. We have a few on our door hangers and even a couple on our direct mail.
If you have any questions or if you'd like some pricing or even a free sample packet just let me know! My name is Glenda and you can reach me by phone at 1-866-778-4254 or by email at glenda@adeasprinting.com
Good luck on every ones upcoming seasons!

cimkill
12-27-2012, 09:19 PM
I am further south than all of you:D. All year cutting down here. We do get a dry spell april may where the grass slows down quite a bit, but still have to cut every two weeks. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and has a even better new year.

pseudosun
12-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Pretty much finished with leaves. I remember getting cranked up on mowing right after Valentines Day. I hope it's that way next spring. The extended forecast is mainly low 40, high 60 for a whole month. I'm not sure if grass will grow with those temps, but it would be nice.

mowerbrad
12-29-2012, 12:39 AM
Typically I am done with leaves around December 1, this year I think I went a few days into December. I will then start up near the beginning of April. But everything is so dependent on the weather, if it snows sooner than usual I will be finished earlier or if the snow sticks around longer I will be starting later.

For me it is nice to have 4 months off, I still stay plenty busy with other things.

RSK Property Maintenance
12-29-2012, 12:44 AM
leaves end around the 1st week of december for me, then i plow when it snows, and start clean ups in middle of march depending on the weather, and start mowing around 2nd week in april non stop until november and things slow down and clean ups start.

Richard Martin
12-29-2012, 08:42 AM
The bulk of my work was done by the end of November. I did a couple of leaf cleanups in December too. I have a couple of annual rye lawns that will have to be serviced all winter. I go to those at least once a month. Pre-em goes down in late February and mowing begins in March.

orangemower
12-29-2012, 10:27 AM
I've taken on a group of homes and two private roads for snow removal this winter. I've been out three different days and have made more money in the three days I was pushing then I make cutting lawns each week! Today will be a forth day I'll have to go out and push snow and salt the roads. Man the dollar signs are popping up so fast I can't keep up. :usflag:

So I cut lawns and do warm weather maintenance in the summers and push snow in the winter. I've gotten more lawns to service for the coming season. My goal is to get enough 12 month paying customers so snow removal is all extra money to save.

Woody82986
12-29-2012, 11:26 AM
I have a couple clean ups on the schedule for next week. I visit the grand majority of clients once a month in December, January and February to take care of things so it never really stops completely. But January is usually the lightest month for me. I'll probably do those two clean ups and get 4 or 5 more spread out through the month and then my monthly visit to client properties and that should do it for actual work.

Glenn Lawn Care
12-29-2012, 03:52 PM
When one season ends, another one starts if you plow snow.
Posted via Mobile Device

Duekster
12-29-2012, 06:56 PM
In Texas we have about a 6 week period that is very slow but there is some work. Christmas to early Feb

orangemower
12-30-2012, 12:20 PM
When one season ends, another one starts if you plow snow.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep. What really sucks is when it snows early and you didn't get all the cleanups done. Or you're getting geared up for spring in late Feb to early March and it snows again. :dizzy: