PDA

View Full Version : Scag Tiger Cat or Wild Cat?

makktruck
12-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Cant decide between the two. Help :usflag:

orangemower
12-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Not a single person on here can help you when the only thing you say is help. List all the different terrains, the type of grass, how often? I could list a easy 20 more questions that could be a deciding factor in which one will work best.

djagusch
12-25-2012, 06:22 PM
The major difference in the two are a hydro cooler in the wildcat and engine choices. Frames, controls, decks, hydro pumps, wheel motors, and tires are the same.
Posted via Mobile Device

orangemower
12-25-2012, 06:29 PM
The major difference in the two are a hydro cooler in the wildcat and engine choices. Frames, controls, decks, hydro pumps, wheel motors, and tires are the same.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's all fine and dandy but can you tell him which one he should get based off of the current info he has provided? He can't decided which one to get so we need to tell him based on the info. Flip a coin?

Jimslawncareservice
12-25-2012, 06:58 PM
If your going to work it hard or keep it a while I would go with the wild cat for just a little more. If your going to just mow on weekends, part time or not sure if mowing lawns is for get the tiger cat.
Posted via Mobile Device

djagusch
12-25-2012, 06:58 PM
That's all fine and dandy but can you tell him which one he should get based off of the current info he has provided? He can't decided which one to get so we need to tell him based on the info. Flip a coin?

You have a point. After the info I gave him and he still cannot decide then he might want to choose a different line of work or give more details.

I would wondering if the price point is much different, as you can add a hydro cooler without much cost.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
12-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Last year the local dealers said that the Wildcat was being phased out, and Scag's site says limited availability, so unless you for sure have access to one to purchase, you may want to consider the fact that you may be asking a question that already has been decided for you.

Otherwise, more details would be very useful to help answer your question..

makktruck
12-25-2012, 10:39 PM
This coming season I plain to have 25 lawns. Most of the yards sizes are about 1/2 and acre to one acre. Some are a little bigger. Five of them have hills that are pretty steep and the other twenty are pretty flat. I mow in Louisville Kentucky so I guess the type of grass I mow is blue grass. I hope this now helps you help me.NAlso I have a 36inch walk behind and with that being now what size deck would you recommend. 48 or 52 inch.:usflag: I'm thinking 52 because the 36 inch and the 52inch use the same size blades.

makktruck
12-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the responses

LibertyFarmLandscaping
12-26-2012, 11:52 AM
I would go 52" already having the 36", and I would get a TC SS with the suspension seat, then you can add an aftermarket hydro cooler for about $50 if you want. Also I would see if you can negotiate flat free fronts at dealer cost. You will have a better seat than a Wildcat and all the other stuff a WC has at a cheaper price. The only thing missing would be the adjustable steering levers which you probably won't want anyway. I think they can be upgraded for around $150 if you decided you wanted them.
Posted via Mobile Device