PDA

View Full Version : Got My Backpack Blower Back

bob
08-19-2000, 09:51 PM
I got my backpack blower back today ,after it fell off my trailer Wednesday.(see other thread-helper mess up). An honest person found it and saw my "lost" ad in the paper. I rewarded him $50. The starter recoil it broken as well as the plastic casing around the engine. Since I ordered a new on already,I'll probably fix this on and sell it. I told the helper who lost it that it was returned. He wanted to pay for the repairs but I told him no. I said you learn from your mistakes, You"ll never make this one again!

eslawns
08-19-2000, 10:08 PM
Good for you. Ever hear that virtue is its own reward? The good guys won today. I hope I can be as understanding as you when this happens to me.

Guido
08-20-2000, 01:36 PM
So there are some good people left in the world, or did you post the reward in the lost ad too!!! You got lucky though, I guess! Congrats Bob!!

Eric ELM
08-20-2000, 01:39 PM
Glad to hear you got it back. I wonder if I'll get the stuff back that was stolen 2 years ago, NOT

cos
08-20-2000, 01:43 PM
had my truck stolen with equip. in the back. still havent seen that snapper 48" wb but i have the serial #s and just let me find some dirty, no good grass cutter with it. The police would have to restrain me from hurtin the fool.

Kevin
08-20-2000, 02:03 PM
Cos, Maybe let the local shops/dealers know your are "looking " to buy a used snapper 48"wb and see if any show up. Sorry to here about your loss.

cos
08-20-2000, 02:31 PM
I did that and nothing. I even used look at other people cuttin grass to see if they had an old snapper 48". I cut my loses and accepted as that (a loss). we learn lifes lessons everyday, so I now just keep my eyes open when I walk in a mower shop.

KirbysLawn
08-20-2000, 02:33 PM
Bob, you appear to be a class act, good treatment of the employee this time, not sure if it happens again though. :)

Cutter1
08-20-2000, 10:02 PM
Bob...Glad to hear you got it back!!! You handled it like pro, couldn't have done it better myself!!