PDA

View Full Version : Exmark 30" walk behind

EverestLandscape
12-25-2012, 11:42 PM
Anybody have info or a release date on the new eXmark 30" walkbehind. Ive seen a thread with it at the GIE in october and its on the pressroom page on exmark.com but no release date, price or anything. Im going to replace my 36wb with this 30" depending on when it comes out.
ANY HELP!?!?!?:waving:

Toro 455
12-26-2012, 07:29 AM
Ive seen a thread with it at the GIE in october and its on the pressroom page on exmark.com but no release date, price or anything

Could you post a link to the webpage? I don't know anything about it but I'd like to see it. I couldn't find it.

Duekster
12-26-2012, 07:33 AM
I am thinking the Toro is going to be march.

I would think the same here.

EverestLandscape
12-26-2012, 09:02 AM
http://www.exmark.com/pressroom/

EverestLandscape
12-26-2012, 09:08 AM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=390657&highlight=exmark+30&page=4

sjessen
12-26-2012, 09:53 AM
The local dealer was told the availability date has been postponed. He was not sure when he would be getting them in.

zachj265
12-28-2012, 12:24 AM
Anybody have info or a release date on the new eXmark 30" walkbehind. Ive seen a thread with it at the GIE in october and its on the pressroom page on exmark.com but no release date, price or anything. Im going to replace my 36wb with this 30" depending on when it comes out.
ANY HELP!?!?!?:waving:

Hopefully the 30" walkbehind is built much, much better than the 26" walkbehind. My 26" is currently in the shop for warranty repair of nearly every moving and non-moving part. The handlebar broke into two pieces, throttle engaging lever functions only with duct tape, spring loaded discharge chute cover broke off after two months, both springs for rear wheel adjustments snapped in the first month, front wheels are dysfunctional and move erratically left to right (yard appears mowed by intoxicated operator once arms get tired), and the mower simply fails to mulch.
Every time I see my service manager I ask if Exmark has quit making this pos yet. Last week he advised that Exmark discontinued the 26". I was utterly surprised when he mentioned Exmark releasing a 30". My back-up 21" residential mower is wearing out due to this 26" so-called "commercial" walk behind's chronic problems. I am referring to the 26" walk behind, not the new 30" WB and obviously they are not the same mower however judging by the new 30" WB photo it appears similar in scale.
I would not purchase the mower without a 30-day 100% money back guarantee (no re-stocking fee) in writing. I should have returned the mower and paid the $300 re-stocking fee 2 weeks after purchase but instead I assumed the initial problems were a fluke. I was wrong.

PlantscapeSolutions
12-29-2012, 01:32 AM
Going from a 36 WB to an over sized push mower is going to require a lot more effort. It's like taking two steps backwards in efficiency.

EverestLandscape
12-29-2012, 08:30 AM
Going from a 36 WB to an over sized push mower is going to require a lot more effort. It's like taking two steps backwards in efficiency.

Actually i think i would be going forward in my application. The areas i use my 36 on are fenced in pool areas with small amounts of turf, and small fenced in yards in general. Plus my 36 is belt drive and its just a pure pain in the but to move around these small areas. And i only use it on about 5 houses so its taking up valuable space on the trailer. But i see your point.

Kevin R
12-30-2012, 09:09 PM
The local dealer was told the availability date has been postponed. He was not sure when he would be getting them in.

I have one on order and my local dealer told me he would have it in February with his regular booking order.

I also called Exmark and they gave me a ton of info on it and they are usually very quiet about products unless they are released.

Kevin

PlantscapeSolutions
12-30-2012, 10:36 PM
Hopefully the 30" walkbehind is built much, much better than the 26" walkbehind. My 26" is currently in the shop for warranty repair of nearly every moving and non-moving part. The handlebar broke into two pieces, throttle engaging lever functions only with duct tape, spring loaded discharge chute cover broke off after two months, both springs for rear wheel adjustments snapped in the first month, front wheels are dysfunctional and move erratically left to right (yard appears mowed by intoxicated operator once arms get tired), and the mower simply fails to mulch.
Every time I see my service manager I ask if Exmark has quit making this pos yet. Last week he advised that Exmark discontinued the 26". I was utterly surprised when he mentioned Exmark releasing a 30". My back-up 21" residential mower is wearing out due to this 26" so-called "commercial" walk behind's chronic problems. I am referring to the 26" walk behind, not the new 30" WB and obviously they are not the same mower however judging by the new 30" WB photo it appears similar in scale.
I would not purchase the mower without a 30-day 100% money back guarantee (no re-stocking fee) in writing. I should have returned the mower and paid the $300 re-stocking fee 2 weeks after purchase but instead I assumed the initial problems were a fluke. I was wrong.

One word HONDA. My Honda commercial mower is probably sever years old and has only needed one minor tune up and a new gas tank. You can't beat a push mower that's a hydro. Decent WB's are all hydro and push mowers should be too.

joemower
12-31-2012, 10:29 AM
I think I'm going to take a chance on one. I took a close look at it at The GIE+Expo and I was pleasantly impressed. Thought it was well balance and sturdy. As with the 21'' mowers the Exmark version seemed nicer than the Toro version. Our company had been using the Toro Commercial 21" for 25 years until we tried the Exmark version 2 years ago. Definitely a better thought out and more durable mower than the Toro. Cut quality was about the same. the only concern that I had with the 30" version was that the engine is the same as the one on the 21" models. Exmark claims that the engine will be more than adequate. Don't think it will replace a WB mower but it will definitely be an advantage over a 21" push and unfortunately have to do a lot of pushing.

LantanaBob
02-19-2013, 06:37 PM
I saw one at my dealer today. I has the same engine that powers the 21 and the 26. I think it's a Metro 26 revisited. Weighs a lot, has way too much plastic on it to suit me. The dealer says he has sold 2 in the last week and is waiting on feedback. My guess is one or both of them will be in the shop for repairs within a few weeks.

Schrock Lawns
02-19-2013, 07:12 PM
I just picked up a toro version it's not going to replace a 36wb for you very heavy and bulky I'm writing my full review later
Posted via Mobile Device

EverestLandscape
02-19-2013, 07:30 PM
Awesome, look forward to it
Posted via Mobile Device