PDA

View Full Version : Finders Fee?

matt25738
12-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Does anyone offer a finders fee on landscape jobs?? I'm working with a landscape designer who is wanting 2.5% off the top for a finders fee. Any thoughts on this??

headz77
12-26-2012, 10:27 AM
We have similar arrangements with designers/architects for landscape install projects. Not for maintenance though. The % depends on level of involvement. At 2.5% I would think you would be getting a strong recommendation and hopefully no one else would be bidding on it.
Posted via Mobile Device

alldayrj
12-26-2012, 10:52 AM
I do 1% for a referral (word of mouth, handing off a card) and 5% if they actually sell the job(go measure it, hand off estimate, seal the deal)
Posted via Mobile Device

matt25738
12-26-2012, 01:57 PM
I do 1% for a referral (word of mouth, handing off a card) and 5% if they actually sell the job(go measure it, hand off estimate, seal the deal)
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you do your referral off the top line or bottom??

alldayrj
12-26-2012, 02:18 PM
The top. I had a customer refer me a 6k patio. They got $60 for a nice local restaurant. I prefer gift certificates since its more special than cash to a homeowner. Sometimes its a gas card or one of those amex cards. Landscapers or other businesses that pass me work get cash because thats what theyre in it for
Posted via Mobile Device

NC Greenscaper
12-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Does anyone offer a finders fee on landscape jobs?? I'm working with a landscape designer who is wanting 2.5% off the top for a finders fee. Any thoughts on this??

I wouldn't have a problem with paying 2.5% finders fee if they are me. Especially if they have designed the work.

I have a landscape contractor that refers maintenance work to us and a realty/property manager that refers maintenance customers to us and both of these get a nice restraurant gift cert. ($50).

matt25738
12-26-2012, 11:07 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with paying 2.5% finders fee if they are me. Especially if they have designed the work.

I have a landscape contractor that refers maintenance work to us and a realty/property manager that refers maintenance customers to us and both of these get a nice restraurant gift cert. ($50).

Thanks, I appreciate hearing that I'm not getting screwed by the finders fee. For your maintenance contracts, do you give a flat $50 finders fee no matter what size contract you get or do you do it based on a minimum or above size property??

adam.neusbaum
12-27-2012, 05:50 PM
I do $20 to a local spray guy for every topdressing referral, he's happy & I'm happy. Cheap advertisement.
Posted via Mobile Device